Super Owned: Wife plows into brand new Z06..... in her Hyundai Genesis

Highwaystar22

I kinda feel bad for the couple, but this was super hilarious. Glad no one was seriously hurt though. On a busy motorway, that could have been rough. Click through for the full story and more pics.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/02/double-oops-wife-plows-into-mans-new-chevy-corvette-z06-in/

z06-accident580x.jpg

Last edited:
Did someone say divorce?

Like I always say, cars + women = dead dog accidents.

hahaha my first thought. Then stick her with the insurance bills for all three vehicles. I hope they have really good coverage.

Here the Z06 would still legally be property of the car dealership.. So that one wouldn't be a problem for the couple, but still.

And the third car would be covered as well..

Last edited:
Wait wait, she was behind him, he stopped and she hit him? Why is the damage all on the FRONT of both cars then? To do that she would have to swerve away then somehow back into him and judging by the damage to the front of her car she would have had to T-bone it. What the hell.

I read about this on Jalopnik earlier. She hit the 'Vette so hard it was pushed into the car in front, which is the third car in this whole sorry affair.

Wait wait, she was behind him, he stopped and she hit him? Why is the damage all on the FRONT of both cars then? To do that she would have to swerve away then somehow back into him and judging by the damage to the front of her car she would have had to T-bone it. What the hell.

Several parts of the Z06 are carbon fibre, which, as you should know, is stronger than metal. The back of the car is fibre-glass and flexed without breaking, when the Hyundai hit it.

Does seem that something is amiss. He must have rear-ended another car.

^If the two of you would have bothered to read the article it clearly says that the z06 was pushed into another car.

Does seem that something is amiss. He must have rear-ended another car.

To clear up what should've been clear by reading the article :p (and which matt actually already said too, more or less):
As traffic slowed from 60 mph to 30 mph in the exit lane, zedbuyers applied the brakes, but his wife evidently didn't. The Genesis slammed into the hours-old Z06, thrusting the $80,000 supercar into the vehicle in front of it.

e/
ffs karoug! Don't steal my (measly) thunder, dammit!

Last edited:
http://www.genesisowners.com/hyundai-genesis-forum/showthread.php?p=24051#post24051

LOL I knew it when I saw the pictures and it said Mass.
95/93 intersection. This falls into the thread about over 50% of accidents are due to poorly constructed roadways and Mass being one of the worst states. basically what happens is there are two exits going out and two more going in, at this point the lanes also merge from 4 down to 3. So you have 2 exits worth of people trying to merge in to two lanes worth of cars. It is one of the worst places for accidents in the whole state.

There's something wrong with the title of that thread...

'My Genesis Wife Hit My Z06'

Better

To clear up what should've been clear by reading the article :p (and which matt actually already said too, more or less):

e/
ffs karoug! Don't steal my (measly) thunder, dammit!

As you said yourself, Matt had already pointed it out! Blame him instead! :p

http://www.genesisowners.com/hyundai-genesis-forum/showthread.php?p=24051#post24051

LOL I knew it when I saw the pictures and it said Mass.
95/93 intersection. This falls into the thread about over 50% of accidents are due to poorly constructed roadways and Mass being one of the worst states. basically what happens is there are two exits going out and two more going in, at this point the lanes also merge from 4 down to 3. So you have 2 exits worth of people trying to merge in to two lanes worth of cars. It is one of the worst places for accidents in the whole state.

Mass is RUBBISH!!! I was there in May and couldn't believe it. I was in Boston, but went over to Newport, RI a few times. Like every offramp goes from two or three lanes to ONE lane with no lines or anything. You've got drivers all over the place. In Newton, like a mile or two outside of downtown Boston, there are these crazy combination overpasses where traffic from opposing directions have to meet and merge to go over the overpass. It's crazy.

It's amazing we are not all dead. I'm willing to also bet that part of the reason they all crashed is they like everyone else here were tailgating and not using their directional. At 60mph we leave about one car length.

It's amazing we are not all dead. I'm willing to also bet that part of the reason they all crashed is they like everyone else here were tailgating and not using their directional. At 60mph we leave about one car length.

You're telling me. I thought FL was bad until I went up there. It's worse than NJ, NY, and PA. I've never seen that while visiting family up there. Eh, it is what it is. Survival of the fittest. lol

I kinda feel bad for the couple, but this was super hilarious. Glad no one was seriously hurt though. On a busy motorway, that could have been rough. Click through for the full story and more pics.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/07/02/double-oops-wife-plows-into-mans-new-chevy-corvette-z06-in/

im sure to get some neg rep for this statement, but:

thats what you get for buying a Corvette. Overrated. (IMO)

You're telling me. I thought FL was bad until I went up there. It's worse than NJ, NY, and PA. I've never seen that while visiting family up there. Eh, it is what it is. Survival of the fittest. lol

Fl isnt that bad, its the people that come down for the winter that make it bad. (snowbirds)

Lets see, wife smashes into car, and is now feeling remorseful.

Sounds like the perfect time for this guy to, um, get some action :wicked: