Autoblog: Ford Fusion Hybrid travels 1,445 miles on a tank of fuel

:lol:

It's a masterful marketing move, if nothing else. Credit where credit is due, etc., etc.

Also, the Fusion's not UAW built, is it? :p

Well done to them for getting 81mpg from a fairly big car, that's pretty impressive (although hardly surprising with hypermiling). It's an alternative to the Prius at least.

good. Now all the eco green hippies will buy this over a Prius, and we can't tell which Fusions are hybrids, so the smugness factor is reduced to 0.

greenies happy, petrolheads happy (at the sight of less Prii). Job done

Nah, the tree-fuckers won't buy a Fusion for the very reason you specify - you can't tell it's a hybrid. The only reason to buy the shit-box Prius is to shout loudly to the cosmos how much better you are than that selfish prick in his Civic.

Although it now comes with free Swine Flu in the glove box.

Although it now comes with free Swine Flu in the glove box.

I would rather have MexiFlu than deal with a UAW car.

At least the MexiFlu doesn't linger on to cause pain and suffering for years and years.

I would rather have MexiFlu than deal with a UAW car.

At least the MexiFlu doesn't linger on to cause pain and suffering for years and years.

I'm stealing that for my sig. I would rep you if I could.

That's one hell of an advertising line, "1,445 miles on a tank." Well done Ford. Damn I'm glad they didn't take that bailout money.

Nah, the tree-fuckers won't buy a Fusion for the very reason you specify - you can't tell it's a hybrid. The only reason to buy the shit-box Prius is to shout loudly to the cosmos how much better you are than that selfish prick in his Civic.

Which means the reasonable environmentalists will choose the Fusion, and all Prius drivers will own it solely to look like they are saving the planet, therefore we can shoot all Prius drivers without risk of hurting the innocent/reasonable enviros.

Time to pick up that M16 you've left lying around... :mrgreen: