Random Thoughts....

I went to a house party last night and actually had a great time, despite not knowing most of the people there (or indeed the people who lived in the house) - as it turns out, a drum kit makes all the difference.
So you just showed up with a drum kit, and became the life of the party?

Killer. :cool:

Drums always work to pick up the ladies...
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kco7EzcA81w[/YOUTUBE]

So you just showed up with a drum kit, and became the life of the party?

Killer. :cool:

:lmao: I wish. But whoever lives in the front bedroom had a drum kit, a tambourine and a guitar, so awesome noise was made.

"faith can make you wild with hope"

Nope, only GCSE's which sucks because I have to get all A*'s for a Cambridge application. But when I spoke to them they said they don't matter too much. :S
Are you doing Cambridge AS level exams?

I don't think so considering he lives in Sri Lanka.:lol:

Our school has a week of exams to replace SATS after tomorrow. I need to revise on my French for Monday.

Ok, I didn't look at that :lol:

I thought they scrapped SAT's?
I wish I was only doing those. They didn't matter too much in our school, maybe determined what band you were in for Year 10 and 11 but it went on Targets anyway.
Good luck, anyway :mrgreen:

There are actually international A-levels set by some Cambridge body, so given that he mentioned them specifically it's likely he does them, although IB is probably the better choice.
:rolleyes:

Becka thanks.:D They have scrapped them, but the schools have been asked to set their own end-of-year exams to assess your performance in KS3.

Last edited:
I am doing my ASs in a week, and we've had so many talks about applying to get into Oxbridge its painful. I haven't got a chance (and I don't want to), but as I go to a very decent grammar school, lots of people want to go there.

But we have been told that if you wanted to get into Oxbridge from a grammar school you are looking at about 6-8 A*s at GCSE at least. Maybe less from a comprehensive, but yeah. Then stuff like AAA* at A Level (I am in the first year ever to be able to get A*s at A2 - but it involves something ridiculous like 90% at AS - haha, not me).

02/05/2009 17:11 - (SA)

Entebbe, Uganda - Africans must travel to the moon to investigate what developed nations have been doing in outer space, Ugandan President Yoweri Museveni said on Saturday.

"The Americans have gone to the moon. And the Russians. The Chinese and Indians will go there soon. Africans are the only ones who are stuck here," Museveni said, addressing a meeting of the Uganda Law Society in Entebbe.

"We must also go there and say: 'What are you people doing up here?'."

Museveni urged the assembly of Uganda's top lawyers to support East African integration, arguing that one of the region's goals should be to develop a space programme.

"Uganda alone cannot go to the moon. We are too small. But East Africa united can. That is what East African integration is all about," he said.

"Then we can say to the Americans: 'What are you doing here all alone?'."

Museveni has vocally campaigned for a common East African economic and political zone.

Negotiations to establish a tariff free trade zone including Uganda, Kenya, Tanzania, Burundi and Rwanda have been ongoing for months.

Museveni on Saturday also called for enhanced political integration among the East African nations, suggesting the region would be strengthened by becoming one country.

- AFP

http://www.news24.com/News24/Technology/News/0,,2-13-1443_2510263,00.html

We choose to go to the moon.... not because it's easy but because... damn am I hungry.

Might I add Curiosity killed the cat. They're gonna go to the moon and find a lunar rover, a flag and some foot steps and realize they wasted their time.