Bad news for new Camaro owners

Mitsu did that with a 2.0L

Also, GM sucks. That is all.

I'd like to see a Mistu 2L or a BMW 4L do 426 HP at 5900 RPM... or 420 lbs/ft at 4600.

Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a Mistu 2L or a BMW 4L do 426 HP at 5900 RPM... or 420 lbs/ft at 4600.

Saying smaller engines are better is like saying you don't want huge muscles because you wouldn't fit through the door. So what? You can bench 500. Fuck doors.

Did you not get that my bmw reference was meant to be a joke?

I would actually have a Golf rather than a Camaro which broke down when you drove it out from the dealer.
You probably shouldn't buy the ONE that broke down, then.

Actually, shouldn't you probably buy exactly the ONE that had this particular fault, under the reasoning that it now already has this issue fixed? :p

I think the GT-R is overrated, with its lack of character. Facia cracks from hitting 155 mph are character. Any real human would get the Camaro. :mrgreen:
I can just see it: Someone gives you shit over cracks in the front of your brand new Camaro, and you tell them it's because you were going 160mph the other night. :blink:

I can just see it: Someone gives you shit over cracks in the front of your brand new Camaro, and you tell them it's because you were going 160mph the other night. :blink:

Then they find out that you have a V6 Camaro that won't go 160mph, and you look even worse. :D

:lol: Really. I'm sure that in a few years we'll probably see some 5th gens that never went over 80mph and still have cracked front ends.

Actually I wonder what a V6/6-speed Camaro would top out at? They're pigs, but they do have 300hp and a long top gear.

I'm sure that in a few years we'll probably see

Look! look there it goes again! :lol: God you guys are predictable. Come back and slam GM with some substance, when i (and others) prove with credible sources these are isolated and common issues with an early car, and that GM has gone out of their way to fix them, you guys drop right on "uhhh, well gm still sucks, and there will probibly maybe be engine explosions at some point".

Look! look there it goes again! :lol: God you guys are predictable. Come back and slam GM with some substance, when i (and others) prove with credible sources these are isolated and common issues with an early car, and that GM has gone out of their way to fix them, you guys drop right on "uhhh, well gm still sucks, and there will probibly maybe be engine explosions at some point".

Well, let's see.

Let's say you live in the country. Every year on July 4, your neighbor goes out and works on his car with nitroglycerine and manages to make it explode. He's done this every year for 50 years.

He's held off for the past couple of years, promising that his new annual car work will be different. He's got his new project car, and he swears that he won't blow this one up. However, you find out that he recently took delivery of some boxes marked "Caution: Explosives Inside". And you see that he's getting an open firepit ready next to where he will work on the car.

Do you really think that he *won't* blow up his car this time? The situation is parallel - until GM proves otherwise, the new Camaro is more of the old GM with a bunch of hype stacked on top.

The situation is parallel - until GM proves otherwise, the new Camaro is more of the old GM with a bunch of hype stacked on top.

It most certainly is not parallel. We're talking about different cars, different people, then, in your example. The parallel to your example would be that GM has been making the Camaro every year for 50 years and they've all disintegrated.

Quite apart from the fact that the Camaro is using mostly proven technology, namely engine and chassis, there is nothing specifically naming the Camaro as unreliable except by association to GM. If a criminal manager hires a man, is the hiree also a criminal? Just because GM has made unreliable cars in the past, does not mean the new Camaro should be assumed to be unreliable as well. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

Objectivity, people. Objectivity.

Last edited:
Except that all of the Camaros do disintegrate.... You end up having to rebuild the entire car if you want to keep it.

Last edited:
Except that all of the Camaros do disintegrate.... You end up having to rebuild the entire car if you want to keep it.

So how many new 5th-gen Camaros have you rebuilt so far?

So how many new 5th-gen Camaros have you rebuilt so far?

None, but I was talking about prior Camaros, the previous four generations. I'm pretty sure you knew that. :p

None, he was too busy masturbating to Atlas Shrugged.

Now now, just because Canadian authorial skills generally top out at "see moose run" doesn't mean you can run down other authors. :mrgreen:

Besides, today it is Aldous Huxley's "Brave New World" and some Kurt Vonnegut.

Last edited: