Rule changes...why oh why.

i think overtaking has a lot to do with the track as well

Maybe they should get rid of carbon brakes and use steel ones..Here's my take you don't see that many passes because the cars stop so well that there are few mistakes, plus the fact there is maybe 50 meters max to complete a pass which doesn't help.

Maybe they should get rid of carbon brakes and use steel ones..Here's my take you don't see that many passes because the cars stop so well that there are few mistakes, plus the fact there is maybe 50 meters max to complete a pass which doesn't help.

This argument has popped up in a lot of places, and it was shot down everywhere. The brakes themselves no longer influence the stopping distance that much, it's down to the car's amount of grip. Teams have experimented a lot with steel brakes, and, apart from being heavier than carbon ones, they don't lengthen the braking distances by much, at times not at all.

I think they should just do drastic rule changes EVERY year. Emphasize that yes this is a TEAM sport.
Same reason why I think there should be refueling in 2010.

I think they should just do drastic rule changes EVERY year. Emphasize that yes this is a TEAM sport.
Same reason why I think there should be refueling in 2010.

are you kidding me?

Wow...I actaully agree with cellos here...

Seriously guys, how would that not be awesome. When I was doing robotics tournaments, the tasks were never the same and every year you pretty much had to start from scratch. It was hectic but sure as hell balanced the playing field because no one knew what was coming the next year. If a team was good one year, they may be rubbish the next, etc.

imagine it: a meeting of the contstructors where the rules guy says HEY guess what
next year your cars must have TWO side by side rear wings (or some equally crazy idea) oh and 3.5L V16s.

(okay maybe it isn't a great idea but can I have the V16s?)

Fantastic idea. Just what F1 needs at a time when they're trying to bring down costs, designing every last little bit of the car over and over again each year.

Fantastic idea. Just what F1 needs at a time when they're trying to bring down costs, designing every last little bit of the car over and over again each year.

easy way to bring down costs: they are only allowed to bring 1 18 wheeler to the track and a caravan for the team :lol:

easy way to bring down costs: they are only allowed to bring 1 18 wheeler to the track and a caravan for the team :lol:

2 per team; let them have as much equipment in the garage per car on track as is allowed in NASCAR (as much as you can fit in a single trailer while still being legal for highway use).