Random Thoughts... (Motorsports Edition)

Not sure about that one. I like the changes that are made (apart from going fwd only and effectively getting rid of BMWs) but I'm not overly fond of BTCC creating their own car spec that will only be used by them. In my view it would be best for touring car racing in general if the various championships around the world would use either same or very similar car specification so that cars developed for one serie could be used in others as well. For these BTCC rules this does not happen and those cars will be strictly BTCC only, and while S2000 cars will be eligible they are unlikely to be competitive.

Really random: If it's Max "The Axe" Angelelli, then I'm Greg "The Egg" Evans...

In an attempt to reach the asshattery-levels previously only achieved by Max Mosley, the organizers of the Dakar-rally has, only 6 month before next race, decided to completely changed its bike rules limiting all bikes to 450cc.

Thus KTM has decided to withdraw from competition leaving their factory team and 50 or so privateers, without bikes..

Klick me!!

Last edited:
No...why the hell are all motorsport organizer's ruining their sport?

Got this from BBC 5 Live's twitter...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KvF9hl1Ukg[/YOUTUBE]

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW. :jawdrop:

(sorry if this is a repost)

:blink:

I had a great day at the Hungaroring today (oh, it's past midnight, so actually yesterday) watching WSR.

Met Townsend Bell today. Good dude. Had some interesting ideas on sponsorship for the guys in my series. Right off the heels of that epic performance at Indy, too. And a pretty good fight between me and another driver in our kart race today, see that here.

Last edited:
There was a nascar race in Infinion (I think) with left and right turns. I was sort of entertained because there was actually some skill required. should I be ashamed?

There was a nascar race in Infinion (I think) with left and right turns. I was sort of entertained because there was actually some skill required. should I be ashamed?

I thought that was this Saturday? My mom and dad were questioning me about it because they wanted to go to Roche winery which is like within gunrange of Infineon and they thought highway 37 would be packed (2-lane road, 170,000 spectators... fun!).

I wish NASCAR would use the full track. They just use the outer loop. I saw some stock cars out there in open testing last weekend on the full track and they really rip down the drag strip. Glorious sound!

My mum was going to get me a Brawn GP baseball cap off Amazon.co.uk for successfully finishing college. It cost ?24.99, but she's not buying it because the postage and packaging cost ?15! That is effing ridiculous!

The NASCAR race @ Infineon is this Sunday. Based on looking at the program guide on my dish, it's not going to interfere with FOX's replay of the British Grand Prix. Hooray, racing overload!!

The NASCAR race @ Infineon is this Sunday. Based on looking at the program guide on my dish, it's not going to interfere with FOX's replay of the British Grand Prix. Hooray, racing overload!!

I don't think you'd miss much of the Grand Prix. The commentators would just talk about the breakaway series and then Jenson would win in the background. :p

^^ :lol:

When watching F1 I always like to imagine Bob Varsha, David Hobbs and that other guy are locked in a closet in the SPEED channel studios, watching the race on a tiny set and waiting for someone to bring them coffee.

I'll probably end up falling asleep about a third into the NASCAR race anyways; Bill Weber has got to be one of the most boring commentators ever....in the world.

^^ :lol:

When watching F1 I always like to imagine Bob Varsha, David Hobbs and that other guy are locked in a closet in the SPEED channel studios, watching the race on a tiny set and waiting for someone to bring them coffee.

I'll probably end up falling asleep about a third into the NASCAR race anyways; Bill Weber has got to be one of the most boring commentators ever....in the world.

I love the SPEED F1 commentators. During practice yesterday Varsha was late and they showed a shot of a parachute stuntman and Hobbs goes "here comes Bob now!"