1969 Mustang Coupe

Looking good.

What do you mean by, no it's not a Holley. IMO Edelbrocks are a lot better than holley. The Holley's tend to be a bin inefficent and dump a lot of fuel into the system when unnessicery. Even when tuned properly.

Looking good.

What do you mean by, no it's not a Holley. IMO Edelbrocks are a lot better than holley. The Holley's tend to be a bin inefficent and dump a lot of fuel into the system when unnessicery. Even when tuned properly.

Just wait till one of the crazed Holley fans shows up. They'll tell you. :lol:

Ahhhhhhhhh holley FTW!!!!!!

Haha I do have a new holley but I don't have experience with either. I hope to know soon :D

And i'm liking the way the details are making it look. Looking good :thumbsup: I may just have to keep the Ivy gold myself.

Today I installed a new gas tank and fuel sender. The old one was well, old- which meant there was sediment in the tank, in addition to the old fuel sender filter falling off so the fuel pump was essentially pulling in whatever came close to the intake.

Drained the old tank; note for people who may drain a fuel tank in the future: find a hose that fits snugly over the drain opening to create a good seal instead of a leaky old garden hose like I tried first, I had a bath in premium. Only had one bolt give me trouble, but a stripped screw remover made short work of it. Cleaned up the corrosion and old seam filler, apply fresh seam filler, set the new tank in and hook everything back up. No leaks, no problem.

https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/07/07/notank.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/07/07/oldtank.jpg
https://pic.armedcats.net/n/na/nabster/2009/07/07/newtank.jpg

And here's something I forgot in the last update. I installed LED sequential taillights. They're not the highest quality, but they're at least 3 times brighter than the stock single bulb that was there. Here's a quick video with two brake applications, then activating each signal. I'm annoyed at my crappy camera's video constantly trying to autofocus after setting it to not adjust the focus.

[YOUTUBE]ETmGj6K1V9g[/YOUTUBE]

Those blinkers are cool. Very nice ride!

I like the turn signals. It's pretty neat!

did you coat the inside of your new tank with anything before installing it or leave it bare metal? because I took out my old tank recently as well, and I had a similar experience as you did, and Id really really like not to have to deal with gas tank nastiness ever again.

my old tank was seriously bad too. as in, one day I walked in the garage, smelled gas, looked under the back of the car, and had an OH SHIT moment bad. it was totally rusted through.

It was a new tank so it didn't need any coating or anything. I didn't spring for the full stainless steel one, since they aren't really necessary, but this one will last another 30-40 years easy. It's a really simple change, especially if you have a good work area. I recommend one of the full kits that comes with a new tank, sender, filler hose and all the rings and gaskets you need.

Those signals are very neat indeed! Diggin' that retrofitted style.

Where did you get your new tank from?

Mustangs Unlimited. Fantastic experiences from them. In fact when I ordered a new battery tray from them it was in my hands less than 24 hours later, from Connecticut, with only the normal shipping charge. Of course, I've spent probably $7000 with them over the last 4 years or so.

Mustangs Unlimited. Fantastic experiences from them. In fact when I ordered a new battery tray from them it was in my hands less than 24 hours later, from Connecticut, with only the normal shipping charge. Of course, I've spent probably $7000 with them over the last 4 years or so.

I just bought a few things from them yesterday. I was gonna go with Dallas Mustang since they're local but they royally pissed me off yesterday. I just needed a PCV valve, firewall ground, and an engine gauge wiring harness. It would have all fit in a manilla envelope and weigh probably less than 1 lb. However, they wanted to charge me a flat rate of $15 to ship the damn thing 30 miles. I called them up and thought I could talk sense to them, nope. So I just flat told them I'm not buying anything from them ever.

In my opinion, Sequential turn signals FTW! I actually like them, but only a few cars can pull them off, namely only the split tail light mustang and the 2010 mustang. Someone tried to do it with a corvette, and it looked like crap.

I just bought a few things from them yesterday. I was gonna go with Dallas Mustang since they're local but they royally pissed me off yesterday. I just needed a PCV valve, firewall ground, and an engine gauge wiring harness. It would have all fit in a manilla envelope and weigh probably less than 1 lb. However, they wanted to charge me a flat rate of $15 to ship the damn thing 30 miles. I called them up and thought I could talk sense to them, nope. So I just flat told them I'm not buying anything from them ever.

They do that. I've bought things from them (they sometimes have a very good price on some of the more universal parts and they're ten minutes from my home) in the past and I've never really liked their attitudes there. I shop for stuff at Lone Star Performance and other stores in the local area now - which are farther away, but do not have the smug factor.

i could hear your mustang idling for the rest of my life, and nice turn signals

i could hear your mustang idling for the rest of my life, and nice turn signals

Ha. Probably won't sound exactly like that next year. The mufflers are nice outside the car and at inside at low speeds, but if I do any highway driving right now I need earplugs. Probably switching to Flowmaster 50's or Magnaflows to be rid of the loud droning howl at high speeds.

I love it man, it's coming along so nicely. Are you ever gonna swap for a V8 or keep it as it is?

It already has a V8.

Er yeah, it's got a 302 in it now. I've discussed the idea with my mother, and there's every possibility that if/when the current engine bites it, a Boss 302 crate engine will probably find its way under the hood. ;)