2009 Le Mans/LMS/ALMS Thread

Peugeot #7 no chance for winning this year. Aston in trouble as well, after 45 minutes!! lots of drama here.

If it was as exciting as this last year when I was there I don't think I would have lasted past the first couple of hours before I exploded... :lol:

They should have told lamy to drive slower, car is completely destroyed. that's going to take a lot of time to repair

They should have told lamy to drive slower, car is completely destroyed. that's going to take a lot of time to repair

I don't know if you guys saw the replay when he was leaving the pits, but the other teams crew member tried to stop him before he left...Communication f*ck up simple.

How far is the no.8 Peugeot actually in front of the Audi's? The live timings say 1 lap, but there is no way that it is that much.

I thought I'd write these again as it was good fun last year during the night hours and they are fun to read afterwards. And I got good dose of rep for those as well :)

1st hour

P1
A hugely dramatic first hour for the LMP1 cars. The main drama was the pit incident with #7 Peugeot and #19 Pescarolo Peugeot which took the latter to the garage for front bodywork change and the latter to the garage for what looks to be a lengthy repair process (assuming they'll even make it). Audi also had trouble as Alexandre Premat spun the #3 car into the gravel in Indianapolis and lost a lap with repairs. All that leaves Peugeot with only one car in the top as the #9 car with Franck Montagny in the wheel, and being chased by #1 and #2 Audis in formation. The #007 Aston Martin leads the Aston challenge on fourth place ahead of the #9 Peugeot, and the other two Astons hold sixth and seventh ahead of the Pescarolo Judd.

P2
As expected, Porsches are on the top with Essex team leading the way and Navi Team on second. Best of the rest is the Speedy Racing Lola, RML Lola Mazda and G.A.C. Zytek.

GT1
Again as expected, the two factory Corvettes lead the way with Jan Magnussen in the #63 ahead of Olivier Gavin in #64. Alphand Corvettes hold the next two places and that's about it for the class as the lone Aston Martin hit technical trouble and the JLOC Lamborghini became the first retirement after only few minutes.

GT2
There has been a fantastic battle for the lead as always in GT2, with the #82 Risi Competizione Ferrari driven by Jaime Melo desperately battling against the Porsches of Imsa Performance (#76), Flying Lizards (#80) and Team Felbemayr (#77). Sadly the #77 which was battling for the lead hit trouble around the time safety car came out and lost time. At the moment the Imsa Performance car leads ahead of the JMB Racing Ferrari and the Risi Competizione car. Gaps are still small here...

heavy crash by #10 (ortelli)
we've had it easy for a while, but drama is kicking in once again

edit: back in the race

Last edited:
amazing so much drama in this le mans already

Only three hours in..I don't think that any team this year will come out error free especially in lmp1..

Second hour

LMP1:
After the chaotic first hour things have settled down somewhat. #8 Peugeot still leads with Franck Montagny at the wheel. It gained a healthy lead after the two safety cars put it in the opposite end of the track with the following cars and now it has been maintaining that lead. #2 Audi with Mike Rockenfeller is now holding second place and is closely followed by Marc Gene in the #9 Peugeot. After a front bodywork change Allan McNish is now on fourth ahead of the #007 and #008 Aston Martins that are proceeding in formation. As for the cars that hit trouble in the first hour, #17 Pescarolo Peugeot is now on 11th after the front bodywork change following the pit incident, the #7 Peugeot is back on track after remarkably swift repairs but is down on 51st position and half a dozen laps behind the leaders. The #3 Audi which went off in the initial stages of the race is now on 14th, two laps behind the leaders. As I write this, Stephane Ortelli has just written off one of the Oreca Matmut cars in Tetre Rouge, and Vanina Ickx has put the Creation Judd off the track but there's not much damage.

LMP2: No major dramas, Team Essex still leads from Navi Team Goh, the gap is now about four seconds. Speedy Racing Lola is on third, RML Lola on fourth and GAC Racing Zytek on fifth.

GT1: More trouble for the lone DBR9 as it was coasted to a halt a short time ago. That only leaves Corvettes running, with the two factory cars well clear of the two Alphand entered cars.

GT2:
The lead just changed as the #89 Hancook-Farnbacher Ferrari grabbed the lead from the Imsa Performance Porsche. Flying Lizard Porshce holds third place ahead of the Ferraris of Risi Competizione and JMB Racing.

Hour three, let's see if this time I get everytthing written down without having any major dramas unfolding while doing it...

LMP1:
Things have settled down somewhat at the top of the leaderboard. #8 still leads with Franck Montagny still at the wheel and due to driver change shortly. #2 Audi lost a few places while during a driver change (Marco Werner took over) on their third stop, handing the seocnd place to #9 Peugeot with Marc Gene and third to #1 Audi driven by McNish. The two Peugeots are slowly edging away from the two Audis at the moment. Aston Martin still holds fifth and sixth with #007 and #008 still in formation, about 1? minutes behind the Audis, their race pace being a few seconds slower than the Audis. The #17 Pescarolo has climbed all the way up to seventh after the initial trouble with Simon Pagenaud now driving, and the two Kolles Audis hold eigth and ninth ahead of the Pescarolo Judd.

LMP2:
Essex still leads ahead of Navi Team Goh in their Porches, the gap between them being about ten seconds. Speedy Racing Lola is on third, ahead of RML Lola and GAC Zytek. The Racing Box Lola which held sixth hit trouble and dropped to eigth in class behind the OAK Racing Pescarolo and Team Barazi Epsilon Zytek.

GT1:
No changes here, except for the #66 Aston Martin DBR9 which is now running again, but far from the top. It's still the factory Corvettes with John O'Connell in the #63 leading from Olivier Beretta in the #64, and #73 Alphand Corvette on third just ahead of the #72 sister car.

GT2:
Lead has changed here again, with #80 Flying Lizards Porsche took over the lead as the Hancook Farnbacher Ferrari pitted. The #76 Imsa Performance Posrche secures a Porsche 1-2 at the moment, and 40 seconds behind there's a pack of four Ferraris chasing them down.