The Man Thread

This thread is slowly taking a turn for the awesome...nothing wrong with that, but this is the man thread. And I have just thought of another manly thing.

Cigars.

Not cigarettes/smokes or those small tiny wannabe-cigars. I'm talking about real, hefty, bigass cigars. Women can smoke for all I care, drink beer...that's fine too. But cigars are for men. There is no way a woman can look good with a cigar, it's just not right. Furthermore cigars are for men, not everyday joes. I myself don't smoke cigarettes but I do enjoy a nice cigar, preferrably with a glass of whiskey.

Cigarettes are for artists and yuppies, weed is for hippies, but cigars - it's what men smoke.

istock_000006172785xsmall.jpg

arnold_cigar.jpg

duke_nukem.jpg

Another thing I find a men-only is watches. Women love jewelry, that's a fact of life. However I have never seen any women impressed, excited or in anyway shown a reaction towards a fine watch. Necklaces, bracelets, rings, earrings...you name it...but wrist watches ? Never. I can't explain it, but there is something very manly in a good, expensive quality watch.

And the best thing is that there is something for everyone. Of course you have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for e decent watch, a reason why I don't have one, because in my crrent job it would get broken. Still my personal favorite, for no particular reason is Breitling. Already the name sounds cool.."Breitling"...Rolex is a bit too bling and old fashioned, for men with a pipe and a beard and Tag Heuer I find too hand in hand with F1, so that's a huge nono. My father prefers Raymond Weil and the thinks Breitling is a bit too posh. But that's fine...I don't dislike any good watch. Some just aren't for me.

Watch is the accessory for a man.

RaymondWeilCuoreCaldoChrono_LRG.jpg

breitling-navitimer-montbrillant.jpg

rolex_everose_daytona.jpg

Last edited:
My wristwatch was made in the Soviet Union, and it's easily the most reliable thing I've ever owned. Weighs a ton too, so it doubles up as a offensive weapon.

My wristwatch was made in the Soviet Union, and it's easily the most reliable thing I've ever owned. Weighs a ton too, so it doubles up as a offensive weapon.

It also doubles the manliness.

Never has a bow tie been more manly.

James_Bond_11_18TS7Z.jpg

Never has a bow tie been more manly.

James_Bond_11_18TS7Z.jpg

I don't care how big the gun is....I will never percieve a blue eyed blond haired nancyboy in a bowtie manly....ever.

I don't care how big the gun is....I will never percieve a blue eyed blond haired nancyboy in a bowtie manly....ever.

Exactly. I still maintain that Clive Owen should have been the new James Bond.

Why, I hear you ask ? This:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRfjW1cj2E0[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifa1f5fFHhs[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Watch is the accessory for a man.

I am going to ask the wife to buy me a silver wind up pocket watch for Christmas, with the chain. Fits my character. I also smoke a pipe. :D

Also, a good cigar with a glass of port wine is DAMN good.

Nancy boy? Didn't he kill 2 people in the first 5 minutes as James Bond, one of them with his bare hands in a bathroom? Didn't he bust into a construction site with a bulldozer, run through a wall, fight a dude on top of a crane, assault and escape an embassy by himself, play poker after being poisoned and going into cardiac arrest, take having his balls literally beaten like a champ while making jokes, and shoot a guy in the eye with a nail gun? All in his first movie and being classy the whole way through.

I'm sorry, but that's manly, blue eyes or not.

But Clive Owen is also extremely manly, and his driving for BMW proves it.

Nancy boy? Didn't he kill 2 people in the first 5 minutes as James Bond, one of them with his bare hands in a bathroom? Didn't he bust into a construction site with a bulldozer, run through a wall, fight a dude on top of a crane, assault and escape an embassy by himself, play poker after being poisoned and going into cardiac arrest, take having his balls literally beaten like a champ while making jokes, and shoot a guy in the eye with a nail gun? All in his first movie and being classy the whole way through.

I'm sorry, but that's manly, blue eyes or not.

But Clive Owen is also extremely manly, and his driving for BMW proves it.

I hate to break this to you but euhrmm..... movies are like santa clause, not realy real :p.....so daniel Craigh dind't do any of that stuff, sure it looked good and offcourse most manly 'cool' stuff that exist in our culture is heavily used in movies so I definetly see your point.

But in real life? what you have left is a Nancyboy in a bowtie....that part IS real :mrgreen:

^He is going to be one of the best Bonds, but I have to admit the interviews I have seen with him were disappointing to say the least.

So yesterday I did a little sailing with a friend before he sells his Hobie cat :cry: I was out on the water nearly all day and ate nothing but protein bars and beef jerky for most of the day with a nice hunk of fish for dinner. I tell you what I must have been in the bathroom for twenty minutes, I have no clue how the gays do it? Musta been at least 4 Courics :wink:

Which would be the most manly movie experience possible would be an IMAX feature called "Roland Emmerich destroys the cities of the world" - a standard, made-for-IMAX, 30 minute short, having no plot at all but is just Emmerich doing what he does best: Blowing up stuff. See the White House, the Eiffel Tower, the Pyramids Of Gizeh, Sydney Opera, The Houses Of Parliament and much more be blown to smithereens by aliens/a meteor/the next ice age/a major earthquake/idontcare, all in glorious IMAX format.

^He is going to be one of the best Bonds, but I have to admit the interviews I have seen with him were disappointing to say the least.

So yesterday I did a little sailing with a friend before he sells his Hobie cat :cry: I was out on the water nearly all day and ate nothing but protein bars and beef jerky for most of the day with a nice hunk of fish for dinner. I tell you what I must have been in the bathroom for twenty minutes, I have no clue how the gays do it? Musta been at least 4 Courics :wink:

you know that last bit? thats a really big TMI! :blink:

casablanca2.jpg

Bogey and...
sjff_01_img0347.jpg

...Mitchum.

I hate to break this to you but euhrmm..... movies are like santa clause, not realy real :p.....so daniel Craigh dind't do any of that stuff, sure it looked good and offcourse most manly 'cool' stuff that exist in our culture is heavily used in movies so I definetly see your point.

But in real life? what you have left is a Nancyboy in a bowtie....that part IS real :mrgreen:

Oh, Daniel Craig as Daniel Craig is nothing I care about. I thought the issue was of Daniel Craig as James Bond.

And in that case, I'd have to say the only real manly Bond is Sean Connery.

http://img23.imageshack.**/img23/8982/042709v59swimspread15.jpg

Yeah, I'd definitely say this belongs in here.

:wub: