2009 German Formula 1 Grand Prix

Jesus freaking Christ, I'm gonna be a nervous wreck at the start of the race waiting to see if Webber shitty luck strikes again or not. If he wins I might literally bounce of the walls!

Also, well done Adrian Sutil, mega driving! :thumbup: I love it when these smaller teams stir things up a bit. And Piquet too! (gutted for Alonso, though, stupid Glock :?)

Red Bull handed ?10,000 fine
11 July 2009

The Red Bull Racing team has been given a fine of ?10,000 for an incident involving Sebastian Vettel during Saturday's qualifying session at the N?rburgring. We can confirm that the incident in question occurred in the pit lane during the second phase of the qualifying hour.

With Vettel having qualified in fourth position for his home Grand Prix, FIA race director Charlie Whiting notified stewards after the session of an apparent incident. Although specific details of those involved have not been listed, GPUpdate.net can report that the fine has been given for a happening during Q2 in which Vettel was judged to have been released into the path of another car in the pit lane.

The FIA official report, relating to Article 23.1 i) of the sporting regulations, reads: 'The competitor Red Bull failed to release car 15 when it was safe to do so and created a potentially dangerous situation.'

For reference, Article 23.1 i) reads as follows: 'It is the responsibility of the competitor to release his car after a pit stop only when it is safe to do so.'

Source

The BBC said that he did actually bump someone on his was out in Q2 I think? It was Nakajima I think.

Also, looking at the fuel loads of the cars one would think that Vettel must of made a mistake in Q3 to only qualify fourth with the same fuel load as Webber.

Well done Mark :) Finally. If only he did it at Brazil when he qualified second in his Jaguar.

Sutil. Bloody brilliant. Hopefully FI can get some points as they have been threatening for quite some time now.

What a crazy session 2.

Webber for the win.

Perhaps it was just you or it was cleaned of any rain and condensation.

Rubens has had some problems starting this year so the people starting from 4th and behind rubens will have to watch out and also the people on the other side of the grid as there will be a lot of cars everywhere trying to avi=oid him if it happens.

Did anyone else notice in qualifying last night that vettles onboard camera was of a much higher quality then the rest of the field?

Perhaps it was just you or it was cleaned of any rain and condensation.

Rubens has had some problems starting this year so the people starting from 4th and behind rubens will have to watch out and also the people on the other side of the grid as there will be a lot of cars everywhere trying to avi=oid him if it happens.

No it was a much smoother and clearer picture, it looked as if it was in higher resolution compared to the rest.

From earlier in this thread...

I think that Vettel's on-board camera may have been HD, the quality seemed much better than the others they showed. It was as good as the regular trackside cameras.
F1 in HD will be a good day when it arrives!

^^I think so too, I read somewhere else that Kovalainen had one too a few weeks ago.

Sounds like the are testing out HD equipment for the F1 broadcasts...

Thanks for the picture above of the Vettel incident Gman.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/76901

Brawn set to renew 2009 upgrade push

By Jonathan Noble Sunday, July 12th 2009, 09:11 GMT

Jenson Button, Brawn, Nurburgring 2009Brawn GP is ready to pull more resources back onto improving its 2009 car if rival Red Bull Racing delivers continued strong performances in the next few races.

With a major upgrade to Red Bull's car having left Brawn facing a serious fight for the world championship now, team principal Ross Brawn is considering putting more of his team's emphasis into improving his current machine rather than preparing for 2010.

A decision on that plan will be made after this month's Hungarian Grand Prix, when Brawn will be better able to judge how effective its next scheduled upgrade is against the Red Bull.

"We have some quite good steps," explained Brawn, who accepts that Red Bull has now seized the advantage in terms of overall pace. "We have a new floor, new engine cover, new wings for Hungary, and obviously we are just balancing the work we do for next year with this year.

"It depends how these next two races go, but we might steer a bit more back to this year, but it is a normal balancing act in terms of deciding. If we move the programme more to 2009 we can still come up with things for the last four races if we feel we have to."

He added: "We are trying to balance what we want to do for next year and what we want to do for this year. So, the constraints that FOTA has agreed on wind tunnel hours means that even if we had the resources we could not just expand your programme a lot.

"We are operating fairly close to the FOTA resource limit, as I know Red Bull are, so there is no capacity to turn on extra wind tunnels or what have you, so we have to make a judgement call over the next few weeks and decide how much effort we put into this year and how much effort we put into next year."

Although tyre temperature factors have played a part in explaining Red Bull's recent dominant form, Brawn does not think that is the only reason why his car has slipped behind its rival.

"I think there is a gap," he said. "Obviously they have made a good step with their car. If you look at Turkey, I think Istanbul the cars were pretty similar, we had a better set-up in the race and it turned hot and that worked in our favour, and they've had quite a big step at Silverstone.

"They have moved away from us with their car and we have to do our best to limit the damage here, which I think if we have mixed conditions race will give us some opportunities, and we have some improvements coming which we need to try and introduce as quickly as we can.

"We had a few races where the cars were quite close. We have not had any major upgrades, we have one coming for Hungary now, and we were pretty close and they made a pretty good step at Silverstone.

"At the same time we've had two races that have been exceptionally cold which for us has possibly exaggerated the difference - it was 11 degrees on Friday, so it has been frustrating to have to battle both, but that's part of the championship year. We were running 50-60 degrees front tyre temperature, which is hopeless. You need 70 or 80 to get the things working properly."

:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop: 50 degrees of tire temperature??????? No wonder the BGP 001 suffers so much in low temperatures. If this form continues, they've shot themselves in the foot by making a car that's maybe too kind on its tires.

Wow, 50 is nothing. Normally they run at 100 easily, don't they? They better hope for some hot races, cause otherwise we might have a Red Bull champion this year (please ;))

lol Webber.
This isn't a demolition derby, you don't get points for hitting two people before the first corner. Hamilton would have been leading this if it wasn't for that contact causing a puncture, now he's in last.

Of course we know Webber, we won't hear the end of him moaning about it being someone elses fault.