Micheal Jackson in hospital [Updated: Dead]

His contribution to global culture is undeniable, and if you think you weren't touched by him, you're just wrong. An indirect influence is still an influence, and there are few artists recording today who weren't influenced by the King of Pop.
Please explain how he influenced True Norwegian Black Metal ? (Which is the only music worth listening to)

Surreal.

Can't honestly say I'll miss him, but it was shocking news. I personally think he got a dead body, did a bunch of plastic surgery on it to make it look like him, then he took all that cash from those 50 sold out shows he was supposed to perform at, and faked his death. :D

Wow, that came out of no where, nothing left to do now as the media completely ignores his accusations of child molestation and swing the light at total 180 now that he's dead.

"Billie Jean" was an awesome music video.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as TomCat; I'm not going to miss the guy, but it's still quite a shock to hear he's dead.

Wow, that came out of no where, nothing left to do now as the media completely ignores his accusations of child molestation and swing the light at total 180 now that he's dead.

What do you want the media to do? "World's Most Notorious Paedophile Finally Gets Comeuppance"?

He went through the judicial system, he had a trial, evidence was presented and then the court of law acquitted him of the charges.

Yes, the first time around he was done up on similar charges in the 90s, the court didn't get a chance to find him either guilty or innocent, because he settled out of court. That's still not an admission of guilt, even though in your eyes or my eyes it might be incontrovertible proof since it would seem he had something to hide.

Man, I don't understand why people want to put him down... he did some bad stuff and he was judged under the proper judicial proceedings.

If you people are going to criticize him then look into the facts... his trial in the 2000s ended in an acquittal, which means there wasn't enough evidence to prove he had done the things he was accused of doing.

Edit: This is also a response to the post by Ramseus on the last page... in the eyes of the law he wasn't a pedophile, so who are we to judge him? Especially now that he's dead and none of it makes any bit of difference to Michael, the kids he had slumber parties with, his own kids or even any of us here.

Last edited:
I lold when I first read it, because I wasn't expecting to wake up and read that.

It's a shame when 99% of the population die really, but I just won't feel much sorrow for him.
He lived a decently long life, made a lot of money, did a lot of things.
Not exactly like he hasn't 'lived' his life.

Yes, the first time around he was done up on similar charges in the 90s, the court didn't get a chance to find him either guilty or innocent, because he settled out of court. That's still not an admission of guilt, even though in your eyes or my eyes it might be incontrovertible proof since it would seem he had something to hide.

Man, I don't understand why people want to put him down... he did some bad stuff and he was judged under the proper judicial proceedings.

If you people are going to criticize him then look into the facts... his trial in the 2000s ended in an acquittal, which means there wasn't enough evidence to prove he had done the things he was accused of doing.

So since O.J. was acquitted, we should never "put him down" either? Seems that if you have enough money, acquittals are much easier to come by. It also just seems really fishy to settle out of court if you're innocent.....and to be accused of the same crime by multiple people at different times.....

Sorry, I just don't have much sympathy for pedos. But even if he wasn't a pedo, his death really doesn't matter to me as I wasn't a fan of his music either.

Last edited:
It's a shame that we lost one of the great pop musicians of our time (well, for me I guess) and that many people won't be able to realise a dream of seeing him live. That said he probably should be remembered for his music, rather than this more-than-questionable events/accusations in his personal life. At least it's not like god-damn-whingy-Jade-Goody dieing. You should be remembered for the things you've achieved in your life, not by the circumstances or ways that you died.

It's still a loss in one way or another - Rest In Peace.

Last edited:
Don't speak ill of the dead.

The man had two very good albums. In 30 years, that's all people will remember.

as it should be.

when Diana died, all we heard here was how awsome she was (and i agree, awsome woman). it was considered mean and wrong to say anything else about her, so, we will see the same with mike. I am not a fan of his music but i can see the impact he had on the world and i am sure, if you watch ANY tv in the next few weeks, you to will see the impact his death will have on every continent.

Sorry, but I highly doubt that. Sure, he'll be remembered for his music, but he'll also be remembered for being a whackjob.

:p did nobody respond to me saying that the reason Ed McMahan died 3 days before mocheal was so he could be the one to introduce micheal into heavon like he used to intro Johny Carson? you must admit its atleast kinda funny!
:hmm::dance:

Weren't there reports a few months ago saying he would die before the end of the year ? :hmm:

:p did nobody respond to me saying that the reason Ed McMahan died 3 days before mocheal was so he could be the one to introduce micheal into heavon like he used to intro Johny Carson? you must admit its atleast kinda funny!
:hmm::dance:

We'd laugh if the joke was actually funny. ;)

Last edited:
So since O.J. was acquitted, we should never "put him down" either? Seems that if you have enough money, acquittals are much easier to come by. It also just seems really fishy to settle out of court if you're innocent.....and to be accused of the same crime by multiple people at different times.....

We heard a lot of the evidence on the OJ case and it all seemed to point to him being the killer. As far as I recall we didn't get to see any evidence on the more recent Michael Jackson case, presumably because of the age of the victim.

As I admitted it does all seem a bit fishy, but we don't have all the facts so we shouldn't be judging - especially now that the guy is dead and it's all irrelevant.

I don't get why people who don't like his music come in this thread and comment on how they don't care that he's died because they think he was a pedophile or because they don't like his music. The guy is dead, and he was never a convicted criminal so let's just leave it at that.

Sorry, but I highly doubt that. Sure, he'll be remembered for his music, but he'll also be remembered for being a whackjob.

I beg to differ... I think people will forget eventually. It might take fifty years but eventually people will only remember his music if anything.

Look at Jerry Lee Lewis, he married his 13 year old cousin and nobody even talks about that scandal anymore... Lewis isn't even dead yet and people have forgotten for the most part.

Whoa. I just got up out of bed and this was the first thing I heard. I did not see this coming.

Farrah Fawcett died too but I guess I sorta did see that coming because she was very ill.