Wow, Pointless

I like spoilers. Don't know why, they just seem to improve the look on almost any car, if done right. This was pulled off a junkyard Miata and I think it looks pretty good.

https://pic.armedcats.net/t/th/thevictor390/2008/09/24/PIC-0019.jpg

Now that said, I only bothered because I like to think I have a semi-decent-looking car to begin with. It just looks rediculous/hilarious when you see a riced 1985 Accord with rims worth more than the rest of the car.

I like spoilers as well they break up the silhouette nicely sometimes but they need to be done right, some cars just don't look good with them and a GT spoiler on a non GT car is just idiotic.

I once saw an old pick up, the guy had the body paint bright orange. And he painted his front brake calipers. Amd his rear drum brakes. Unbelievably hideous.

It seems most people who buy a car will put on some generic chrome wheels, give the stereo some more oomf, and be done with it. Or as I go driving, I see tons of Jettas and Yaris' with wheels; always black with a polished lip.

Some people just have different priorities from me, I suppose.

yes. i think the painted brake drums are just funny. i did see one guy that painted his front calipers red and only painted partof his drums so they looked like calipers. i asked him why and if he thought it looked good and he said he did it because he could not afford the upgrade and he feels that this terrible idea will motivate him to save the money to get the real thing down the road. very funny. i shook his hand!

I like spoilers. Don't know why, they just seem to improve the look on almost any car, if done right. This was pulled off a junkyard Miata and I think it looks pretty good.

Now that said, I only bothered because I like to think I have a semi-decent-looking car to begin with. It just looks rediculous/hilarious when you see a riced 1985 Accord with rims worth more than the rest of the car.

Oh the poor Miata's gonna go wankel-rotary in its grave after it finds out where its spoiler has gone.. :cry:

Mind you I've mocked "riced" cars countless times over the years, but then going to the track and seeing things like this...

http://img20.imageshack.**/img20/923/img5073u.jpg

Normally I'd mock the thing to hell and back if I saw it on the street. But now when I see cars with honkin wings or carbon fiber hoods I try not to comment.

'Course I still laugh at chrome 20" wheels. :cool:

Oh the poor Miata's gonna go wankel-rotary in its grave after it finds out where its spoiler has gone.. :cry:

Too bad it was in a grave and my car isn't :)

And I agree that there is a big difference between a track tuned car with a bodykit and a 90s genericar with a bodykit, huge rims, and no performance modifications whatsoever. Bonus points for a muffler that makes your I4 sound like... well... an I4 with a rediculously loud muffler on it.

Mind you I've mocked "riced" cars countless times over the years, but then going to the track and seeing things like this...

Normally I'd mock the thing to hell and back if I saw it on the street. But now when I see cars with honkin wings or carbon fiber hoods I try not to comment.

I'm not 100% on this but isn't it an FWD? Also how fast was he taking this course? I just have a hard time believing that this rear downforce is doing anything for him.

One if you have never seen someones heart tear in two watch a guy who takes his Scion on the racetrack for the first time. Understeer can not be solved by a big plastic wing; no matter how high it is, or how high you are when you put it on.

But one thing is you can have a sense of humor about it or put on a "post ironic wing" also i am a big fan of common minivans with spinning rims.

One if you have never seen someones heart tear in two watch a guy who takes his Scion on the racetrack for the first time. Understeer can not be solved by a big plastic wing; no matter how high it is, or how high you are when you put it on.

But one thing is you can have a sense of humor about it or put on a "post ironic wing" also i am a big fan of common minivans with spinning rims.

On an army base, its not uncommon to see an M-1 abrams tank sitting at a stop sign waiting its turn to go, i have always thought that was just funny as hell. it has to be kinda like when a kid shows up with a scion he has been working on for months with a huge wing and NOS and rims and the cheapest Z rated tires he could afford ready to take on anything only to be passed and flashed by the guy in the turbo Beetle!

I'm not 100% on this but isn't it an FWD? Also how fast was he taking this course? I just have a hard time believing that this rear downforce is doing anything for him.

well, now, im going against all my morals defending this ricer! if there is a long strait or a high speed turn, then it would help keep the car from getting loose. it takes alot of speed

well, now, im going against all my morals defending this ricer! if there is a long strait or a high speed turn, then it would help keep the car from getting loose. it takes alot of speed

Well yes but in this particular picture it looks more like an AutoX event. Not to mention you would need to balance your downforce and in his case the car would be almost lifting the front.

And this is why we can't have nice things, like tasteful unmodded Integras in good shape.

im also going to add that a ricer by my definition, is someone who takes, for example, a honda civic, does nothing to the motor but adds NOS, puts on a huge coffee can at the back for looks and adds things like huge wings and a $300 set of 15" wheels and tires and then thinks he is the fastest thing on the street. this guy, at a track day, is not a "ricer" and maybe more of a "Gear Head" and i dont have anything against that no matter what he/she is driving. as i tell anyone who wants to street race or drag race i say to meet me at a track day.

FWD, and the car had no splitter. But it was stripped out, roll bar, carbon fiber hood, spoiler... and honestly don't remember the engine. Though it had a turbo, as you can tell by the honkin' intercooler.

Anyhow, the owner had brought his friend along to drive the car as well. Complete novice. He took a couple runs with one of the main autocross club members who taught him how to take corners and the like for a couple laps. And then he was on his own.

And his top lap was 2 seconds ahead of mine. <_<

And to make another point...

http://img196.imageshack.**/img196/2513/civicy.jpg

One of the absolute UGLIEST Civic hatches I have ever seen. Entirely bronze, even the cheap ricer wheels. With the body kit and the wing, it looks like one very large doorstop.

But he also makes 360 HP.

More money than taste.

Last edited:
^360 to the front wheels? Talk about pointless..... Never did understand the point of getting such a cheap crappy car and putting huge money into upgrades. It would have cost him about the same/less to get a used STi or a 350z...

Last edited:
^360 to the front wheels? Talk about pointless..... Never did understand the point of getting such a cheap crappy car and putting huge money into upgrades. It would have cost him about the same/less to get a used STi or a 350z...

Dude, i have been telling people that for years. if your gonna spend $15000 for your 10year old civic (cuz they ALL overpay for their cars) and put $7000 into it, why not just by a corolla S! :D. i guess its just fun to buy a huge pointless body kit and paint it puke brown, stick a spoiler on it and a bottle of NOS and go blow the motor the first night.

^hehe. Well in SOME cases it makes sense. I'm friends with a bunch of drifters and they all prefer to get a 240sx and spend money on all the upgrades. At least in their case there is a good reason, it's pretty much the only cheap RWD platform with huge aftermarket support and cheap enough parts so that it is easy/cheap to rebuild after inevitable run in with a wall or going off the course.