The who have Top Gear insulted this week thread

Hmm, after reading their Wikipedia page, I might have to rephrase that. I only knew them from their anti-fur campaigns and some other non extreme activities. :|

I can send you a PM with what happened when I was living near them if you're ever interested. Unfortunately PETA and "the ethical treatment of animals" aren't the same thing.

PETA is the most ludicrous group of animal-rights nazis. You know they put down more animals every year than any other organization? And their president is kept alive on pig-produced insulin?

Bunch of hypocritical terrorists. I really hate them.

PETA is the most ludicrous group of animal-rights nazis. You know they put down more animals every year than any other organization? And their president is kept alive on pig-produced insulin?

Bunch of hypocritical terrorists. I really hate them.

Whenever I think of PETA, all I can think of is that South Park ep where they all live in this retreat, and have sex with animals...:blink:

Also...this is a group that involves Heather Mills...if that doesn't scream alarm bells at people...I don't know what does:?

PETA seems to be about making people ashamed to be vegetarians.

I can send you a PM with what happened when I was living near them if you're ever interested. Unfortunately PETA and "the ethical treatment of animals" aren't the same thing.

Why not post it? I'd certainly be interested.

Meanwhile...

It's Tuesday and noone appeared to have complained yet. :(
The boys are slipping! ;)

Because it hurts me to think about it, but I'll post anyway.

PETA puts down more animals per capita in their private shelter than any other. They believe animals are better off dead than in any shelter, period. They've been known to destroy shelters (i.e. burn down) they felt didn't live up to their standards. Many members believe animals should not be kept as pets at all and are better off dead than as a pet regardless of quality of care.

When I was living in VA they sent some employees up state under the guise of taking animals from an over crowded shelter to a less crowded one so they could be adopted into loving homes. Every animal they took was immediately euthanized in a van (not a veterinary clinic RV, a van) and disposed of in a garbage bag, in a dumpster, in the parking lot of a mall. Because they had been careful to avoid any and all written records the employees were only charged with improper disposal of a dead animal. It's just sick and is by no means an isolated incident. The were known to come into shelters in the area and actually legally adopt animals only to euthanize them. I can't bring myself to read any more about them. I love animals too much.

I love animals too much too. The A/RSPCA is the more kind association and wants animals to go to good homes.

Last edited:
Much like the previous poster, i much prefer the RSPCA to PETA since the RSPCA are genuinely interested in the welfare and good treatment of animals but aren't so completely ott about things. My current dog is a rescue dog and she's from the good folks at Battersea Dogs Home. I've visted there a few times and i've never seen such a great place for animals. Wasn't even a case of where i just turned up, picked a dog and i walked off with it. I had to register with them, they asked me questions to ensure that any dog would be properly cared for and although i was free to walk around they also helped me with seeing a few dogs which met what i was looking for.
It was by the second visit to Battersea that i saw my dog, a 6 month old collie crossbreed puppy who had been abandoned. They had given her the name bubbles (which was very apt) and knew immediately that this was going to be my dog. Although the only thing i did change was her name. There was no way i was going to take her out for walks and yell out "Bubbles!"
To this day i still give money to Battersea, i was so impressed with what i saw there that i knew it would be a good charity to donate to. Even though i was really impressed there, i've always said i could never work there nor for the RSPCA either since if i ever turned up at a place where animals had been mistreated i would very likely end up committing worse acts on those who had harmed the animals in the first place.

Thanks for the link.
Never knew about a Aston Martins dealer complaining.
Also people complained that a TG repeat was not shown it not often people moan that there are not enough repeats shown on tv.:lol:

glad you like it.
and you're right, this is the first time I've heard someone complain that there are not enough repeats on TV, it's always the other way around haha

It was by the second visit to Battersea that i saw my dog, a 6 month old collie crossbreed puppy who had been abandoned. They had given her the name bubbles (which was very apt) and knew immediately that this was going to be my dog. Although the only thing i did change was her name. There was no way i was going to take her out for walks and yell out "Bubbles!"

Not a Michael Jackson fan then, are you? :p

Not a Michael Jackson fan then, are you? :p

kidding me, i've got a thousand jokes i could have made and i've not been able to use them since i'd probably end up getting the season ticket equivalent of a grand cruise of hell on the hellbus.

I wonder if you ring the phone line if you get a real person?

"Thank you for calling the BBC complaints hotline.
If you want to complain about anything brought up in tonight's The One Show, press 1.
If you have any issues about tonight's episode of Eastenders, press 2.
If you have any complaints about Top Gear or anything Jeremy Clarkson said, please press 3.
If you want to complain about any aspect of our news coverage, press 4.
If you have any complaints about any of our other programmes, please press 5.

*beep*

You have pressed...3, Top Gear or anything Jeremy Clarkson said.
Press 1 to lodge your complaint.
Press 2 to delete your complaint to escape any embaressment.
Press 3 if you have lodged your complaint to hear a recording of Jeremy Clarkson laughing mirthlessly at you.
Press 4 to terminate this call altogether to save what ever dignity you have left.

*beep*

You have pressed...4.
Good choice.

Thank you, and have a nice day...and get a hobby."

Something like that I'd reckon :cool:

I wonder if you ring the phone line if you get a real person?
haha, If i lived in the UK I would give it a call, but I live in the middle-of-nowhere USA (aka Nebraska)

"Thank you for calling the BBC complaints hotline.
If you want to complain about anything brought up in tonight's The One Show, press 1.
If you have any issues about tonight's episode of Eastenders, press 2.
If you have any complaints about Top Gear or anything Jeremy Clarkson said, please press 3.
If you want to complain about any aspect of our news coverage, press 4.
If you have any complaints about any of our other programmes, please press 5.

*beep*

You have pressed...3, Top Gear or anything Jeremy Clarkson said.
Press 1 to lodge your complaint.
Press 2 to delete your complaint to escape any embaressment.
Press 3 if you have lodged your complaint to hear a recording of Jeremy Clarkson laughing mirthlessly at you.
Press 4 to terminate this call altogether to save what ever dignity you have left.

*beep*

You have pressed...4.
Good choice.

Thank you, and have a nice day...and get a hobby."

Something like that I'd reckon :cool:

I haven't laughed that hard in days.
congrats +1 rep :D