Jeremy bought a Corvette ZR1?

niteriyder

Car(s)
99 FRC VETTE
Pay close attention at 1:45 <_< i doubt he did, but i found it weird that it was pointed out :lol:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDlIp-w1vd4[/YOUTUBE]

I think they've just mentioned Top Gear in order to show how every single person in the world, Clarkson included, immediately fell in love with the Corvette ZR1 when it got launched. :rolleyes:

I think they've just mentioned Top Gear in order to show how every single person in the world, Clarkson included, immediately fell in love with the Corvette ZR1 when it got launched. :rolleyes:

The thing is they said he actually bought one. Maybe they know something we don't. I suppose we'll all find out soon.

I so hope he bough one, the car fits him very nicely, and it's hell of a lot cheaper than any of the AMG stuff, so it's a heaven for cheap skate Jeremy here. The guy helding the presentation definitely said Jeremy followed his observation of "Corvette being sophisticated" by purchasing one.

Last edited:
I am shocked, really. I'm left questioning if this is real or not.

i doubt it, though in his column he mentioned something about a sl black
[...] so I spent the next 400 years in a ?250k SL Black doing 35 behind an endless stream of internet delivery trucks, farmyard equipment and sex maniacs cruising the array of adult shops. Until eventually, I entered England. [...]

he
a. owns one
b. tested one

linky

Get the feeling Hammond buying the Dodge Challenger has become confused.

^^ That sounded like he was just testing it. I think he bought a CLK Black. People don't tend to mention a car's price when they own it.

^^ That sounded like he was just testing it. I think he bought a CLK Black. People don't tend to mention a car's price when they own it.

You don't need to think so, because he has, and has mentioned it over an entire article in TG mag. We've had several threads about it before.

well he did say on the show he was buying one when he got back to england :lol:

well he did say on the show he was buying one when he got back to england :lol:

Yeah, but he also said that you cant own a corvette in the U.K. so he sort of talked himself out of it.

I hope anyway, because if he buys a corvette he can no longer be as biased towards american cars... and I LOVE THAT about him :D

Yeah, but he also said that you cant own a corvette in the U.K. so he sort of talked himself out of it.

I hope anyway, because if he buys a corvette he can no longer be as biased towards american cars... and I LOVE THAT about him :D

If he did buy it, it would just give him more reason to be that way... If you'll recall, he owned a Ford GT. The ZR1 is very cool, and it would be pretty neat if he were to have bought one. Remember too, he complained in one of his articles about the one he drove in the Salt Flats episode disintegrating.

definately has a CLK black. we know from james being captain horrid. haha. big hint there.
lets see if they hint on him owning a ZR1 in the upcoming series.

Jeremy seems to buy everything. And then sell it on a few months later. Nothing wrong with that -- I'd do it if I could. :)

Steve

You guys know its possible that he bought the car and didnt mention it to anyone online or on television?

I just dont see the corvette guy (who knows more about this than we do) pulling something like "this critic bought one of our cars" out of his ass based on his own speculation.

Jeremy seems to buy everything. And then sell it on a few months later. Nothing wrong with that -- I'd do it if I could. :)

Steve

But the trick is he only buys his supercars one at a time, the lineup is easy to remember if you watched his shows:

Ferrari F355 -> MB SL55 -> Ford GT -> Gallardo Spyder -> MB CLK Black

he frequently mentions in his magazine/column writings when he gets rid of a old car and replaces it with his new supercar of choice, you wouldn't know this info if you only watch Top Gear.

But the trick is he only buys his supercars one at a time, the lineup is easy to remember if you watched his shows:

Ferrari F355 -> MB SL55 -> Ford GT -> Gallardo Spyder -> MB CLK Black

he frequently mentions in his magazine/column writings when he gets rid of a old car and replaces it with his new supercar of choice, you wouldn't know this info if you only watch Top Gear.

+1

I agree with those who say he hasn't bought one. If anything, it was either a test. But then again, someone who made that guy's notes up in the video, saw the TG magazine and in the lifers section, someone has a Corvette ZR1* and put 2 and 2 together and got 5.

That's what I thought of first when watching the video and reading the comments on here.

*That lifer Corvette was also the one which was used in the Fiesta test in the shopping centre :p