Random Thoughts....

I found another weird thing on google. I was searching "why is there a difference between book value and market value?" and when all I had typed in was "why is there a d," the first result was "why is there a dead pakistani on my couch?" Strange.

Well I caved to advertising. There was a coupon for cinnamon toast crunch in the mail today and I totally bought some along with some whole milk and I'm eating some now. I feel like such a sheep but boy do I love it.:lol:

Got a chance to drive a Hyundai Accent today... and I am slightly ashamed to say it wasn't that bad. It was a 1.4 (or 1.6) Accent hatchback with a 5-speed (stick, of course). There wasn't much power, and you knew it from the start, but it was peppy (probably because it weighed very little; the only comfort in it was a stereo. Yay for manual windows) and handled well, and the gearbox, while a bit slow, did feel responsive. It could seat two and store a decent amount of stuff in the back, and overall build quality and design was acceptable.

Of course, it was still not wonderful- it was noisy as hell, ugly, soulless, and had something even worse than GM Plastic(tm), but it did redeem itself enough for me to reccomend it to someone looking for a fun new car on a low budget, or a dirt-cheap used car that hasn't been run into the ground (depreciation+Hyundai=worse than Alfa).

...Why does it cost so much to rent a car in Boston but drop it off in New York? It would be $550 to do that, yet it would only be $160 to rent the car in Boston and return it to the same place. Stupid hertz being the only car rental company that gives a AAA discount (that I know of at least). Grrr!

^Okay everyone... you know what this means! It's time to recommend cars for a cheap car challenge! :D

...Why does it cost so much to rent a car in Boston but drop it off in New York? It would be $550 to do that, yet it would only be $160 to rent the car in Boston and return it to the same place. Stupid hertz being the only car rental company that gives a AAA discount (that I know of at least). Grrr!

I rented a 6x12 U-Haul trailer for 4 days. Would have been like $30 a day plus random fees f it were "in town." My move to California from Wisconsin which was 4 days (including pick-up, loading, driving, emptying and drop-off) was nearly $1,000.

I wish there was a college federal work study program that could help me pay for motorcycle parts.

how much will you pay kat to drive you from from boston to ny? :lol:

^Okay everyone... you know what this means! It's time to recommend cars for a cheap car challenge! :D

More or less, find a rental car company that doesn't rape you for driving across 4 states. :mad:

I rented a 6x12 U-Haul trailer for 4 days. Would have been like $30 a day plus random fees f it were "in town." My move to California from Wisconsin which was 4 days (including pick-up, loading, driving, emptying and drop-off) was nearly $1,000.

Yea... U-Haul loves to rape you for anything extra. Their trailers and trucks aren't always kept up to code or maintained very well either. :|

[edit]
Figured a way around it. Fuck yes :)

Last edited:
I just made nigerian pepper soup for dinner :O

Nothing quite like hacking at a whole chicken, god I hate dealing with whole chickens

More recently it hasn't been so expensive thanks to all the vehicles leaving California, they've been needing them back.

When my father and I moved back to LA from St. Louis last year he just bought a damn used Uhaul diesel (made sure he got a copy of the service records first).

Wesold it for $100 less than paid for it and we didn't have to rush to get the thing emptied and returned.

I just realised that I have a whole heap of uni work to do tomorrow :(

Well that's 5000 :O The first 4000 went the quickest then the last 1000 have come really slowly :O

Hell, you'd be better off renting cars in different places and taking the train between the cities. On a completely unrelated note, I'm about to test driven an XJR. :mrgreen:

I don't get guys/boys/my brothers (and to some extend my bf).
Tomorrow is my dads birthday, I had talked with my mom about presents and stuff and kinda knew what I wanted to buy for him so it would be quick to do it today. When I was in the shop I thought that I better call my brothers and ask if they got him something, suprise suprise they didn't but they had thought about it :wall: Nice as I am I offer to buy something from all of us (a bigger thing of the thing I had planned to buy), but it's like this every damn time, birthdays, christmas whatever, one year I got a call in the afternoon of december 23th from my brother, he forgot to buy a present for our mom and wanted to know if I could go pick one up :rolleyes: luckily most shops are open late that day, but still...
Oh and my bf doesn't remember ANY birthday so I have to remind him when it's his parents, uncles, anyones birthday :???:

Are you guys like that too or am I unlucky?

^I can't speak for anyone else.. But i always remember b-days...

^^ Remembering birthdays I can do. Thinking of decent gifts is a whole different matter however.

I think our neighbours CD player is broken or something, it seems to just play one song over and over again, non stop for hours!

Last weekend it was "No Air by Jordan Sparks" and this weekend it's "Dead and Gone by TI."

It so bloody annoying, how can someone listen to the same song over and over again, especially when they are crap.