Trailer for "District 9"

jetsetter

Forum Addict
Car(s)
1997 BMW 528i
An extraterrestrial race forced to live in slum-like conditions on Earth suddenly find a kindred spirit in a government agent that is exposed to their biotechnology.

Trailer: http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/district9/

It is based on a short video that the director put together a few years ago:

[YOUTUBE]iNReejO7Zu8[/YOUTUBE]

oh very interesting and holy shit that's creepy

V is back!!! :lol:

But this time is the other way round!

V is indeed back but it will be a new television series on ABC.

Should be cool, as long as they keep it to the same style. I hope this doesn't turn into a action/horror type thing.

Looking forward to this. :)

It was decent. The first 2/3rds was good and then people just started exploding and it got ridiculous.

Good movie, 9/10. I agree with Bartboy, the ending started to stray into just action, but that isn't really that bad. Plus I want one of those white pick-ups the MNU guys drive around in.

i saw the trailer for this when i saw GI Joe the other day and i was completely surprised about it. having not seen the trailer before and knowing nothing about the film, at the start of the trailer i was thinking "oh great, another arty documentary movie about war" and then those last few seconds of the film, well took a while for my jaw to come off the floor.
looking forward to seeing this one.

9/10 from me as well. Watching people turn into a red mist was great! And I can't think of a better way of the Nigerian leader going out!

Just got back, man that was an awesome film. Can't believe the budget for this movie was only $30 million, cause it didn't look like it at all.

I really like the alien design and weaponry. The movie shows you how humans hostility is a plague in this planet.

Favorite part:
The mech-warrior scene was so badass, also the scenes were he was being transformed into an alien were really creepy

Isn't this the movie where that french bloke jumps around a lot?

that is district 13 :)

I need to wait till good versions of that movie appear on the net because I fear it won't hit german cinemas :/

that is district 13 :)

I need to wait till good versions of that movie appear on the net because I fear it won't hit german cinemas :/

you might be in luck, i know it comes out here in Switzerland september 16th (i think), so it should come out in Germany too.

The movie was epically good. One of my favourites. I really really like Neill's work and really wish this would've been Halo instead, considering this is technically a budget film and it was that good, imagine the effects on a full blow blockbuster.

I really liked the smart alien guy, was a cool dude considering he could've just teared the guy apart after everything happened.

Wow that was a really good film.

Anyone else notice the
20mm sniper rifle? holy shit that was badass!

After thinking more about it, this movie reminds me quite a bit of the Kafka novel Metamorphosis. In the literal sense and in regards to how it effects the characters. Its brilliant.

Last edited: