Pepsi Throwback

Yeah...the guys from "American Movie" are from an area near where I lived (I was on the waiting list to work at the cemetery that he worked at{yes...people were dying to work at the cemetery...bwa ha!})...I've seen them around town. They are definitely the type of people that "normal" people would not want as ambassadors of the community in a film shown around the world. :p

Anyway, time to get some sleep.

"It's alright! It's OK! There's something to live for! Jesus told me so!" :lol:

Sorry, you can get back to the soda-talk now.

*laughs* Nice.

I actually got Mark's autograph at Best Buy. Kinda hilarious: a Best Buy employee was trying to explain blank DVD's to Mike...it wasn't working.

I was working today when some irate lady went up to the Pepsi guy demanding to know, "Why the hell don't they make Diet Pepsi Throwback?!" The Pepsi guy said, "So you want a sugar-free Pepsi with natural sugar?" The lady at least acknowledged her stupidity and was able to laugh it off.

I prefer coke to pepsi and the throwbacks are defiantly better than the regular pepsi. regular stuff tastes watered down.

Coke has the advantage of being combinable with whisky. Jake and Pepsi is not a good mix.

Buy good whiskey and just sip it on the rocks. ;)

Do these throwbacks come in glass bottles?

Last year, when I was in Israel, they had Coke in glass bottles and it was SOOOOO good; even if it's the same drink, it would taste a lot better in a glass bottle than a plastic one.

I don't know 'bout the USA, but in Germany there are basically two different kinds of (plastic) coke bottles. The "traditional" one with thick walls, since it's reusable, and the newer PET ones with very thin walls. And there actually really is a difference in taste between the two.
The reason, at least from what I've heard, is that compared to the thicker bottles, more carbonic acid evaporates through the thin walls of the PET ones, so they get pumped up with an extra dose of CO2. Which means that most of the time, they've either got way too much, or after some time none at all, so I try to stay away from the PET ones since they just taste much worse to me.

PS:
We got coke in glass bottles too, but only small ones - 0.5l I think. :)

Last edited:
^ Why would they even offer you the choice between being green and not being green?

Nestle water comes in those thin bottles here... I really hate the way the bottle flexes in your hand.

It's not about that green.

I believe the structure of HFCS is different than sugar, and so while your body recognises sugar and processes it, your body sees the HFCS and has no idea what to do, so it just stores it. Keep in mind that they have to do a bit of genetic modification in order to produce the HFCS, so it isn't "natural". Sugar is 100% natural.

I never knew that about HFCS!

This reminds me of partially hydrogenated oils. Your body doesn't know how to process it and just stores it. The worst part is that it is in EVERYTHING (not really, but you get the idea)

Good article about partially hydrogenated oils HERE if you're interested

Cheers

^ Why would they even offer you the choice between being green and not being green?

Nestle water comes in those thin bottles here... I really hate the way the bottle flexes in your hand.

I guess the PET bottles are just somehow cheaper and easier for the company, since they don't have the hassle of collecting used ones to refill them etc.

And yeah, I hate the way they squish even when you just take them in your hand too. The reusable ones are extremely sturdy in comparison, no kind of flex at all, and I've never seen one dented or broken.

*BUMP*

Well, I finally got to try Pepsi Throwback this week, as the local deli I eat at got some in. Excellent of course. A local Mexican restaurant also has the Mexican Coke in a glass bottle and it is fantastic.

Anyway, that's obviously not why I bumped an old thread. I hear that Costco now sells 24-bottle boxes of imported Mexican Coke, so I was wondering if anyone with a membership has seen it.

*BUMP*

Well, I finally got to try Pepsi Throwback this week, as the local deli I eat at got some in. Excellent of course. A local Mexican restaurant also has the Mexican Coke in a glass bottle and it is fantastic.

Anyway, that's obviously not why I bumped an old thread. I hear that Costco now sells 24-bottle boxes of imported Mexican Coke, so I was wondering if anyone with a membership has seen it.

While I'll agree that pepsi-with-sugar is way better than pepsi-with-HFCS, I can't say I've noticed a difference in taste between pepsi stored in glass, plastic or aluminum containers (all three are available here). :dunno:

Then you don't have a very refined palette. :p

Mountain Dew:
Best: Aluminum can (best when floating in a icewater bath for a while)
Worst: Panda Express fountain

Coke:
Best: Glass bottle
2nd Best: From a McDonald's cup, through a McDonald's straw. Don't know what it is about the Coke specifically from McDonald's, but it's better than any other chain
Worst: Burger King fountain

Pepsi:
Best: Can, or plastic bottle...I go either way.
2nd Best: Drinking glass, over ice
Worst: Most fountain