A popular website for watching TG is down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dieter Cabral

Car(s)
2012 M3. 2020 Seat Ateca
:no::no:

I did a search in the forums and I couldn't find anything on this subject, sorry if the topic has already been posted elsewhere.

--------------------

Ok, so I was going to watch a TG episode here in my office and when I tried hessmo it was down...ish

here's the message I found

Due to a request from the BBC, the website will be taken down.

I had been told in the past through unofficial channels that as long as I didn't offer direct downloads, they would leave me alone, but that is apparently no longer the case.

It has been a wild ride, and you never know, if I find a less cooperative host in the future, I may start the site back up, but in the meantime, if I find another site like this, I will post up a link here, so keep checking back.

In the meantime, you can still get all of your Top Gear episodes fairly easily using a combination of Finalgear.com and a free account at btaccel.com.

Not as convenient as just going to the site and watching the video, but at least it doesn't involve uploading for hours, and your ISP is none the wiser

To the BBC:

This site was on track for 7.5 million hits this month. You have a HUGE number of dedicated fans all over the world that are trying desperatedly to get at some Top Gear. I get tons of emails on a daily basis asking where to buy Top Gear on DVD, so even if you don't offer a free solution like the iPlayer or offering episodes on Hulu, your fans will jump at the opportunity to get Top Gear in an official maner.

Contact

If you want to send the BBC an email about their decision to close this site, here is where you should do it.

-----------------

If Quicky or Viper feel the need to remove this thread due to bbc rubbish... feel free to do it

---------------------

NOOOOO!!!!, DAMN!

Hessmo.com was/Is just THE possibility to get TG without downloading outside the UK, and NOT in the US (well ok, the only one I know)

I'll Write to the BBC too.

Thanks for the Info!!

And I hope they car reload Hessmo.com

Last edited:
you think its a good idea to post that name here? ...... this is probably the first place and the first topic the bbc will look.......

"I'm going to write an angry letter to the BBC and I don't care if they don't read it"

-should I use that as the subject title?

Unfortunately, that site just redirects you to the Hessmo stream anyway.

Back to hunting for fileshare/megaupload etc files to download on sunday afternoons.

I doubt the British Broadcasting Corporation will put Top Gear on Hulu when people in Britain can't watch anything on it anyways!

That annoys me sometimes, although I see where they are coming from.

This must have just happened, because I was on Hessmo about ten hours ago. I just donated to them about a week ago, too.

FFFFFFUUUUUU-

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!I loved that site sooooo damn much!!! and I've been using it for years back in the days where it was just megavideo links...

I cant believe it's now gone!! it was the only way to get a proper and good quality stream of Top Gear at a fraction of a torrent download!!!

If it wasnt for Hessmo I would never of been able to watch all Top Gear episodes or even watch it now or be as big of a fan as I am now.

Hessmo if your reading this I really want to thank you for everything you have done and all the money, hours and trouble you put into that site. Your amazing dedication for always getting new episodes up in less than 24 hours and bringing new content which wasnt just Top Gear was simply amazing!! Thank you for everything you have done for us!

I have just sent a very strong complaint to the BBC. I've also sent an email to Top Gear UK to see if I can get a response from them.

sigh.. now i have to download the torrent for this sundays ep... there goes my small bandwidth..

Last edited:
Sad to see it go, but a long time ago I grabbed everything off of various FTPs and burned to DVDs.

Never heard of the site, but, the BBC is very protective over its copyrights and have in the past targeted this site. And back in the day this site did something like that, and was told to take it down.
So I am not shocked. And you can already get streaming Top Gear via the iPlayer but its for the UK only, tho their is a way around it.

that sucks...Hessmo.com was the only way that I could watch TG here in Sweden...

I was watching a episode on that site only a few hours ago...my older brother will be pissed when he comes home...oh geez.

that sucks...Hessmo.com was the only way that I could watch TG here in Sweden...

I was watching a episode on that site only a few hours ago...my older brother will be pissed when he comes home...oh geez.
You do know you can acquire the episode, and watch it on your PC/TV as well right?

Clearly you guys have never heard of the site where all the ninjas gather. Top Gear is uploaded there just a couple hours after it airs every week.

The BBC e-mail address probably has a filter to ignore e-mails not originating from the UK... ;)

Or it gets routed to /dev/null

Since I became unemployed and I don't get BBC america on cable. This was my only source was his site. Guess I'll have to get back on getting hooked on crack and heroin to get my fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.