Lens Flair

IMG_5689.jpg

The wonderfully dreary skyline over southern Rotherham. Any good? (The photo - not the houses - they're crap).
otj97l.jpg

:lol:

How do you think someone like me feels then?

I always say to others that this forum has been my best teacher. That, and repetition.

-BCS was the reason I bought a DSLR.
-Alok reminds me to make sure everything is in alignment.
-I study, and I mean study Cosworth's pictures of people.
-IceBone keeps my head out of the clouds and firmly planted in the id.
-Epp_b reminds me that you can turn the ordinary into extraordinary.
-Francis shows me that the world is beautiful and amazing.

And that is just off the top of my head. Every photo that is in this thread I look at long and hard, to learn something from it, and apply it to what I do.

Duh jay, you forgot the most important thing! Live in quaint European towns with frequent F1/Rallying/Festivals/Concerts/Lingerie Parties/Great wilderness/Awesome Cityscapes/European Womenz.

Edit: This was going to be my submission for the May contest, but I shot something I liked more so now I can put it here!
https://pic.armedcats.net/d/du/duckfucksviper/2009/05/31/Starred_Photos12.jpg

Last edited:
I need to step up my photo game, since I didn't make Jayhawk's list...:(

Holy god damn. I just realised that my photos folder is 25 gigs... and my camera is only a wee 6.0 megapixels. o_O (albeit, there are a few videos with the massive default 1700 or so kbps compression, but it's mostly photos). I can't imagine how much disk space you boys with the huge resolution cameras take up.

Anyways, since I'm here...

https://pic.armedcats.net/r/ra/ramseus/2009/06/01/IMG_1589.jpg

Holy god damn. I just realised that my photos folder is 25 gigs... and my camera is only a wee 6.0 megapixels. o_O (albeit, there are a few videos with the massive default 1700 or so kbps compression, but it's mostly photos). I can't imagine how much disk space you boys with the huge resolution cameras take up.

Imagine how much it adds up to when you shoot in RAW... they're usually 7-8 MB per shot.

20812 files, 140 gigs, first shots are from september of 2005. Pretty much only raw images, megapixel count has varied between 3, 4, 6 and 10 :p

full