Random Thoughts....

Visit some more rural area and hang out at the local pub/bar so you don't feel like a tourist?

Wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf.

So I'm thinking of applying to graduate programs in astronomy and astrophysics, right? I'm focused on 3-4 things atm, in order of most to least important (more really current priority to future priority): Regular GRE/GPA/Physics GRE/Letters of rec.

I'm planning on finishing up the regular GRE by August/September and focusing on other issues. I don't want to completely be overconfident, so I'm taking an online course and reading up on supplemental material.

I started checking out some of the sample verbal questions (which is the bane of my existance really), and there was one fill in the blank question like this.

Q. Despite her reputation as a laid-back person, the professor announced that she would no longer ____ students arriving late for class.

A. Punish
B. Countenance
C. Evince
D. Regale
E. Portray

When I saw this I ruled out A and B thinking B meant "face". I didn't know what evince meant but I had ruled out portray and regale. So I chose C out of elimination. Turns out countenance has an alternate definition meaning "tolerate". wttfffff

Then the next question went

Q. Because Congressman Green is known for his public posturing, many people are surprised to discover that he is ______ man in private.

A. an articulate
B. a hopeful
C. a diffident
D. a mendacious
E. a truculent

I'm not ashamed to admit that the only fucking words I knew here were A & B.

Wtf, who is expected to know such a high level of vocab? Even Humanities and arts students (which includes English majors) are getting an average score of 590/800 on the verbal section.

So I went to a bar today, I guess its a bar, has a pathetic selection of beers, as in Bud, Bud Light, and Bud Lime. It was people dancing to crap music and ugly girls grinding against ugly guys, yes there were attractive people but the whole thing was just lame to me. I prefer a pub that serves good beer and you just sit down with friends and talk while listening to quality music. I will never go to that place with that group of people ever agian, I then went to a bar that served honest Guiness and good beer/ciders.

Honestly, everyone there I felt was kinda pathetic, just completely not my style like how the music was bloody terrible, went to the pub I like and they were playing Zeppelin...proved my awesome place:D

Wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf.

So I'm thinking of applying to graduate programs in astronomy and astrophysics, right? I'm focused on 3-4 things atm, in order of most to least important (more really current priority to future priority): Regular GRE/GPA/Physics GRE/Letters of rec.

Yeah the GRE is a pretty messed up test, luckily I got to take the GMAT.
futurama_guenter.jpg

*My friends who were engineering majors made fun of me alot when this came out.

How much did you spend on booze? I went to estonia about a month back and spent 160? on alcohol :)

I got a mini-starter-kit for around 40?. 3 liters of vodka, 24pack beer and 24pack long drink. I got vodka from harbor and beer&lonkku from the ship.

And now I have a little hangover. :|

Last edited:
I got a mini-starter-kit for around 40?. 3 liters of vodka, 24pack beer and 24pack long drink. I got vodka from harbor and beer&lonkku from the ship.

And now I have a little hangover. :|

You have much to learn, my young padawan. :D

Oh come on, you've got to just LOL. :lol:

Poor Paul..

True, but the kid in the ad grates my tits.

"I want to do a poo in Paul's house!!" WTF??!!:blink:

Not as bad as the Irish TV License ads though...

I know no one in Aussie country :| plus out of the States and it gets too pricey for me.

There are plenty of us here in Melbourne :)

Last edited:
Damn, the power's been on and off all day. A couple of hours this morning (woke up to find my clock radio flashing default numbers). Then it was off all afternoon until about half an hour ago. As far as I've been able to find out the whole suburb and one neigbouring us was effected. Stupid crazy ass wind is to blame, apparently some tree came down on a pretty important power line somewhere, they fixed it, only for damage to occur elsewhere.

So annoying. Let's see if the power stays on tonight.

You have much to learn, my young padawan. :D

Bah, I know enough about drinking alchohol. ;) Altough I admit I should've bring more long drink. It is almost gone...

edit: Besides I can always go to Alko and buy some vodka. :tease:

Last edited:
Gah, had the driving lesson today in my Dad's car.
Kept cutting out, wasn't used to the pedals. The car itself is more powerful, so I'm going too fast, then I need to brake harder, and the clutch was more worn and...lighter than in the Fiesta.

Then my instructor kind of told me off for not indicating when pulling in or moving out, and not using my mirrors and checking the blindspots. (it was an empty road so there was no immediate danger, but I really need to start doing it...)

Then I stopped too short from a Stop line, startred up again indicated right, inched out a bit, dude in Porsche Cayenne Turbo S is signalling right against me, flashes at me, put I didn't really cop it straight away because his indicators were on aswell, then the fucker started beeping at me, as did the litte bitch behind me.

Why is everybody mean to me? :(

Bah, I know enough about drinking alchohol. ;) Altough I admit I should've bring more long drink. It is almost gone...

edit: Besides I can always go to Alko and buy some vodka. :tease:

..and pay 10?+ for a 0.5l bottle? :D

btw. I'd really like to try making moonshine someday.

btw. I'd really like to try making moonshine someday.
I made some pruno once. It tasted awful. I didn't drink enough of it to find out how strong it was.
It would have been cool if I were 16 or some shit but this was last year! I could have just bought a bottle of cheap wine! In fact, for the cost of the ingredients I could have bought three bottles of wine!

Ah well, I wanted to try my hand at wine making... although I suppose real wine doesn't have canned pineapple and Heinz ketchup in it.

Why is everybody mean to me? :(

Once the L Plates come off, presuming you are a good driver then, people suddenly become much nicer to you. It really sucks being a learner, so I'm very glad I only lasted 3 months :p

Once the L Plates come off, presuming you are a good driver then, people suddenly become much nicer to you. It really sucks being a learner, so I'm very glad I only lasted 3 months :p

I'm aiming to get my license by my 19th in October....Hopefully:|