James May: James May's Big Ideas

So it's 100% sure there are not going to be any more shows? I thought it'd run for at least 5 or 6 episodes, since there's so much to touch on.

This sucks.. this quickly became one of my favorite shows to watch. I didn't know it was only going to be aired for 3 episodes! I was wondering why the 4th hadnt been posted yet.. sighh

lame. Extend this series BBC.

the show was really interesting and James was brilliant!
too bad there is no more ideas :p

Big ideas, small budget? :p

little off topic too but its a song request

its on the 3rd installment of the series its right around 47:55

thanks!

I just received an email back from The Open University in regards to an email I sent them asking about the music used in the Moeller Skycar series. Here is what she replied with -

We used 2 pieces during this sequence:-

"Imagination horizon (a)" by Paul Pritchard from a music library CD "A further use of beauty"
"The Driver" by Armando Sciascia from a CD "Crime Fiction" supplied by Atmosphere Music Ltd.

Hope this helps!

well that was really short... i was expecting this to be a 6-show series or something, 3 is way too little!

I just received an email back from The Open University in regards to an email I sent them asking about the music used in the Moeller Skycar series. Here is what she replied with -

Hope this helps!

Managed to get hold of the first piece of music:
"Imagination horizon (a)" by Paul Pritchard from a music library CD "A further use of beauty"

http://kpm.auditionus.net/KPM/KPM521/KPM_KPM__521_0101.mp3

PM me if you want a copy of it, managed to download it.
Thanks Brightdevil.

James May's Big Idea's Music

James May's Big Idea's Music

Heard this piece a few times in May's newest series and have been wondering what it is. Starts at the very beginning of the 1st and 3rd episode. The one at the beginning of the 2nd is also quite good. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could identify them.

This sucks.. this quickly became one of my favorite shows to watch. I didn't know it was only going to be aired for 3 episodes! I was wondering why the 4th hadnt been posted yet.. sighh

lame. Extend this series BBC.

I thought the same. I figured that maybe because TGUK came back, nobody bothered to post his videos.

Well he is going to do a show about the moon next year so that might be interesting.

Whoa, do you have a link to the announcement? And does that have anything to do with his appearance at the Southern California hydrogen station (thread somewhere else on this forum)?

Whoa, do you have a link to the announcement? And does that have anything to do with his appearance at the Southern California hydrogen station (thread somewhere else on this forum)?

He talked about it on a recent radio show. He is doing it while Hammond and Clarkson are in Australia doing top gear live.

Y'know, I was just listening to that EXACT SAME BROADCAST on my iPod right before I signed onto this board, and and turns out I paused it JUST before the bit about TG Live and his absence. Timing, timing, timing :lol:

Is it just me, or does James have by far the best side projects?

Is it just me, or does James have by far the best side projects?

I have to agree. I watch his stuff and just drool in envy. Jeremy's stuff can be pretty cool too but poor Richard has really gotten the short end of the side project stick. Jeremy's stuff is cool to watch on TV but I want to BE James May sometimes.

The DVD is out!

Here is a good review. :)

May has a lot to say about things he likes, and it's clearly a dream-job that he has by being allowed to indulge in his boy-hood fantasies. The viewer is carried along by his charm and gentle explanations of subjects that could potentially give one a headache. There's also an element of gentle ridicule that he brings to his presentation, but that gives his delivery a more rounded and human approach.