Health and Safety Rant

• I agree with you.

Votes: 30 63.8%
  • Don't care about this.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • You're an idiot.

Votes: 14 29.8%

• Total voters
All I ask for is some god damned better lane discipline and better mirror usage. If everyone had to meet the requirements of a truck driver, especially to use ANY kind of trailer, this country would be better off.
I dunno I was almost run over by one when he decided to undertake me and then merge back into my lane as soon as the nose of my car was past his cab (he had a trailer on) lets just say I'm only alive and my car is unscathed because I was expecting it for whatever reason.
Yeah, anyway. They are going to get ridiculous with driving licensing over here. They are planning to make (or making, not sure yet) all licenses temporary, so you have to renew it every 13 years or every 5 years if you are a truck driver. My current license would expire at 2058. It just smells like paper work you need to do, so they can get your money.
We have to renew our licenses pretty often, I've only had mine for around 4 years and I've had to renew it once already.

Last edited:
We have to renew our licenses pretty often, I've only had mine for around 4 years and I've had to renew it once already.
I do believe he means retaking the test, not just walking in and paying 30$ to get a new piece of plastic that says you can drive.

I'm all for having to be retested every 10 or so years to keep your driver's license. If you are really a good driver, you should have no problem passing the test. The people that bitch and moan about that are the bad drivers and most likely need to have their licenses revoked.

I do believe he means retaking the test, not just walking in and paying 30$ to get a new piece of plastic that says you can drive.
Yes, but I'm afraid it will be just like that, pointless red tape to make some money.

I'd rather they take money from us that way rather than taxing us to death.

What makes you think they won't do both?
@Ladamaha
Ahh OK I thought it was just a renewal fee. Not a bad idea though I doubt I could pass parallel parking :)

I dunno I was almost run over by one when he decided to undertake me and then merge back into my lane as soon as the nose of my car was past his cab (he had a trailer on) lets just say I'm only alive and my car is unscathed because I was expecting it for whatever reason.

Some drivers are just assholes, regardless of what they are behind. 99% of the time the only reason I see a trucker do anything stupid is because they have to since I have yet to see anyone be considerate of truckers and let them over, or keep them from having to slow down and speed up again.

The reason I used the truckers test is that it is far harder, and the rules for getting your license pulled are far more strict. A lot of people I know that got their licenses started driving their cars far better as even a speeding ticket in that effected their trucking license. Plus trucking rules (at least in California) say they MUST stay in the right 2 lanes, except for interchanges. Lane Discipline would do wonders for LA traffic.

Most states seem to be every 4 years. California does it that way, and after 12 years I think you have to retake the written test.

Last edited:
Some drivers are just assholes, regardless of what they are behind. 99% of the time the only reason I see a trucker do anything stupid is because they have to since I have yet to see anyone be considerate of truckers and let them over, or keep them from having to slow down and speed up again.
True enough, I try to be considerate of them because lets face it if I cut off some other sedan and he crashes into it won't do much damage. If I do the same to a truck.............
Plus trucking rules (at least in California) say they MUST stay in the right 2 lanes, except for interchanges. Lane Discipline would do wonders for LA traffic.
Same in NY and NJ.