Awesome Thread

Except then he put in all those green lasers...

Plus all the computer programs have too good-looking graphics

lebowski_omgvariant.jpg

Walter: I told those fucks down at the league office a thousand times that I don't roll on Shabbos!
Donny: What's Shabbos?
Walter: Saturday, Donny, is Shabbos, the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't fucking ride in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as shit don't fucking roll! Shomer shabbos!
The Dude: Walter...
Walter: Shomer fucking shabbos.
The Dude: Oh fuck it. I'm out of here.
Walter: Dude, come on...

http://www.tstout.com/

I don't care that this is ComGen, it still is awesome.

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2009/05/22/1_2.jpg

3555407702_41818045c3.jpg

It was actually a replication of the Kalinin K-7

https://pic.armedcats.net/m/ma/magnet/2009/05/22/kalinin_k7-4.jpg

This thread can not be complete without the legend that is

Sir Ranulph Fiennes

15th_RanulphFiennes01.jpg

Charlie-Burton-and-Ranulph-Fiennes-at-N.-Pole,-Easter-Day-040309.jpg

Some of his achievements:

A former member of the SAS and awarded the Sultan's Bravery Medal.

Transglobe (the first surface journey around the world's polar axis) 1979/1982, during which Ranulph Fiennes and Charles Burton became the first people ever to reach both poles by surface travel.

North Polar Unsupported Expedition (furthest north unsupported record)

Co-leader of the Ubar Expedition (which in 1991 discovered Ptolemy's long-lost Atlantis of the Sands, the frankincense centre of the world).

Leader of the Pentland South Pole Expedition (which achieved the first unsupported crossing of the Antarctic Continent and the longest unsupported polar journey in history) 1992/1993.

He is acknowledged in the Guinness Book of Records as the worlds greatest living explorer.

Sir Ranulph's expeditions have raised over ?4.2 million for the Multiple Sclerosis Society, (which has enabled the building of Europe's first MS research centre in Cambridge) and ?1.9 million for Breakthrough Breast Cancer.

After suffering a heart attack and having a double bypass operation. Just four months after, he completed 7 marathons, in 7 days, in 7 different continents

He cut his own frostbitten fingers off in his own shed with an electric saw

...And just a few days ago at the age of 65, he has conquered Mount Everest.

Ran+fiennes+in+the+snow.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen.

/thread.

^ I think he very much deserves to be in the Man Thread as well. :)
One of my favourite SIARPC guests on Top Gear ... in the world.

^ I think he very much deserves to be in the Man Thread as well. :)
One of my favourite SIARPC guests on Top Gear ... in the world.

Sir Ranulph Fiennes is my goddamn hero, the man is unstoppable.

Wiki Ranulph Fiennes Biography

In case you were not aware then, a recent BBC documentary series may be of interest. :)
Wiki said:
In late 2008/early 2009 Fiennes took part in a new BBC program called

Top Dogs: Adventures in War, Sea and Ice.

The program sees Fiennes unite with fellow British legends John Simpson, the BBC World Affairs Editor, and Sir Robin Knox-Johnston, the round-the-world yachtsman. The team go on three trips, each experiencing each others adventure field. The first episode, aired on 27th March 2009, saw Fiennes, Simpson and Knox-Johnston go on a potentially very dangerous news-gathering trip to Afghanistan. The team reported from the legendary Khyber Pass and infamous Tora Bora mountain complex. The three also undertake a voyage around Cape Horn and an expedition hauling sledges across the deep-frozen Frobisher Bay in the far north of Canada

If Ranulph is in so is Steve. . .

steve_fossett_07.jpg

First solo circumnavigation of the globe by balloon and plane, as well as first solo balloon crossing of the Pacific. Fastest circumnavigation, Pacific, and Atlantic crossing by sail. Competed at Le Mans twice and the Paris-Dakar.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUCbflBkIgo&feature=related[/youtube]