MLB '09 Regular Season Thread

https://pic.armedcats.net/w/wh/whappeh/2009/06/14/dinger.jpg

Buehrle with a home run in the Brewer's stadium!

YES!

Watching the Jays this series is like open heart surgery without anesthesia, I mean, who gets swept AT HOME by THE FUCKING MARLINS???!?!?

At least Johan took a hammering today, even if it was from the Yanks.

https://pic.armedcats.net/w/wh/whappeh/2009/06/14/soxwin2.jpg

YES, YES... HELL YES! :D

Yup.. and I am going to Washington, DC for those days... not only can I not watch the games (unless they are on WGN or ESPN), but I can't post here about it! I'm mad about that.

To be honest, I expect a 3 game Cubs sweep in Wrigley, and a 3 game Sox sweep at The Cell.

Tuesday's and Thursday's games are on WGN.

Last edited:
What is with this sudden Chad Billingsley love ESPN is going on about. They talk about him on Baseball tonight first about getting his 9th win, on ESPN.com mlb page they mention about his 9th win....

yet they forget he is not the only one with 9 wins in the NL, Matt Cain won his 9th and not only that, he is right now 9-1 vs the 9-3 Billingsley is.
Also his ERA is better and their WHIP is about the same. The only thing Billingsley has is more SO.
Cain is doing this good on a team that still is last in HR, tho he is getting the run support this year vs last year when was last in run support.
I think we need more Cain love.... Maybe start the Cy Young chants now so we have pretty much an all Cy Young rotation :eek:

Problem is ESPN doesn't give a shit unless its a marketable team, which the Giants are not. If its not the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Cardinals, Dodgers or Angels they aren't going to care.

What a dull baseball day. If Milwaukee loses this game, we move into a 3-way tie in the loss column... amazing how no one wants to steal this division from us.

Problem is ESPN doesn't give a shit unless its a marketable team, which the Giants are not. If its not the Yankees, Red Sox, Cubs, Cardinals, Dodgers or Angels they aren't going to care. sucks.
:)

BREWERS FUCKING WIN!!! :banana:

^ That was insane. Prince Fielder muscled that line drive over the wall.

Good night to have Prince on my fantasy team. 6 RBI :D

I had Ryan Braun on my team for last night too (plus Figgins and Rivera from LAA) so it was a good night.

Teletubby: I delayed my trip to DC by one day just so I can watch tonight's game from home and talk it up after we hammer you. :D

Yeah if doughnuts were PED's Fielder would be on a 50 game ban:lol:.

haha, no doubt. I don't really like the guy in real life, but I don't mind having him on my fantasy team :)

I'm surprised that White Sox fans even like Ozzie. He seems like such a dick, and doesn't hesitate to shit on his own players, even when they really don't deserve it.

And again, I'm not just saying that because I'm a Cubs fan. I actually have no beef with the White Sox and have never felt the need to jump on the bashing bandwagon.