The "New Toys" Thread

PM me for viper's number.. I'll sell it cheap. ;)

Does this mean Vip' is gonna get his license soon? Because for most of us getting a first cell phone and a driver's license went hand in hand.

00921023000-1

Timing light with advance.

I was going to try and compare them to koss-something, but there wasn't a demo pair in the store :( I wanted to know first how well do they sit in the ear and whether they're noise insulating enough...

Both are pretty subjective, but from my still limited experience with them, i can say that they're very comfortable. They also block out a lot of noise, but nowhere near noise cancelling.

^ I have a pair of CX300s - do you think they're much better or haven't you compared them?

well i didn't had time to buy a filter to my ("amis-asennus") servers fan installation.

So i did this:

Amis_lisa%20(2).jpg

i used black tape to cover the hole left to the fan :D

I know I'm a day or so late with this, but I finally got my iMac on Thursday, which I got to help take the strain off my MacBook which had too small a hard drive and was struggling to run Photoshop and other programmes which I need at Uni.

http://img196.imageshack.**/img196/2876/dsc04235s.jpg

Tech Specs & options:

24" screen
2.66GHZ intel core 2 duo
4GB Memory
1TB hard drive
Apple keyboard with numeric keypad

With student discount this still cost a whopping ?1100, but it was worth it because I don't think I'll ever tire of this huge screen. Also took up the Apple offer of a free iPod which I got and going to give to my sister for her birthday in a few weeks time.

Both are pretty subjective, but from my still limited experience with them, i can say that they're very comfortable. They also block out a lot of noise, but nowhere near noise cancelling.

Yeah, and noise insulation is the first priority for me. Which is why it seems I need a pair of these, based on various test reports:

41yPy0LQPYL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Not sold in Finland, will have to find them elsewhere.

Yeah, and noise insulation is the first priority for me.

Yeah, it's far from first priority for me. I don't like blocking out my surroundings entirely, I find that I tend to shout a lot when I do that. And since i use these earbuds when studying at the office (mainly to block out a load obnoxious account manager guy), in the train and in the gym, it's nice to be able to hear some of my surroundings when I pause the music. Main priority was not falling out of my ears (which the Apple thingies did) and give me a decent sound quality. Both of these points are well addressed by the Sennheisers.

huh, why?

I convinced my mom to stick me on her family plan that she's on with my two sisters. Their plan has no Internet or text messaging, but it only costs me $10/mo + taxes and I got a free phone, so... :)

I convinced my mom to stick me on her family plan that she's on with my two sisters. Their plan has no Internet or text messaging, but it only costs me $10/mo + taxes and I got a free phone, so... :)

so you have to pay each text like the rest of the civiliced world :D
i don't even bother those plans, so I (read "my father") pays 0.06 eur per text.
and my share of his bill is 25-30 euros :D

^only he's in the US, so he probably has to pay for texts he receives, too! :p

OH i didn't know that, everyday you learn something new.

And to my tape installation, cpu, hd (c-drive) and overall temp has dropped 1 degree celsius :D

F&#*ing wireless companies stealing my money!

F&#*ing wireless companies stealing my money!

^only he's in the US, so he probably has to pay for texts he receives, too! :p

Not only that, but incoming calls use his minutes too. U.S. wireless carriers really do steal our money more than you think.

At least you don't get raped on data charges like we do here... and phones arrive there while they're at least still kind of new.

Yeah, and noise insulation is the first priority for me. Which is why it seems I need a pair of these, based on various test reports:

41yPy0LQPYL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Not sold in Finland, will have to find them elsewhere.

I have a pair of Shure E5's similar to that and they hurt to wear but they are really good at pulling wax out of my ears :(