Other Random Car Sightings [Photo Required]

^ It is American. It probably wasn't supposed to have the huge gaps, it just sort of happens. :p

I love that Type III up there. :thumbup:

IIRC AMC died out around what, 1982-83? That's when integrated bumpers came into style (as opposed to the floating chrome bumpers that were not seamless to the body).

I'm not even sure if AMC did that or if it's aftermarket, but it's obviously a cheapie way to look somewhat close to integrated bumpers.

I saw a continental flying spur the other day. they are so common that I don't bother with taking pictures of them. And after being driven in one, I don't see what the fuss is about. In fact, the owner of it said that he would rather have a lexus or Merc as a luxury car, but they are too common.

but in orange county, I saw a continental flying spur centipedeing through traffic with another continental gt.

I had a flying spur speed for the weekend recently, I'd have it over any lexus or merc!

^ It is American. It probably wasn't supposed to have the huge gaps, it just sort of happens. :p

I love that Type III up there. :thumbup:

Yeah I was going to say it's an American car from the late 60's or early 70's from a now defunct car company...:lol:

Mmmm, I saw a big red Viper today. Haven't seen any vipers for a long while... they're almost always red too, hmm...

Audi S2 Sedan spotted! One out of 306 made methinks, gonna bring the camera next time. :)

Saw a Ford Flex... at first I thought it was a horse carrier, but it looks pretty good for a box car actually.

I really need to keep my camera on me. Yesterday I saw a 1970's Fiat Spider, 2 Lada Nivas, a Cobra Kit car, A Countach kit car, a Citroen 2CV, a 1950's Ford pickup, and a couple of 50's GMs'. All on or parked of to the side of the main road through town.

Saw a Ford Flex... at first I thought it was a horse carrier, but it looks pretty good for a box car actually.

Hmmm, no, nope, not seeing it. How much do I need to squint my eyes when I pull up behind one?

love the RX-7 but the headlights on the mid 90's Mustang and wheels on the black Boxter are both atrocious, what were they thing? :dunno:

love the RX-7 but the headlights on the mid 90's Mustang and wheels on the black Boxter are both atrocious, what were they thing? :dunno:

I imagine the Mustang owner was thinking "Golly gee whiz, I can't see a damned thing at night because these stock headlight reflector housings are utter crap."

...wheels on the black Boxter are atrocious...

Also note the elderly driver (judging by his wife/gf sitting next to him) with his "too small for his head" Porsche cap :rolleyes:

edit: You can't actually see from that angle how small the cap looked on his head, I had a second photo from behind which showed it quite clearly.

Last edited:
Finally a possible explanation why Homer_Bart's pictures are always everything else than centred and even. ;)

Greetings, lip

Hey! I don't have great cameras or photography skills like you guys do :p

Reactions: lip
Seen today:

Souped up Pontiac Trans-Am (Borderline carbage from my point of view)
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2009/07/03/transam.JPG

Packard (probably a Single Six?)
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/li/lipadier/2009/07/03/packard.JPG

Greetings, lip

Hey! I don't have great cameras or photography skills like you guys do :p

Even a Hasselblad costing as much as a brand new sports car won't center and even your photos for you. ;)

Making your pictures straight and even is one of the easiest ways to improve ones photography, because no point and shooter ever bothers making their photos straight... other than leaving red eye as is, uneven photos are probably the most common sign of careless photography.

Not that I think a thread like this deserves only perfect pictures, just commenting since the topic was brought up. :)

Reactions: lip
I saw this R8 parked outside some nearby townhouses

http://img7.imageshack.**/img7/9292/sspx1280.jpg

Saw this a few days ago, looks like it's a really old car

http://img132.imageshack.**/img132/7227/06302009454.jpg

Just a side note, the Mini Cooper S looks quite good in red actually.