MLB '09 Regular Season Thread

Pretty bad. They're saying they should be able to get the game in, but there may be a delay.

DeRo just hit another homer. I miss him. :(

Last edited:
Hope they get the game in... I'm trying to do a shortened trip too, so I can catch the game on Thursday too. 24 hour speed business!

Wow, the weather looks like shit. How the hell will they get this game in. Looks like I'm going back to the Marlins-Red Sox game in HD.

Apparently the make up will be a shared off day in September according to CSN.

Well today is off to a good start, eh? <3 the iPhone and the MLB application!

These ChiSox-Cubs games remind me of one of my favorite baseball cards growing up. I don't remember the brand but it had Frank Thomas on one side and Ryne Sandberg on the other. It was cool.

Cubs offense is horrible, but both Chicago teams are pretty lousy this year. I'll be surprised if either make the playoffs, but there's still a lot of time left so anything can happen I guess.

Last edited:
Hey, any of you guys post on the ProSportsDaily MLB forums? God, some guys there are okay, but most guys are a bunch of sabermetric queers.

Hey, any of you guys post on the ProSportsDaily MLB forums? God, some guys there are okay, but most guys are a bunch of sabermetric queers.
I browse. Nothing wrong with sabermetrics though, some people just take it way too far.

I had a nice thing about sabermetrics all written out and then the forum shit all over it. So.....I like them......PECOTA, OPS, win shares, etc.......Kevin Youkilis......yada yada yada......has its place.

I have nothing against sabermetrics per se, it's just when people get too anal about it and then when Giants homers start trying to use them to prove how Tim Lincecum is having a better year than Dan Haren right now.

I had a nice thing about sabermetrics all written out and then the forum shit all over it. So.....I like them......PECOTA, OPS, win shares, etc.......Kevin Youkilis......yada yada yada......has its place.
I had a nice, long reply regarding the subject when the forum died as well. Think it's a sign? :p

Lou's talking about lineup changes. I can't wait. The Bears can't get down to Bourbonnais soon enough....

Last edited:
I have nothing against sabermetrics per se, it's just when people get too anal about it and then when Giants homers start trying to use them to prove how Tim Lincecum is having a better year than Dan Haren right now.

I just love stats that can show that Derek Jeter's contributions to those world championship teams were overstated.:D