Top Gear in Youtube is now Restricted...

Dieter Cabral

Car(s)
2012 M3. 2020 Seat Ateca
We all know that the BBC legal department is full of douchebags, jerks, and pseudo-dictators looking to fuck our spare time over....!

But why on earth did they restrict the Youtube channel... What harm is done if someone outside the U.K watches the clips THEY upload to a PUBLIC video site...! :blowup:

http://img58.imageshack.**/img58/6131/scrn19.jpg

Last edited:
It's always been like that :(:mad:

It's even suckier when you're just across the border from the UK...

they must have done it only very recently, I was one of the first subscribers :(

it's probably because of the song copyrights only for BBC..

Damn you, music industry! /shakes fist in the air

The videos they upload there are ruined by the non-orginal music anyway. Why bother?

I am subscribed to their videos so why am I still getting update emails if I can't watch? Sometimes the BBC can be just retarded.

Sometimes the BBC can be just retarded.

I know... the thing is that their channel is flooded with hate comments, I hope they realize what they've done and change it back.

Their logic cant be right, I mean wasnt this Susan Boyle woman unfamous before the youtube clip? would it have been such a fenomemon if only Uk users could watch?

I guess we have to accept that BBC lawyers, politicians etc don't really understand this new-fangled interweb contraption.

They are probably still trying to work out how to get tapes into their top-loading VCR video machines.

hes smo.com.

It's only for the new videos, currently only the Kirsten Scott Thomas one. The other ones work. I still unsubscribed though.

Last edited:
Anyone who works in any legal department is, by definition, a douchebag. Not just the BBC's...

Oh well, good thing we all have hidden stashes of pre-downloaded TG episodes. :mrgreen:

It's always been like that :(:mad:

I'm in the US; it wasn't always like that. I've always been able to see the videos on the channel.

they must have done it only very recently, I was one of the first subscribers :(

it's probably because of the song copyrights only for BBC..

Damn you, music industry! /shakes fist in the air

Who knows. *mutters obscenities about the music industry*

It's only for the new videos, currently only the Kirsten Scott Thomas one. The other ones work. I still unsubscribed though.

Heh. That's odd.

Youtube is just as retarded for even offering the option to Restrict by country

You-what? I don't know what this thing you speak of is. I only know of torrents.

:lol::lol:

But when you only want to watch a clip... the whole episode is just a complication, cus most of the time you (and by you I mean me :)) have only a very vague idea of which episode contains what, hence the use of Youtube.

I dont know what I would've done if there was no finalgear! thanks guys (Viper and everyone)

Their logic cant be right, I mean wasnt this Susan Boyle woman unfamous before the youtube clip? would it have been such a fenomemon if only Uk users could watch?
Simon Cowell himself said that YouTube is the best possible thing to happen to her and that show, and actually pleaded with the lawyers of the world not to ruin it.