Random Thoughts....

So, anyone ever flown Continental? If so, how was the flight? I'm trying to get feedback to make my decision on which airline to take back to China.

I've only flown them Domestically, they were pretty average and have lost our luggage on numerous occasions (I've only ever lost luggage travelling in the US)

I've never flown Continental trans-Atlantic (or trans-Pacific), but their domestic service is terrible. I know that doesn't necessarily reflect their long haul quality, but the best airline I've flown is KLM.

When did you fly KLM? It's a really poor airline nowadays... there's probably worse airlines, but for a full-fledged international flag carrier they are really crappy. Who uses MD-11s anymore anyway, aside from FedEx?

I too have only flown Continental domestically. Even though their international service might be much better than their domestic, I think you will still get a better flying experience using airlines from the other end of your trip. In my humble opinion most airlines from America don't cut it internationally compared to many big European and Asian air carriers.

I guess it depends where you fly to (duration) and what you expect out of an airline... they use old ass planes on their North American routes and it shows on the inside. Up until two years ago, they had business class seats like I first saw on British Airways in 1997. They've upgraded them now, but the new ones are ridiculous, because there is no support at the bottom so when you try to flatten it to sleep, you keep sliding out!

The interior decor is decidedly and annoyingly blue, and the food was really, really bad when I flew with them last... some non-descript stew of beef and mushrooms with a really 'off' taste.

But on the plus side, the hostesses are usually quite pretty. KLM's also the cheapest on the routes I fly, which is why I fly with them in the first place... though I might not in the future, the fact that you slide out of the seat when you're sleeping is a big inconvenience on a 23 hour journey. :p

Two more days of work then I get the Summer off! The benefit of working for a school district.

Heh I get Christmas et Spring brakes off as well.

Well I have had an awesome evening, went for a bike ride, had a blow out on a corner going 20mph, and broke my humerus....awesome. Typing is fun with one hand, pretty hopped up on goofballs too. Have some percoset (sp?) for later, here is the x-ray.

P1000463.jpg

Well I have had an awesome evening, went for a bike ride, had a blow out on a corner going 20mph, and broke my...

On a push bike??? I didn't realise you could have such violent blow outs on a bicycle.

I too have only flown Continental domestically. Even though their international service might be much better than their domestic, I think you will still get a better flying experience using airlines from the other end of your trip. In my humble opinion most airlines from America don't cut it internationally compared to many big European and Asian air carriers.

I'm kind of on a budget though. Continental so far has the best price, and I don't have to switch airlines. If I flew Air China for instance, the furthest they travel inside Canada is Vancouver, which means that I would have to take a domestic flight with another airline (WestJet for example) from Ottawa to Vancouver, which adds another $3-400 onto the $1100 ticket from Vancouver to Shanghai. Now Continental only charges me $920 from Ottawa all the way to Shanghai, so obviously if I'm on a budget, the choice is clear to me.

On a push bike??? I didn't realise you could have such violent blow outs on a bicycle.

Well I'm rolling on 115psi filled 23mm tires and was going around a corner when it happened. I'm just hoping I don't need surgery which i find out tomorrow.

My dad is an enthusiastic road biker, and I've never heard of this sort of thing happening before. Well, good luck with that.

When did you fly KLM? It's a really poor airline nowadays... there's probably worse airlines, but for a full-fledged international flag carrier they are really crappy. Who uses MD-11s anymore anyway, aside from FedEx?

I flew on a KLM 777-200ER maybe 4 years ago, and it was great. Best transatlantic economy-class service I've ever had.

Better facilities bring in more students. That school is one of the best in the nation, I'm sure lots of parents would love to send their kids there.

Best looking highs school in the United States in my opinion:

Little Rock Central High School
http://img200.imageshack.**/img200/412/312619277151dcf2e5c7o41.jpg

Clock, sorry to hear about your arm, you don't need surgery.

My dad is an enthusiastic road biker, and I've never heard of this sort of thing happening before. Well, good luck with that.

If you're in a corner and a tyre blows, you lose all grip on that end, causing you to crash&burn.

^thanks for the reassurance because that is waht I hope for (no surgery). I have saved a crash and burn before but it was a rear flat at like 40 on a downhill, but there was really nothing i could do to save myself this time.

Clock, sorry to hear about your arm, you don't need surgery.

If you're in a corner and a tyre blows, you lose all grip on that end, causing you to crash&burn.

What happens if you gorilla both brake handles, causing the tyres to lock?

What happens if you gorilla both brake handles, causing the tyres to lock?

If you do that in a corner going 20mph, i'd say you're going to crash and burn.

Woot! Went to the card store in the city today and played Magic for like 6 hours straight. My brain is completely drained at the moment, but it was great fun.

Was pleasantly surprised at how well my relatively cheap Cleric deck did against many of the $400+ decks that the national-level guys had. The other pleasant surprise was that Magic wasn't only played by nerds; There were accountants, engineers, etc, so its definitely more than just a kid's game these days.

Scored some pretty cool card sleeves, deck boxs and tournament pack out of today's activities. Hope to play more once I finish my exams.