2009 Spanish Formula 1 Grand Prix

What makes you say that?

Anyone have the qualifying results? I forgot to watch :(

Finally some good signs from bee'ems, or from Kubica at least. I think he might be the heaviest out of the top 10 cars. Oh, no wait, just read that he had some problems in Q3 with understeer, it was related somehow with the last set of the option tyre. Anyway... it's only the fifth race of the season and I don't know, I'm getting quite bored with the Brawns magical performance. In a way it felt better when Ferrari and McLaren were the ones on the front row...

Last edited:
Good effort by Massa it seems. Is it my imagination but are Toyota going back down the grid? Did they have heavy fuel loads anyone know?

/EDIT piekarz do not worry they (Brawn) will run out of money before the end of the season I am guessing.

Last edited:
^ they are picking sponsors every gp so who knows. Also its nothing to do with massa, Ferrari just manufactured some nice parts.

What makes you say that?

He's been close to Alonso lately, today he was very close, his race pace is usually good and it's happened several times (last year too) that his strategy with a heavy-fuelled car turned out to be better.

^That was a tactical error. But yes, Felipe should be proud of himself.

doesnt matter how skilled u are, if you dont race u'll be last. Kovi tried but he's not as good as Hamilton and Piquet tried too but Alonso is stronger.

btw, isnt pit lane speed 100km Max?

Last edited:
Comparative fuel loads for the first two (mentioned by Button and Vettel in the press conference): Seb is stopping around lap 27, and JB around lap 32.

OH MY MOTHER FUCKING GOD

My weekend is ruined. Internet fucked out for 2 days and I missed the quali coverage : (

I think it was a joke ;) No way they have fuel for 30 laps.

Yeah, you're right, they were.

01 McLaren Mercedes Lewis Hamilton 683.0*
02 McLaren Mercedes Heikki Kovalainen 657.0*
03 Ferrari Felipe Massa 655.0
04 Ferrari Kimi R?ikk?nen 673.0*
05 BMW Sauber Robert Kubica 660.0
06 BMW Sauber Nick Heidfeld 676.3*
07 Renault Fernando Alonso 645.0
08 Renault Nelson Piquet 677.4*
09 Toyota Jarno Trulli 655.5
10 Toyota Timo Glock 646.5
11 STR Ferrari S?bastien Bourdais 669.0*
12 STR Ferrari S?bastien Buemi 678.0*
14 RBR Renault Mark Webber 651.5
15 RBR Renault Sebastian Vettel 651.5
16 Williams Toyota Nico Rosberg 668.0
17 Williams Toyota Kazuki Nakajima 676.6*
20 Force India Mercedes Adrian Sutil 675.0*
21 Force India Mercedes Giancarlo Fisichella 656.0*
22 Brawn Mercedes Jenson Button 646.0
23 Brawn Mercedes Rubens Barrichello 649.5

Vettel and Christian Horner will have a little smile now. But the biggest smile might be on the face of Felipe Massa.

Last edited:
hmmm, good for vettel and massa, if massa can get a podium from this, would be really good for ferrari... and if vettel win this one, for the championship.

hmmm, good for vettel and massa, if massa can get a podium from this, would be really good for ferrari.

TBH, if Massa's car stays in one piece, he might actually open his '09 account with a win. A burst of KERS at the start could see him up to 2nd or 3rd, and then he can wait for the ones left ahead of him to pit.

piekarz do not worry they (Brawn) will run out of money before the end of the season I am guessing.

They might have only one major sponsor, but that's a certified madman with infinite resources and a know hatred for losing. If they start moving down the grind, Branson will start throwing money at them until they are on top again.

The Brawn has shown that its race pace is superior to its quali pace so I expect Button to open up about a 10 second gap before the first pits and the others will not be able to jump him with only 2-4 laps more fuel.
Massa will finish off the podium.