Random Thoughts....

Anyone ridden a Yamaha YBR in the rain? :driving::D

Yep, although I've taken it lightly every time so far. I did hear that the standard tires are really awful in the wet though.
And guess what? You're not allowed to fit any other brand and model of tires than the ones that come standard in Germany, wooo! :rolleyes:

The bloke I bought it from said he had good luck using winter tyres in hard-weather. I don't know if they're any better than standard, but they were pretty lairy in heavy rain. Still great fun, but taking corners is a lot scarier.

Why is it illegal to replace tyres? :think:
Could you get away with switching treads right after inspection and then refitting the old ones?

Why is it illegal to replace tyres? :think:
Could you get away with switching treads right after inspection and then refitting the old ones?

It's another of those regulations that in principle seem to have a good enough motivation behind them, but fall short in reality.
I think the argumentation behind it is that the match of tires and vehicle is much more critical for bikes than cars, so only tires that have been tested and proven to work for a certain bike are allowed. By default those are always the standard tires the bike comes with, but the manufacturers also release clearances for other tires for their models, which legally allow you to change to those tires (whether for performance reasons or because the original ones are discontinued etc).
Most popular bike models have a lot of avaible tire clearances, but the Ybbie doesn't - so you're stuck with the noname ones it comes with.

And you could try to change them after the MOT inspection, but if you're unlucky you might get into a traffic check, and if the policeman's anal enough he'll check the tires (the standard brand/model is in the papers), and then you're in deep trouble. Because that's regarded as an illegal modification and thus makes the whole bike illegal to operate on the road.

Or at least that's how I recall it, might be wrong in some details.

I had one of the most bizarrely satisfying moments in my life yesterday.

I told a self-proclaimed "born-again Christian" boy who was trying to perv me on PSN Home that I was a Lesbian.

One of my friends gets asked out so constantly by customers at her job and even boys she's tutoring that she just finds it easier to tell people she's a huge lesbo instead. Some of the times, it works.

Ahh the public service, trying to get people to agree what words mean...

Weather is getting a bit ugly here in the plains. Already missed most of Lost thanks to the stormgasm*.

*for the non-midwesterners, the stormgasm is when the weathermen decide they need to talk endlessly about the impending storm interrupting any programming necessary. It's pretty new (this past decade) and it is annoying.

One of my friends gets asked out so constantly by customers at her job and even boys she's tutoring that she just finds it easier to tell people she's a huge lesbo instead. Some of the times, it works.

Well, for me, I know it's only a half lie. ;)

Still gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside whenever I replay the moment in my mind.

Weather is getting a bit ugly here in the plains. Already missed most of Lost thanks to the stormgasm*.

*for the non-midwesterners, the stormgasm is when the weathermen decide they need to talk endlessly about the impending storm interrupting any programming necessary. It's pretty new (this past decade) and it is annoying.

Ha my buddy just missed Lost because our power went out.

I have a 5-page analysis of a Hemingway story due tomorrow, and I've just started writing it...but Lost was FREAKING AWESOME!

Anyways, this should go rather well... [/sarcasm]

I have two assignments left for this semester, gone fairly smoothly considering i'm working 30+ hours a week and going to uni full time :p

Still gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside whenever I replay the moment in my mind.

Sarcasm:

Jerry Falwell- "You are going to burn in HEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!"
/Jerry Falwell

:p

Last edited:
Ugh I hate to have to resort for a walkthrough for HL2 but I have noooo idea where the ammo is for the rocket launcher.. found it, in the stupid lighthouse! :mad:

you do know you now have the attention of all of the male members (haha pun) on this site for for EVAH?

My meeting with the Managing Director of Aus/NZ went rather well today:D

You met the MD of Australia and New Zealand?