Test Drive Unlimited 2: Wanna get dirty?

Vltros

Car(s)
2011 Honda CR-Z 1977 Ford Fiesta MK1
Since the First TDU was a critical and comercial success, it seemed logical that we would get a sequel to the M.M.O.R. Some rumours were circulation the internet: including offroad vehicles and bigger map extension.

But after the critical and commercial fail of Alone In the Dark, and the internal changes in Atari it seemed that we wouldn't be getting a TDU2.

But it seems not everything's lost:

If we are to believe the rumors, Atari and Eden Studios are still working on Test Drive Unlimited 2. Reality might be quite close since knowledgeable forumers just released a big round of artworks which speak volumes about new possibilities for this long awaited sequel. First details to emerge are Off-road circuits and new classes of vehicles including SUVs, buggies, motocross and ATVs. We still have no information regarding a release date.

There are some pictures inside:

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_8165_en.html

What do you think? I really would love to see a sequel to TDU . I think the filled the gap left by the old Need For Speeds.

OMFG I'd love it!

Yes, do want, but only if they sort the bugs before they release it on pc.

I'll reserve my excitement for when there are actual in game screens released.

Concept art can be very misleading.

i loved TDU, i had it on X-Box before i graduated to the PS3 and i can only hope it comes out for PS3. any idea on the release date? car list? ect...

Sounds good, but what's this about SUVs and crap?

Was the first game good? Never bothered with it but now might be a good time to pick it up cheap and be ready for the sequel.

Was the first game good? Never bothered with it but now might be a good time to pick it up cheap and be ready for the sequel.
It's great. Miles and miles of roads and a great mix of sim and arcade (more on the sim side than arcade thankfully).

it was very different. i loved that you could be driving around and see other real players out there racing past you. i also loved that you really could go on a test drive of dealer cars. just a great game.

TDU was always the game that could have been, but wasn't. To me at least. The sound quality, physics and a few other things were just sub-par, even for the time.

I like the concept a lot, I played TDU for a long time. But it wasn't that great with the MS wheel, on the Xbox at least. The force feedback was pretty wonkey.

Offroad is a good way to expand the game. There was tons of unused real estate in TDU that could've featured offroad tracks and things.

Test Drive: Offroad was one of the first games I ever owned. It was so fun.

TDU was also really fun, albeit a bit sub par in some parts. But if they can fix all the deficiencies of the first game and add in some sweet trucks I'd buy it.

I hope to god this happens. I still play TDU a lot, there's just so much to do!

EDIT: Some supposed in game screen shots

Driving School
tdu2_checkpoint01.jpg

tdu2_racingschool01.jpg

Dealership
tdu2_cardealer01.jpg

Map
tdu2_map01.jpg

Menu (concept)
tdu2_mainmenuconcept.jpg

Shader Test
tdu2_ingameshader01.jpg

Character
tdu2_ingameavatar01.jpg

Source: http://forum.tdu-central.com/showthread.php?t=8787

Last edited:
I'd love to see a TDU2. I had some huge fun with the first, but it always felt like a beta. Almost to an amazing game, but a few kinks that had to be delt with. Hardcore mode was bugged, sounds were lackluster for some cars, the netcode was horrible, and you could only see 8 other players at a time. If those things could be fixed for TDU2, I wouldn't even care about a graphics bump. It would instantly create one of the most epic games of all time.

Those screens that napoleondyna posted are old :/

I don't even know if its a reality anymore.

I do want it though

I will go through the roof with excitement if they officially confirm TDU2

I spent so much time playing TDU im not sure I even want to know the total... and I still play it sometimes!

If they make TDU2 just like TDU but with none of the problems and bugs, add more cars, different types of vehicles, and more area to drive on, it could well be the only drving game I would ever need!

There needs to be more muscle cars. The Camaro and Mustang were fun to drive, but game makers need to realise there are more muscle cars out there than ust the basic, Camaro, Mustang, Challenger, Chevelle, Charger... What about Torino's... or El Caminos/Rancheros they are never in any games. How about Falcons or Nova's. I could go on.

I thought that TDU never got the "feel" of the cars right, if they can sort that out it should be an epic game!