Gran Turismo 5

Yep. Driving at speeds in excess of 100 mph is hard. Who ever would have thought?

If you think about it, we're taking some of these corners at what are our normal highway cruising speeds.

Yep. Driving at speeds in excess of 100 mph is hard. Who ever would have thought?

If you think about it, we're taking some of these corners at what are our normal highway cruising speeds.

I've played Forza, I know that this is a sim...

Also...the M3 is impossible to drive with no aids...I am terrified to try the viper.

The M3 is a drifting machine. It took me a couple of weeks to master it. Keep practicing.

Last edited:
The M3 is a beast! I spun it a million times before a mastered it. Also, the best track to master a car, imo, is
eiger.

I've played Forza, I know that this is a sim...

Also...the M3 is impossible to drive with no aids...I am terrified to try the viper.

You should be. Driving the Viper in Daytona is almost suicidal. A little bump? CRASH* Too much speed? Back end slips CRASH* Turning at high speeds? CRASH*

But that's the fun with it. The fear of being able to fail and crash every single second. Try the TVR. It's like de Viper but a little bit more "Civilized".

And don't turn on the aids or you won't be able to master the cars. Forza 2 is more forgiving when driving with the aids off. In this aspect we could say that GT5P is more difficult.

Actually, Viper GTS is at least in my hands as fast or faster than the Z06.. mostly because Viper is absolute dream to drive, whereas Z06 is dreadful at least in offline time trial modes. Those S2's and Z06's shortish 4 first gears don't help either.

I'm sorry, but have you tried the Viper in FM2? It's impossible to drive.

Which viper? :? I've never had any problems? I always drive with no assists.

I'm sorry, but have you tried the Viper in FM2? It's impossible to drive.

Yes I did! And yes, you are right. It is also impossible to master.

What I meant is that in Forza 2 I felt much more confident controlling the cars. If you do something stupid you pay for it (that's for sure) and the opponents A.I. is really agressive. But it felt much more stable and secure with some of the most powerful cars. You could loose controll but I felt more in control.

Whereas in the GT series, everything seems a little bit more difficult. Japanese developers like to make their games more difficult than Occidental developers, and I feel that the GT games (specially GT5P) are a little bit more difficult to master. The learning curve is "a little bit" more steep than in Forza 2.

I disagree entirely. I haven't played GT5 but GT4 and GT3 were incredibly easy as the cars don't seem to have much suspension movement and most of them handle very similar. FM2 actually took some time to get used to, and you have to fight to keep cars from just drifting all the time.

You should try GT5 Prologue. No more stomping on the LOL pedal. :mrgreen:

You should try GT5 Prologue. No more stomping on the LOL pedal. :mrgreen:

Too true. I'm actually gonna need to get a wheel for it. Too bad my PC Momo won't work on ps3.

EDIT: Speaking of which, does anyone have a Driving Force EX that can tell me how it is? I don't really want to pay $90+ for a driving force GT, and I can get the EX for less than $50 on ebay.

Last edited:
Too true. I'm actually gonna need to get a wheel for it. Too bad my PC Momo won't work on ps3.

EDIT: Speaking of which, does anyone have a Driving Force EX that can tell me how it is? I don't really want to pay $90+ for a driving force GT, and I can get the EX for less than $50 on ebay.

I've got a Driving Force (the one that came with GT3) and it still rocks. I can see that the EX is an updated version so you should go for it. Cheap, reliable and PS2/PS3/PC compatibility.

P.S: :thumbsdown: for the Xbox 360 not allowing wheels other than the Microsoft licensed ones.

Last edited: