Wacky Races - RACE THREAD

It'd be too structured to have the finish at PRECISELY xx:00:00 GMT. The human element throws a bit of a challenge in the finish. Everyone has an atomicly accurate clock.

I also want to announce my retirement of the Wacky Races coordinator. Send me a PM telling me why you should be that person, and I will pick appropriately to carry on the torch.

It has been fun, everyone! :)

OH NOES! :cry: We'll miss you!

I'd rather die than work for the Gro?reich. Screw this. Next year KUIPER Racing is going underground.

EDIT: Also, we'll miss you Jay!

Lupin: 5th place - not bad. Oh, and Bill, you're being sent to the Gro?reich embassy.
Shatner: What? Why me?
Lupin: You should be able to negotiate your way out.
Shatner: NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

veloceRACING: AFTERPARTY

The veloceRACING after party will be held at the veloceRACING skyCLUB located on the top floor of the veloceRACING FinalGear HQ.

All particpants are welcome. (Except VonSmythe)
veloceRACING: ENTENTE ALLIANCE

TO: All who wish to unite against VonSmythe and Der Grobeich

In recent light, VonSmythe has apparently taken over the wold. We are currently the only corporation in the world at the moment capable of withstanding this and we propose to unite every race team currently operating to join us in the to be formed U.R (United.Racers) in a united front against VonSmythe. We will allow you to continue operating as completely independent companies and will serve as financial backers as well.

Sincerely
veloceRACING

Last edited:
I also want to announce my retirement of the Wacky Races coordinator. Send me a PM telling me why you should be that person, and I will pick appropriately to carry on the torch.

It has been fun, everyone! :)

And I repeat...

[youtube]WWaLxFIVX1s[/youtube]

DSRacing wishes to announce that it has suspended all activities, and all assets (with the exception of DKADS, deliberation of the sale of which is still underway) are currently up for sale. All employees and drivers have been let go, and all partnerships have been severed. And so, goodbye...

Last edited:
Final Gear Wacky Race Summer 2009 - RESULTS
22px-D-A-CH_Flag.svg.png
VonSmythe/Gro?reich - Rolls-Royce Von Smythe Signature Series (darkshark0159)
22px-Flag_of_Israel.svg.png
Team FM - Austin Metro Vanden Plas (Final Daihatsu)
22px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
DSRacing - Triumph Daytona 675 (American TG Man)
22px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png
TeamKuiper - Kuiper K02 (Nereid)
Scorched Earth - 1969 Pontiac Grand Prix (Lupin_IV)
Team RF1 - Ford Nucleon (racingfan1)
22px-Flag_of_the_Isle_of_Man.svg.png
Espace F1 - Renault Espace F1 (vikiradTG2007)
veloceRACING - 2009 Pagani Zonda Cinque (LeMans GTR)
Team Marlboro Avus - Avus Performance "WHITE POWER" Audi RS6 (Donington)
Feraname - International MXT-MV (nouseferaname90)
Team Shothouse - 1970 Plymouth Superbird (matt2000)??
22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
RG's Racing - 1968 Holden Monaro GTS (Richmondgal)

Have not finished:
xx.
22px-Flag_of_Australia.svg.png
Scuderia Gman-Lurker Brown Shakedown - George Foremanator (Gman333-X-ferrari)?
xx.
Team 70s - 1978 Morris Marina (captain_70s)
xx.
22px-Flag_of_Canada.svg.png
F.A.I.L. - Tandem bicycle (cdbob)

Disqualified:
xx.
22px-Flag_of_India.svg.png
Team Freeman - Tata NANO (hail2tfreeman)

Withdrew:
xx.
22px-Flag_of_the_Soviet_Union.svg.png
Team CrzRsn - Custom Zil-41047 Liftback (CrazyRussian540)
xx.
22px-Flag_of_None.svg.png
Scuderia KaJuN-Lincoln - Vehicle TBA (KaJuN)

? Defending champion
? Previous Wacky Race winner

Last edited:
Just remember this: If you become the race coordinator, that means you cannot participate, or at the very least, come at or near last. It is only fair.

So think about this carefully!

It'd probably be a bad time to reveal that our million-and-one-use powder is formulated from ground-up Gro?reich P.O.W.s, wouldn't it...

...and across the line!

(Stupid fucking fuckbag of a computer crashed literally on the dot of the race ending, I had to wait half an hour before it worked again. I suspect foul play.)

It's been fun guys. Thanks for this Jayhawk.

^^Yes. Don't worry, Sergiu has a hideout somewhere in the Kalahari.

This will probably be the last Wacky Races I do. I had the time to write a funny backstory and keep with much of the race in the first one, but haven't been able to do so since. It's been great though, I love the stories you guys think up along the way. The last few though, I missed too much of it.

As they say in Lethal Weapon, I'm too old for this shit!

Just remember this: If you become the race coordinator, that means you cannot participate, or at the very least, come at or near last. It is only fair.

So think about this carefully!

Yeah, whoever is the next race steward needs to become completely uninvolved in race politics (like Jayhawk). There's just too much risk for cheating... :p

I'm willing to retire Von Smythe from the racing circuit and organise the race if needed. I have no strong alliances with anyone else, so I can be unbiased. It would be good to return the race to its wacky roots, because I'm concerned that the current race format is becoming too much like a shrinking exclusive club.

I predict a fourth race to be quite a failure anyway, though. :/

Yeah, whoever is the next race steward needs to become completely uninvolved in race politics (like Jayhawk).

vikirad, you up for it?

Actually, I like the idea of darkshark electing for race co-ordinator. Because think about it, he owns the teams now. And it's going to be pretty boring for him and the rest of us if we are obliged to let him win.

Last edited:
vikirad, you up for it?

I PMed Jay about 20 minutes ago. Anyway, I don't think my team is up for another race. The engine lunched itself over the line, the car fell apart, the spare cars got totaled as the others finished and crashed into them...

Actually, I like the idea of darkshark electing for race co-ordinator. Because think about it, he owns the teams now. And it's going to be pretty boring for him and the rest of us if we are obliged to let him win.

:rolleyes: That's why Race Control needs to stay independent from this conflict.

Last edited:
I PMed Jay about 20 minutes ago.

:rolleyes: That's why Race Control needs to stay independent from this conflict.

Right then. Sounds good. Just don't go changing the rules to "No POLITICS" or something. :)