Awesome Thread

hmms.....any arad oil sjeiks out there willing to build a car around that? .....this guy had the right idea , just up the scale some more :mrgreen:

7c8a81c9-ea14-44af-84bd-6ba430029bd4.jpg

Sheikh Zayed is long gone :(

But, I've been there before- It's the "Rainbow" Sheikh's museum of cars. He has a series of rainbow Mercs, a lifted '76 450 SL with monster truck tires, the "world" car and a host of other neat cars. And an LM002. There's a Motorworld episode in the UAE.

Ah, I remember watching Clarkson's Motorworld... first time I'd seen that thing.

https://pic.armedcats.net/b/bl/blayde/2009/07/09/070909_bsg_1.jpg

That's nothing compared to that engines big brother, the 14 cylinder version

Maximum power: 108,920 hp at 102 rpm
Maximum torque: 5,608,312 lb/ft ( 7595222 Nm) at 102rpm

" Even at its most efficient power setting, the big 14 consumes 1,660 gallons of heavy fuel oil per hour."

Clicky

It's my understanding that they start those engines at the shipyard and they never quit running.

I happen to think sci-fi's arent awesome just an opinion but Ive always found them stupid and just trying to be dramatic when its impossable to take them seriously.

That's because you either have very poor taste or have not seen any good sci-fi. I guess there is also the possibility that not everyone likes everything that I do, but that's just ridiculous.

I don't like scifi normally, but I think Galactica is quite good.

And Spruce Goose is awesome. :thumbup:

It's my understanding that they start those engines at the shipyard and they never quit running.

They do rarely shut down the engine, in times for major overhauls... when starting these big engines,the preparation takes quite a long time, fuel has to be warm enough for the viscosity, oil system has to be primed, cooling for every system available has to be prepared... after all of this things are done the crew admits compressed air into the cylinders and finally starting the engine by admitting fuel into the cylinders....

just to put the powerful engine one-upping to an end... :D

ap11-KSC-69PC-413HR.jpg

SaturnV.jpg

knowing people on here, im almost sure there are some Saturn V's in here already... but there hasnt been any in a while so :p

I thought i'd just swing the topic back to awesome ships! This is the Danish Absalon which has been chasing pirates for the last 8 months or so.. Simply an awesome looking ship imo!:cool:

Attachments

• AbsalonDK.jpg
    AbsalonDK.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 70
  • dsc_0013.jpg
    dsc_0013.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 76