Random Thoughts....

What is a nginx and why can I not access the main forum.

Thought I was gonna die, trapped in doors with no finalgear forums...whew

I have an exam in 3 days, and I feel like shit today....

Not good at all.

I have an exam in 3 days, and I feel like shit today....

Not good at all.

I have an exam tomorrow and I've felt like shit for that past 3 days, and today is shaping up to be the same...

I think I have a very minor cold.

I really, really want to get back to work, but I feel very tired and am wondering if I should just write off today and get back into it tomorrow morning all freshened up.

^ SWINE FLUUUUUUU!!!!!!
Sorry, I saw "melbourne" and "cold" and went all commercial news.

Glad the forums are up again, went to check them this morning before school and nearly had a heart attack when my ipod refused to connect to them.

Oh, and my brilliant plan has worked. Kinda. In a way I guess. Still have to wait and see the outcome.... Hurry up July 17th!!!!!!

^ SWINE FLUUUUUUU!!!!!!
Sorry, I saw "melbourne" and "cold" and went all commercial news.

One of my workmates was sick for a couple of weeks. She had two tests for swine flu, one was positive and one was negative. But they're long past quarantining anyone with a whiff of it anyway so I'm sue we'll all get it at some point.

Apparently some royalty just entered the building where I work. (I'm told it's the crown-princess)
Those royals sure have nice company cars; in this case a brand new BMW 7-series (chauffeur-driven obviously); license-plate "43"

One of my workmates was sick for a couple of weeks. She had two tests for swine flu, one was positive and one was negative. But they're long past quarantining anyone with a whiff of it anyway so I'm sue we'll all get it at some point.

Meh, it's harmless for an adult which gets meds quickly.

Meh, it's harmless for an adult which gets meds quickly.
But it's wiped out humanity!
There's only this rag-tag collection of six billion survivors desperately clinging to life.

I?ve ruined my third keyboard this year with spilled (or this incident was more of a spat) drinks. :cry:
It all happend when a certain someone pulled of his helmet revaling his face ... I?m considering sueing TopGear now :D! I want my 15 Euros back!
The count for 2009 so far is one at work, two at home now ... and the year is just half over ... I know it?s a bad habit eating and drinking at the desk, but I just can?t stop it. If it happens again this year, I?ll invest a little more money and get myself one of these waterproof ones ...

btw, the logitech "deluxe 250" I got now types way smoother than the cherry "Rs 6000" I had before. :)

btw? - dont you just love the stuff the google imageserach throws at you when you look for pictures to illustrate something?
is167062.jpg

:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Wow. I've never destroyed a keyboard in the 12 years I've been working with computers. I've had to clean a couple, but they always worked perfectly fine afterward.

Trust me, a cup of tea or glass of cola spilled right onto it, and it?ll never work again ...

That's also true if you spill whiskey onto it.

Well, almost true, some of the keys worked afterwards.

[youtube]LQCkDGdJpts[/youtube]

All this time, I thought you guys were joking about the "reflection off an eyeball" thing. :lol:

That's fucking ridiculous! :D

^Unless a bunch managed to get inside the laptop underneath the keyboard tray, you can just replace the keyboard.

yes. That is what happened to my last one and my cousins. Fries the motherboard instead of just the keyboard and THAT will take out the whole computer. Good news is it does not kill the hard drive so you can salvage files.

^Unless a bunch managed to get inside the laptop underneath the keyboard tray, you can just replace the keyboard.

You would be surprised how little liquid it takes to do that

Last edited:
That's also true if you spill whiskey onto it.

Well, almost true, some of the keys worked afterwards.

Don't tell that to my keyboard.. This one I've had since my Pentium 200mmx..
I've poured several gallons of cola, coffee, water, beer and vodka in it. The keys gets a bit sticky but that sorts itself out when it dries...