Random Thoughts... [Entertainment Edition]

Well, I did migrate to Win XP SP2 a few years ago :) But I am not moving to SP3, or Vista...
I may consider Windows 7 next year, we'll see.

SP3 is just a collection of bug fixes. It won't change any behavior*.

*It does change how new imaged accounts are created (no longer defaults to copying the admin account to default user), but this isn't something non corporate users will run into.

One of the reasons why I love DOS/Win95/Win98 is because they were simple and yet...you needed a lot of skills to learn how to keep them on tracks and use them.

The new Windows' are made so that people with IQ less than 100 can claim they have "excellent computer skills" because they know how to send/receive e-mails and even created their own blog.
It makes me mad.

Well... if you like to feel elitist and you like to jump through unnecessary hoops to do something simple, there's always Linux. ;)

Seriously though, you can't be upset that they tried to make computers more user-friendly and therefore accessible to a greater number of people. Many, many less households had computers in 1995 compared to now... and even though that's due to many other things (advent of the internet, much cheaper hardware) there is something to be said for ease of use.

While the SP2 was a crucial update on the WinXP OS, the SP3 was utterly useless. It didn't improve anything, just unnecessary updates some things.

Well... if you like to feel elitist and you like to jump through unnecessary hoops to do something simple, there's always Linux. ;)

Seriously though, you can't be upset that they tried to make computers more user-friendly and therefore accessible to a greater number of people. Many, many less households had computers in 1995 compared to now... and even though that's due to many other things (advent of the internet, much cheaper hardware) there is something to be said for ease of use.

I agree to an extent. But I still think it's unfair. Nowadays, when people apply for a job they all put "excellent computer skills" in their resumes. Which we all know isn't true most of the time.

Last edited:
Don't get excited, but i may have found a way to get all HIGNFY seasons, from the beginning, and onto an ftp, details later

I only found out about 'Web Therapy' today, it's such a brilliant 'show', it's a simple yet awesome idea, it's funny, improvised and stars Lisa Kudrow... what more do you need? :cool:

p.s. Each episode is only about 5-mins long... all the episodes are on Hulu and Youtube.

Why in the world would anyone like "Boom Boom Pow"? I have never thought of a song that is as bad as this one in recent years. Somehow it's managed to be one of the hit songs of this country which makes me sick.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F444CELomo[/YOUTUBE]

I just got Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box for free...and I didn't get it by torrenting, or by someone giving it to me... ;)

Anybody watch the show Breaking Bad?

It's a really superb black comedy from a network I don't even remember... I think it's AMC or TMC or something. At any rate, take a gander if you like black comedies since this is the best I've seen in a long while.

breaking-bad.jpg

Why in the world would anyone like "Boom Boom Pow"? I have never thought of a song that is as bad as this one in recent years. Somehow it's managed to be one of the hit songs of this country which makes me sick.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F444CELomo[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, that is fairly terrible.

Glastonbury Festival 2009 26th -29th June 2009 (UK)

Glastonbury Festival 2009 26th -29th June 2009 (UK)

Wkipedia said:
The Glastonbury Festival of Contemporary Performing Arts, commonly abbreviated to Glastonbury or Glasto, is the largest greenfield music and performing arts festival in the world.The festival is best known for its contemporary music, but also features dance, comedy, theatre, circus, cabaret and many other arts.

For 2005, the enclosed area of the festival was over 900 acres (3.6 km?), had over 385 live performances and was attended by around 150,000 people.

In 2007, over 700 acts played on over 80 stages and the capacity expanded by 20,000 to 177,000

Glastonbury Festival 2009 Full Line Up ? Click Here

This is just part of the line up for only the three main stages for the three days:
Friday 26th June 2009
Pyramid Stage:

Neil Young
The Specials
Lily Allen
N*E*R*D
Fleet Foxes
Special Guests
Regina Spektor
Gabrielle Cilmi
Bj?rn Again

Other Stage:
Bloc Party
The Ting Tings
Lady GaGa
Friendly Fires
White Lies
The View
The Maccabees
The Rakes
The Whip
Mr Hudson

Saturday 27th June 2009
Pyramid Stage:

Bruce Springsteen &
The E Street Band
Kasabian
Crosby, Stills & Nash
Dizzee Rascal
Spinal Tap
Eagles Of Death Metal
Tinariwen
VV Brown

Other Stage:
Franz Ferdinand
Pendulum
Maximo Park
Paolo Nutini
Peter Doherty
The Script
Jason Mraz
Metric
Peter, Bjorn and John
The Broken Family Band

Sunday 28th June 2009
Pyramid Stage:

Blur
Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds
Madness
Tom Jones
Amadou & Mariam
Tony Christie
Status Quo
Easy Star All-Stars

Other Stage:
The Prodigy
Glasvegas
Bon Iver
Bat For Lashes
Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Enter Shikari
Brand New
Art Brut
The Boxer Rebellion
In Case Of Fire

Shown live on the BBC throughout the weekend, keep an eye out on the internets for d/ls of your favourote bands. :cool:

I'm stuck.

I have some HD movies I've ripped, want to play them on my PS3 but... my computer with the files is upstairs, PS3 is downstairs, the only way to get the movies to the PS3 is to load them on my external hdd, wirelessly watch them (slow as fuck though), put a computer next to the PS3 (would need to build a new one, no $$) or redo my room to fit my tv and PS3.

Gimme ideas :love:

Well, yeah, you basically just went through all the ways to transfer media from your PC to PS3 ;)

I would have to say the external HDD or streaming would be your best bet, but if those don't work, there's not much else you can do.

I like the idea of redo'ing my room. It's about that time to redo it again... or the external hdd. Hmmm

Anybody watch the show Breaking Bad?

It's a really superb black comedy from a network I don't even remember... I think it's AMC or TMC or something. At any rate, take a gander if you like black comedies since this is the best I've seen in a long while.

I just finished this show (well the two seasons that have aired) and it's really fantastic... thought I'd recommend it again.

It got a little contrived near the end of season 2, which is a shame since the realism is one of the best aspects of this show. Still, I watch a lot of TV and I've not seen any shows that haven't gone down in quality at all after the initial season.

Anyway, if anyone is looking for new shows to watch I'd recommend this... it was so good that I keep thinking I skipped some episodes. There's 20 total, but I was enjoying myself so much it honestly feels like I've seen maybe 4-5 hours.

Call of Juarez!

The sequel to the best western video game ever made is out tomorrow!

Just finished viewing all three seasons of Avatar: The Last Airbender and I have to say that the series was quite exquisite. I suggest it for anyone seeking satisfying entertainment.

If you thought "The fast and the furious" was bad, have a look at this little masterpiece!!

I like how the poster has a GT-R on it even though it isn't in the movie.

EDIT: I just did a youtube search for it and found this. It's so bad it's unintentional comedy gold.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A03-THaPJcI[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited: