Anyone up for a road-trip to Italy?

Beni

Car(s)
too many
There's a meeting for Fiat X1/9s in northern Italy and I was planning to drive down there with a friend. Well, he just had to cancel and now I'm on my own. :(

The catch is, the trip would start on thursday next week (April the 30th), I know it would be quite spontaneous.

We would drive through the alps and make a stopover at our house there, then proceed to Rubiera near Modena on the next day. There we would meet up with the other people and visit Ferrari, Maserati, Bertone and other stuff (I'm not quite sure on that, but I'm checking back) during the 2 following days. We would sleep at a friends house.
After that we could decide what to do, beach, rome, alps, whatever! Time wise I'm flexible, maybe up until the next weekend (10th of May) or even longer.

The basic trip would cost us about 100? in petrol each, the overnight stays will be free for the first 4-5 days. The cost for the nights after that as well as the petrol for detours depends on ourselves.

Last not least, the car is old, noisy, it smells of oil and comfort wise it's no VW Golf. This is part of the adventrue ;) We could meet up in Frankfurt or I'd pick you up on my way south...

I know it's not really probable to find someone, but if anyone is crazy enought, please send me a message. :)

I'd come if i was in Germany.

20081023-DSC_0246-3.jpg

1878-PassoFedaia.jpg

passo-di-sella.jpg

ante03.jpg

ante02.jpg

I'd be on your way south, but I got exams... Staatsexamen actually...

Well, everything is allright, I've found someone. A friend of mine has time to join me...

I would be down. My fiancee lives in Italy and I would love to see her! But if I go I am not returning

^ Well, thats only a small part of it... We also cook them dinner and watch romantic movies...

Well, the trip did really happen, we drove about 2800 kms down to Firenze and back. We used the X1/9 of the friend who drove with me, it's certainly not easy on the eye, not my style for sure and one might also consider the c word, but he put a Uno Turbo engine in it and I was very surprized, not only by the power but also by the driveability and durability. Plus it used less than 8 litres of fuel on the motorway.

Anyways...on our way through the snowy dolomites about 2000 m high:

k20090430-DSC_0004.jpg

Towards Monte Pelmo at sunset:

k20090430-DSC_0016.jpg

At our house, 1st stop:

k20090501-DSC_0019.jpg

The car meeting in Rubiera near Modena, Fulvia Sport Zagatos:

k20090501-DSC_0066.jpg

Fulvia:

k20090501-DSC_0076.jpg

Next stop-over, Firenze, everything fitted in the car quite easily, we didn't even need the rear rack (we had the stupid spoiler instead ;)):

k20090503-DSC_0100.jpg

View from the campground:

k20090502-DSC_0080.jpg

The cathedral Santa Maria del Fiore:

k20090502-DSC_0086.jpg

On our way back in the Dolomites again, light snowfall this time:

k20090504-DSC_0116.jpg

k20090504-DSC_0110.jpg

k20090504-DSC_0130.jpg

All in all a great trip, and despite the hard suspension and sport seats it seemed a lot shorter than it actually was, km wise. I definately need to see more of Italy this summer.

Last edited:
? Of this particular car or just in general?

I don't have a picture of the engine bay, I'll make one next time I'm around!

Allright! Here are some pics of the meeting, not by me.

Last edited: