Best apps from app store (iPod/iPhone)

For those of us with iPod touch's (jail broken) and a need to have maps when we have no wifi:

xGPS, get it via cydia and download the windows/mac app as well. Use the windows app to download a shitload of offline maps then send them to your ipod. You don't need the windows/mac app but downloading the maps via the ipod sucks by comparison.

I have the entire LA/ventura/San Diego area in 4 zoom levels of Gmaps available to me at all times.... all 700 megs of it.

I got TapDefense yesterday and were totally hooked. Spent a good hour before bed, playing. :mrgreen:

For those of us with iPod touch's (jail broken) and a need to have maps when we have no wifi:

xGPS, get it via cydia and download the windows/mac app as well. Use the windows app to download a shitload of offline maps then send them to your ipod. You don't need the windows/mac app but downloading the maps via the ipod sucks by comparison.

I have the entire LA/ventura/San Diego area in 4 zoom levels of Gmaps available to me at all times.... all 700 megs of it.

I think that's the first app to make me truly jealous as a Windows Mobile user.

I was looking for just what you posted, except not for iPhone OS.

I was looking for just what you posted, except not for iPhone OS.

Same here, except I WAS looking for it for iPod. Therefore: thanks thedguy!

Flight Control is just 0.99 cent and it's bloody awesome.

Get it!

I have had 4 but after the new update it saves after every round so its not so bad.

Btw. Im at round 700 and I still have 1 live left :D. actually I just wanna die now :|

How is that even possible?!? :?

I made it to 149.

I have a picture :D
2gxigc6.png

Can you spot the trick? :D

I made to about lvl 750 and I still had 1 life left but then i updated the game and when I went in to the game again I could not resume it :(

Last edited:
What route do they take?

Wait a second. What the hell is that fire thing and bomb looking thing? I don't get those.

That's a similar strategy to what I use. I let them make a B line for my entrance because that way I can maximize my defenses to handle the fieldrunners and those pesky heli's.

Last edited:
Wolfenstein 3d is available for free if you are jailbroken or 5 bucks on the apps store.

What route do they take?

First they will take the lower route and when they get to the end i just place a tower for 5$ in front of them and then they have to turn around :)
So the only thing that can kill me is the ones that fly (;

Wait a second. What the hell is that fire thing and bomb looking thing? I don't get those.

Well they came with the last big update. Thats quite a wile since it came (;

Last edited:
Wolfenstein and especially Flight Control ROCK! (63 at Flightcontrol, then I had a call and everything went down the shitter :(()

^ My best with FlightControl is 32. :(

Has everybody in here upgraded to 2.2.1? After reading that it might have affected stability and batterylife I've just been waiting. Now that I've found several apps that requires 2.2.1 I'm very much tempted to upgrade and re-jailbreak.

got 90 on flight control :)

I didn't upgrade to 2.2.1 because yellowsnow won't work with it.

Upgraded last night. Everything seems to work fine.

Also, I finally bought Fieldrunners. Great game. :D

I made to about lvl 750 and I still had 1 life left but then i updated the game and when I went in to the game again I could not resume it :(

I feel like the biggest noob ever by only managing lvl 90 then... :<

Last edited:
Racing Live is quite good and it's free.

I really like Strategery. It's like a fast-paced Risk with customizable rules.

Recently got AirportMania. Great game. A bit like FlightControl but you control all the incoming/outcoming planes on the airport instead of a birds eye.

Got 110 on Flight Control and I want to get a new app. What should I get?