First car....

WirelessMonkey

Car(s)
MK1 Golf Driver
2009 Renault Clio GT, 1.6 130bhp.

I've gotta share it with my mum when i turn 17 but i don't care.
Pick it up on Tuesday :)

IMG_0264.jpg
IMG_0263.jpg

Not really an ideal first car imo, but it's really nice. Then again, due to insurance anal raping, you brits have no real possibility to buy an ideal first car, which is a shame.

Treat it well and don't trash it, should be alright.

From someone who has actually HAD cars for more than a handful of days (unlike certain "internet expert" posters in this thread)...I think it's a great car. You can have a lot of fun with it.

Steve

Be careful with that one. Those Clio's are very fast for their size, you can easily get caught up in the speed and get a ticket.

I hate being poor. Great car - just don't be a retard and drive like one.

It's like getting a Clio Williams, only heavier. ;)

Congrats!

It's like getting a Clio Williams, only heavier. ;)

Congrats!

If only i could get insured on a Williams clio. om nom nom nom etc.

It was either this or a low milage 2 year old fiesta zetec s in day-glow yellow and a checkerboard roof. Call me crazy but i loved it, my mum, did not.

This is insurance group 7, so high, but insurable. Anyway 1.6 and 130hp is easily enough for me to get around.

I won't thrash it, I'm so grateful my mum allowed me to share a brand new clio with her i will look after it. And i will look after my license too, so i will be carefull with the speed :)

Congratz on the car! I really like it, just be smart with it on the roads :)

Care to share some interior shots I would love to see them!

Will do when i get the car. The GT Interior is nice, the seats hug you quite nicely.

Good to hear! The seats in my ST170 are amazing seats really do make a difference since my drivers ed car was just awful. Renault's are quite safe aren't they in Europe?

:thumbsup:

Great car! I'm envious! ;) It looks fantastic, and I'm sure it drives just as well. Enjoy it thoroughly.

The Clio has a 5 star euro N-cap rating so it's safe. I'm a massive fast ford fan (Cars like the ST170, Fiesta Zetec S/ST) so i was surprised how much i liked this car. I have to say i prefer the way ford make there cars look a bit more sporty, but this car still looks great, and its interior is by far the best. Another issue i had is I'm 16, and 6ft 4 with size 11/12 shoes. So finding a car that i can fit in is a problem :p I've driven the previous clio to this, and i had my knees round my head, it was like driving a coffin. But with this i have plenty of leg room (with the seat all the way back :p) and the foot well has room for my feet and as bonus a space to rest my foot off the clutch, something the fiesta doesn't have.

From someone who has actually HAD cars for more than a handful of days (unlike certain "internet expert" posters in this thread)...I think it's a great car. You can have a lot of fun with it.

Steve

Oh for fucks sake.. It's just an opinion. Yes it's a great car, I just don't think it's an ideal FIRST car.<_<

Oh for fucks sake.. It's just an opinion. Yes it's a great car, I just don't think it's an ideal FIRST car.<_<

Well what would be then? :rolleyes:

Nice Renault. I thing it's great for a first car, small and nimble and very, very safe.

I can't really tell you own an awesome sierra. :p

Anyway, you should be able to have a blast in that. Small, fwd, enough power to boot. I'm assuming IRS.

Just out of interest, what would you pick for a first car? Is it the fact it's a 1.6 engine (insurance rape) or something else that makes it unsuitable? And i welcome all opinions :)

Hmmm I know it needs RWD :rolleyes: :p

I really like the front end a lot after looking at it a bit closer the designers knew what they were doing haven't really seen pictures of the new Clio, but I like it shame we don't have Renaults here :p

Last edited: