Ferrari Leave Formula 1

All we have to do is wait for Friday...when they'll tell us a decision will be reached next Friday....

All we have to do is wait for Friday...when they'll tell us a decision will be reached next Friday....

If that happens, I WILL eat my table..

FIA and FOTA are playing an interesting game. One stands strong, the other hints at a possible compromise and cooperation, then negotiations take place, positions alternate. So "The Ball" is on FIA court again, with the latest FOTA support by the automakers, the call to change F1 gov-t and FIA losing an application, however, if my theory is correct, this monday it will shift again.

In the timeless tradition of the Interwebs, if there is something in the FIA-FOTA dispute on Friday, we demand pics of said process of table devouring. :lol:

I don't have a camera...

Le Mans courting disgruntled F1 teams
Jun 14th 2009

Every F1 fan knows that while these might not be the darkest days for F1, they are certainly distracting and annoying. Max Mosley's years of unilaterally implementing rules might finally break up the F1 band, sending eight current teams into a breakaway F1 series or a different series entirely. If that happens, the people behind Le Mans have thrown open their doors to those poor, huddled masses.

Remy Brouard said that not only would Le Mans organizers welcome former F1 entrants, it would give them a voice in drafting regulations. "If they want to make proposals," he said, "we will listen." Among the possible breakaway teams, Ferrari, Renault, BMW, McLaren and Toyota all have experience in F1, and the first four have won the race. As much as we don't want our F1 to burst, a 2010 Le Mans grid with those five entrants plus Audi, Peugeot, and Aston Martin would be nothing short of outstanding.

CS:Source

Just the thought of a LMP1 Ferrari makes me jizz in my pants...

^I think the Le Mans would need some serious rule tweaking before Ferrari would seriously consider entering..
I doubt they would build a diesel lmp1 car.. :p

^^ Search for footage of the 333SP. You'll do what you said before Ferrari makes a new LMP1.

On another note...

http://allenonf1.wordpress.com/2009/06/14/teams-attack-chief-f1-stewards-impartiality/

There is a story in the Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera today about a letter sent by the FOTA teams yesterday (Saturday 13th June) to the FIA complaining about the behaviour of the FIA?s Alan Donnelly at the recent Turkish Grand Prix.

The letter alleges that Donnelly was going around from team to team telling them to abandon the FOTA stance and sign up for 2010. It amounted to behaviour which the teams considered not appropriate for a man whose role at the races is to convene and oversee the stewards and to take a totally impartial view of problems arising on the track.

The teams have requested Mosley?s comment on the matter.

The anti-FIA stuff continues in another story, concerning the way the entry of Italian outfit N Technology was handled by the FIA representatives responsible for assessing the new teams. The N Technology people allege that their submission was not properly processed, documents were mislaid and so on.

Apparently the FIA had no comment on the story.

I can't wait to hear what kind of other dirt they're going to dish on the FIA *rubs hands together in glee*

^^ Search for footage of the 333SP.

Uh, you do know who you're saying this to right? :p

Of course I've seen the 333SP and yeah, it'is pretty awesome, but I'd love to see a brand new prototype by Ferrari, maybe utilising the FXX's V12...

^ Problem is, they would have to shrink the engine to half its size. The new LMP1 regs restrict engine displacement to 3.4 liters. Hopefully not strictly to 8 cylinders... :no:

Let's just hope that they have a change of heart before these regs come into play.

Last edited:
^ Problem is, they would have to shrink the engine to half its size. The new LMP1 regs restrict engine displacement to 3.4 liters.

Ah that sucks, still a 3.4L V12 is no slug.

I'd love to see Ferrari's Tipo F140 engine tweaked for LeMans. It'd be epic...

Let's just hope that they have a change of heart before these regs come into play.

In the article I posted the LeMans organisers said "they'll listen to any suggested rule changes," so it might be plausible yet.

Last edited:
FIA: FOTA members trying to scupper deal

By Jonathan Noble Monday, June 15th 2009, 10:24 GMT

The FIA has blamed factions within the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) for the failure to find a settlement in the row over the future of the sport - after revealing on Monday that it believed it had an agreement in place last week.

AUTOSPORT understands that Ross Brawn is meeting the FIA today to discuss the situation and finalise what was agreed in last week's meeting.

In a statement issued on Monday morning, the FIA said that at a get-together with four members of FOTA last week a deal was reached for a way forward - but this subsequently failed to reach fruition.

"During the meeting FOTA acknowledged that the FIA wanted to encourage the introduction of new teams in the championship to maintain its vitality and economic viability in the long term," said the FIA.

"Agreement was reached on technical regulations for 2010 which offered assistance for new teams from the currently competing teams in several key areas.

"It was also agreed that the objectives of FOTA and the FIA on cost reduction were now very close and that financial experts from both sides should meet at the earliest opportunity to finalise the details.

"It was proposed by the FIA that any perceived governance and stability issues could best be eliminated by extending the 1998 Concorde Agreement until 2014 thus avoiding lengthy negotiations for a new agreement. This was well received by those present who undertook to report the suggestion to the other FOTA members."

The FIA has blamed members of FOTA for failing to act on this agreement ? and claims that some are determined to see talks fail even though this will hurt F1.

"The FIA believed it had participated in a very constructive meeting with a large measure of agreement. The FIA was therefore astonished to learn that certain FOTA members not present at the meeting have falsely claimed that nothing was agreed and that the meeting had been a waste of time.

"There is clearly an element in FOTA which is determined to prevent any agreement being reached regardless of the damage this may cause to the sport."

Source: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76229

Half of the association != "certain members".

Stop the presses, a deal fell through! This is just useless mud slinging.

This must be the FIA's way of going on the offensive in retaliation to the report that FOTA are going to release about why the FIA's proposals are so bad for the sport and everyone involved.

This is getting very interesting.. Remember that Ferrari lineup with Massa, Raikkonen and Alonso that someone suggested? Doesn't Le Mans require 3 drivers minimum? :D