2009 Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix

Did the race start early? I started my recording at 9.50pm, 10 mins before race start, yet i started about 4 laps in?

Figured out, probably my stupid tuner, I set it for 2 hours and 20 mins and theres only 2 hours on there

Last edited:
Well today proved that not only does Nelsinho suck (yeah, his DNF wasn't his own fault, I know, but we knew he sucked from before), but that he is the most arrogant driver in the field. Really really pathetic.

Shut it already, everything for you is about Ferrari. Lewis was on like 5% or even less of the covereage and you still manage to comment on his performance. U liked Massa moment with Vettel, fine but dont talk about McLarens anymore.

lol you idiot. not everything is about Ferrari, just a few weeks ago I was making extremely bad comments about Ferrari and their poor start of the season.

As for McLaren, I cheered on Sat for Kovalainen's fine Q2 quali result. The only problem I have with mclaren is hamilton, not so much with the team itself. And the reason why I commented on his performance is because someone raised the question of how hamilton was performing in the race.

Well today proved that not only does Nelsinho suck (yeah, his DNF wasn't his own fault, I know, but we knew he sucked from before), but that he is the most arrogant driver in the field. Really really pathetic.

I agree.. the comment he made about Buemi was quite weak and unprofessional. I understand he is angry that Buemi took him out like that, but still... not very good sportsmanship to talk about another driver like that.

Last edited:
lol you idiot. not everything is about Ferrari, just a few weeks ago I was making extremely bad comments about Ferrari and their poor start of the season.

As for McLaren, I cheered on Sat for Kovalainen's fine Q2 quali result. The only problem I have with mclaren is hamilton, not so much with the team itself. And the reason why I commented on his performance is because someone raised the question of how hamilton was performing in the race.

I dont care what you say about Ferrari, the fact is you talk about them all the time, good or bad. U like them so much you developed hatred for Hamilton. U cant even comment on Hamilton's race as you didnt see it. Nobody did, he was on air 10min in the first laps, thats it.

Last edited:
I really suggest you edit your post, madcows ignorant trolling is not worth having yourself banned for insulting a forum member.

Cow, i seem to remember your critisism something more along the lines of "Wahhh, Ferrari is doing badly, whats the post of even watching?".

For the Aussies and anyone else that didn't get to see Button's victory run down pit lane:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtEgQNGceNg[/youtube]

^Cheers mate.

Well done to Button. He really did manage those rear tyres really well and thats what won him the race. Barichello would have been dissapointed but also very pleased with his second place. Kimi would have been hot on his rear if it werent for a bad Ferrari pit stop where I am not sure what happened.

All in all a good race. Beumi is a n00b but that is expected and at least he took out another crappy driver with him. Kovi shouldnt of been pushing as hard as he was I dont think or he would of had a solid result.

The overtaking attempts by Massa were epic and the pass on Vettel by Rosberg was balls out fantastic. I am sure though that Vettel hit the wall when he was skating on ice but I have not seen the race again yet so I am not sure.

Last thoughts.

Welcome back Ferrari and especially Kimi who I think cracked a smile on the podium :O Also why do Williams again and again fail in the races. Things look so good before the race and fall into nothing in races. Also no one really has said anyhthing about the fantastic effort by Fisico and FI and their brilliant 9th position.

N00b of the round goes to Xeon again for his comments. Id love to share an Australian saying but alas I can not.

I really like Jenson's spirit. Kimi is a character and all, but I get tired of seeing his completely expressionless face and that monotone when he speaks. I think Alonso, Trulli and Button bring the most enthusiasm on race day. Massa brings the drama :lol:

Can't wait for Spa!!

Also, I'm betting Mclaren wish they had Vettle behind the wheel instead of Kov...that guy just doesn't seem anything better than average while Vettle is showing, despite this race, some real promise.

Last edited:
thanks for the video, I didn't catch that. It was a good race, but boring in general. Piquet is just.. urgh. He's only been in F1 for how many years? And he complains about Buemi the 'rookie'

pity about vettel, though. He was slow so tried to push the car and that just got him into the wall. Meh, more experience will solve that

Cow, i seem to remember your critisism something more along the lines of "Wahhh, Ferrari is doing badly, whats the post of even watching?".

Wasn't that Cellos ? Anyways great result for the Brawns (again) and a great result for my beloved Ferrari (woohoo). ATM they are probably the third fastest team in F1 behind Brawn and RBR.

i know Button's good and way overdue but damn man, 5 out of 6? and it wasn't really even a fight.

was good to see Ferrari at the top end at least. shame that Kimmi lost out on the start and Massa got stuck behind Vettel 'cause they both showed they had the pace during the race. in retrospect, perhaps Ferrari should've gone w/ the super softs in the beginning to get past the Brawns and do what they did to them in the latter parts.

and Kimmi is a bit weird but then again, i think that's what's missing in F1 these days. everyone seems like a sponsor's spokesman. clean, well spoken, uncontroversial, etc. need a bit more pazzaz; a bit more mental ppl. just look at MotoGP. the only ppl in F1 that comes close is Kimmi and Alonso IMHO.

anyway, congrats to Brawn and welcome back to Ferrari. hope the next race is a bit more interesting.

I believe that you are referring to some other members on this forum, I don't recall ever saying anything like that, since I choose to follow F1 closely regardless of the championship leader.

Why would I stop watching the 09 season if I have been supporting Button since the early 2000s?

Anyway... right now I'm kind of curious on how Nakajima lost it altogether in the last lap.

Driver error?? or a genuinely mechanical failure?

Last edited:
From the way he looked when the camera panned to him, to looked like genuine driver error. I guess Monaco is tough like that - one slip and you're out.

Watching Monaco gives you the chills each time they go to drivers cam. Good race and nice to see Ferrari's come back. I wonder how Jeremy Clarkson will respond to a British F1 world champion this year. Button was on Top Gear a couple years back and it would be cool to see a followup of that.

Also, I'm betting Mclaren wish they had Vettle behind the wheel instead of Kov...that guy just doesn't seem anything better than average while Vettle is showing, despite this race, some real promise.

But they both crashed out.

Im betting almost every team wish they had Vettel. He just showed that he still needs a bit more experience in racing this GP but he is still a good prospect.

Am I the only one who noticed how terrible the camera-person was in the post-race podium interview?

From the way he looked when the camera panned to him, to looked like genuine driver error. I guess Monaco is tough like that - one slip and you're out.

Almost a Carbon Copy of Hamilton in qualifying.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who noticed how terrible the camera-person was in the post-race podium interview?

you mean the press conference ?

didn't notice anything weird from the cameraman..

you mean the press conference ?

didn't notice anything weird from the cameraman..

Yes. Watch it again ;)

He kept zooming in and when it was on Button it kept moving up and down and on Kimi he was zooming swaying and all over the place.

That was a good race, lots of crazy stuff. Shame to see Toyota and BMW so far down especially since Toyota was doing well prior to Monaco. I couldn't believe Force India made it out of Q1 and almost in the points!

Good for Button and after today's race I could see why a lot of people disliked Schumi lol. I don't have anything against Button but if you could imagine most races being won by the same person for years I could see why it could get old for a lot of people quickly.

Another good job by Rubens. To me it seems as if there is an obvious team order there especially in Spain when all of a sudden he was switched to a 3 stop strategy and 3 stops just doesn't work in Spain. Supposedly he's been quoted saying if he were to get the idea that Brawn was playing favorites that he would pack his bags and be on his way to Brazil.

Nice to see a Ferrari back on podium allbeit number 3. Was hoping to see more of Massa but I'm glad he didn't crash into Rosberg when he made that wild pass on him in the beginning of the race.

Bad luck for Kovi and Lewis this week as I figured at least Lewis would be starting near the top if it wasn't for the Quali screw up. At the start of the race it looked like he was going to make a strong comeback but the option tire really screwed him up. It is always interesting to see him start from the back as he is amazing at overtaking. Not sure what is up with Kovi as he is normally okay. Before this year he has always made it into Q3 but this year has been a roller coaster for him mostly just downhill.

Nice to see Williams transferring over some of there pace from Practice to Quali and the race a bit. Really shame to see Kaz ruin the car with 1 damn lap left.

Last edited:
Bad luck for Kovi and Lewis this week as I figured at least Lewis would be starting near the top if it wasn't for the Quali screw up. At the start of the race it looked like he was going to make a strong comeback but the option tire really screwed him up. It is always interesting to see him start from the back as he is amazing at overtaking. Not sure what is up with Kovi as he is normally okay. Before this year he has always made it into Q3 but this year has been a roller coaster for him mostly just downhill.

I think it just shows the massive difference between Kovi and Hamilton. Kovi isnt massively fast but the cars at every team always seem to favour one driver over the other except for a few like Ferrari and others over the year. It also shows the difference in driving styles really. Hamilton is much like Kimi really both smooth and clean and dont make many mistakes. Whil Kovi seems to just be consitent like Button but just seems to be missing something.

I hope he gets another year to show how good he can be.

I'd like to see the actual accident between Piquet and Buemi. The footage I've seen started only when Buemi was already stuck up Piquet's ass and both swerved off track. Can someone please point me to more revealing footage or tell me what happened?