Random Thoughts....

Lol, I guess I should've said "there wern't any IT people".....but I'm an engineering student anyway, so :p Not all engineering students wear thick glasses and have no life outside of uni. On the contrary, eng students are often the ones most likely to be found absolutely smashed at parties, so there.

And if it wasn't for us engineering "nerds", your beloved F1 cars, Concorde and other awesome pieces of engineering wouldn't exist. :tease:

I only started playing again recently because a workmate of mine plays, so we play a couple of games after work. Good way to unwind after a long day.

To not play a reasonably fun card game because I might be associated with clearly false stereotypes seems awfully stupid to me.
........Maybe I'm just in a bad mood right now, but this has been bothering me for quiet some time, so it was good getting it out.

Ahhh, i'm just messing with you, i have nothing against turn based card games, i used to play the star wars card game. My uncle used to be so big in it he designed a card that the makers of the game integrated into the deck.:lol:

I've got one week left in the country as of today. It still doesn't seem real although it should hit a little harder tomorrow when the movers come to pick up my stuff. I'm going to be so freaking lost when I get to Okinawa. :lol:

How can you be lost if you can see over everything?

Dude, you just quoted AskMen, the how-to-act-cool-so-people-will-like-me-and-think-I'm-cool-too-and-totally-not-even-think-I'm-trying-to-be-cool site. It's Cosmo for men.

Last edited:
Is it just me or does the phrase "Thanks heaps" seem a bit inappropriate in a professional email that I just got from someone

Yep but not too serious really, I suspect that they were just trying to be relaxed and friendly - you should always treat emails in business differently to personal ones IMHO.

If it's between colleagues then a bit of relaxation is OK but always remember that these things get copied and forwarded. Treat anything you write on a computer as 'open', and as if your worst enemy will read it and try to use it against you in some way some time in the future.

Man things are annoying me right now. For starters there is a party that I would love to go to, but I can't as I am at a family friends' birthday party (the boring type). And I discovered today that 3 of my mates are likely to be commissioned to make 4-5 computers worth around ?7000 each, giving a nice amount of money to keep, because they have built a computer for a teacher (ex investment banker) who has lots of rich friends. I wish I could make some money out of something. And the only thing I could is photography, which is hard to get money out of, and I'm no-where near good enough for money paying services. Argh.

I'm in a similar boat, except replace "photography" with "gigolo".

Yep but not too serious really, I suspect that they were just trying to be relaxed and friendly - you should always treat emails in business differently to personal ones IMHO.

If it's between colleagues then a bit of relaxation is OK but always remember that these things get copied and forwarded. Treat anything you write on a computer as 'open', and as if your worst enemy will read it and try to use it against you in some way some time in the future.

A totally different department and minimal interaction with this person

I'm in a totally awesome mansion right now, and its all mine for another 10 hours. Life is good.

I tried Five guys because of raving reviews from co-workers, and I was thoroughly unimpressed with the burger, and almost angered by their ridiculous fried-in-peanut-oil fries.

Seriously you don't like the fries at Five Guys? The fries are the most awesome thing there. They give you tons of them and they are so tasty.

I love me a bacon cheeseburger with barbecue sauce at five guys.

I'm seriously considering an xbox 360 since I'm really sick of waiting for Gran Turismo 5 to be released on PS3.

I've been a diehard PS2 fan for a long time, and faithfully waited for GT5 whilst clocking GT4 multiple times, but it seems my patience has gone unrewarded... :(

If I buy a 2nd hand unit on ebay, what should I look out for?

Continuing the burger talk....has anyone here had SmashBurger? They are building one here and I was wondering if they are any good. Apparently they put a ball of meat on the griddle then "smash" it into a patty.