Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Which Maser is this from?

26042009_007.jpg

^looks like a new one, and a V8
Quattroporte?

^^^^ Maserati Quattroporte S GT.

I would like to nominate the Nissan GT-R as the new Mid-life Crisis mobile. I've yet to see a single one at the track, same goes for many of my track frequenting friends (but OTOH have seen plenty of vette's, Ferrari's, and Porsche's). And so far I've only seen 1 young-ish guy driving one. By young I mean "still has some actual color to his hair."

nissan-gtr-wallpaper1.jpg

[youtube=44gexCvLNeQ]FNM-Midlife Crisis[/youtube]

Last edited:
As far as headlights are concerned, once you go to HID's, you can't go back. I tried driving or riding as a passenger with some people that have normal headlights and the difference is huge. I think their headlights are weak while they regard their beam as normal.

For the GTR: People don't want to void their warranty;).

^don't you guys have something like an MOT? My car failed it's last MOT because the left headlight was slightly off... I'm talking a couple of degrees...these guys don't screw around with anything

how you can drive around with "cross eyed headlights" for a long time is beyond me

We have no form of vehicle inspection in Wyoming, unless you've built the vehicle yourself, then the sheriff has to look it over and decide it's safe to drive. When you have a population that equates to 5.4 people per square mile vehicles aren't a huge concern to our government- in fact our county assesses my Mustang as worth $411, so it only costs me $27 and some change per year to register it.

No, they're still bad. Even with a factory alignment.

Fit a good set of E-code headlights and the difference is stunning. The DOT/NHTSA beam dispersal pattern is, frankly, shit, with a fuzzy cutoff.

Of course they're bad by today's standards, but honestly they're more than adequate, I took it out on a few back roads last night with no extra lights around and had no issues at all.

^^^^ Maserati Quattroporte S GT.

I would like to nominate the Nissan GT-R as the new Mid-life Crisis mobile. I've yet to see a single one at the track, same goes for many of my track frequenting friends (but OTOH have seen plenty of vette's, Ferrari's, and Porsche's). And so far I've only seen 1 young-ish guy driving one. By young I mean "still has some actual color to his hair."

nissan-gtr-wallpaper1.jpg

[youtube=44gexCvLNeQ]FNM-Midlife Crisis[/youtube]

I don't know if you follow One Lap of America or not, but there were one or two GT-R's taking part. One of which actually won overall.

I did more research into the Plymouth Prowler. Now I know why so few were made/bought.

It has a 12 gallon tank which the underpowered 3.5 V6 has to sip from. How the hell far could you get with that?

I would really need to have a big pile of money laying around to get one as my third or fourth car. Yet I still want one.. :think:

I did more research into the Plymouth Prowler. Now I know why so few were made/bought.

It has a 12 gallon tank which the underpowered 3.5 V6 has to sip from. How the hell far could you get with that?

I would really need to have a big pile of money laying around to get one as my third or fourth car. Yet I still want one.. :think:

Chrysler themselves knew the car should have a V8. Which is why they built this concept car:
http://img7.imageshack.**/img7/46/howler1.jpg

But they chose a V8 which had pretty much the same hp and ~50lb/ft more than the 250hp V6. Unfortunately, it seems like the weight of the V8 counteracted any performance gains they were hoping for. So even though it had that extra torque and a 5-speed manual instead of the 4-speed auto, the Howler was barely quicker than the standard 250hp Prowler.

I don't know if you follow One Lap of America or not, but there were one or two GT-R's taking part. One of which actually won overall.

Alright that still doesn't fix the fact that the rest of the owners don't drive the damn things.

I see GT-R's about as often as I see Z06's, except when I go to the track and I see plenty more of the latter.

Alright that still doesn't fix the fact that the rest of the owners don't drive the damn things.

I see GT-R's about as often as I see Z06's, except when I go to the track and I see plenty more of the latter.

I was just saying that there are at least TWO GT-R owners who decided to take their cars to the track. :p In Michigan, I've literally seen more Panoz Esperante's than GT-R's, so I don't have the opportunity to find out what the owners do with them.

I NEED a 13BT powered MX-5.

Screw turbos, go tri-rotar.

NA triple rotor miata would be LOVE... also HOLYFUCKINGSHITOHGODOHGOD fast... Frankly i think a miata would do just find with a 13B na never even mind the turbo

Lets dream...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8wAdvM9OaI[/YOUTUBE]

hey stevanford1 look what i found for you

[YOUTUBE]d9W7reXDxpg[/YOUTUBE]

It's funny, all this talk about Prowlers...I haven't seen one for at LEAST 5 years...not even parked...and this last week I've seen two. A silver one, and a black one.

I would like to nominate the Nissan GT-R as the new Mid-life Crisis mobile.

I think here it will soon become the weapon of choice for the 'Oakley Sunglasses Bluetooth Headset Brigade.'

So far, my only experience with a GTR driver is "Manager at a bank who got fired 2 months later when the bank was bought."

Wyotech car show on Saturday. I'll probably go, assuming the weather is decent and I wake up in time. My car made it into the calendar from the last show, so why not?

It's funny, all this talk about Prowlers...I haven't seen one for at LEAST 5 years...not even parked...and this last week I've seen two. A silver one, and a black one.

I saw one maybe 4 months ago in a parking lot, but before that I would have to agree and say its been probably 5 years since I saw one last.

It doesn't seem like the easiest car to live with, it should probably be your 3rd or 4th car in the stable.

question : why does sudden massive downpour cause people on highways to brake as hard as possible for NO GOOD REASON?

happened to me twice yesterday, had to put the pedal to the floor, ABS and ESP going crazy, just being able to stop in time, then the guy in front just leisurely sped up to 120 kph, then it started raining again, and the same happened

also, drove by 2 accidents that looked like dumbass moves to me... what is it with rain?