Random Thoughts....

Holy shit, almost had a heart attack.

I watch BBC's Persian station sometimes so I brush up on my Farsi... I was listening to it in the background as I'm working, and I hear the guy announce "next up, Full Throttle" and guess what I hear next, Jessica by the Allman Brothers!

I guess it's not all that surprising, but I really didn't expect to see Top Gear dubbed in my mother tongue.

Edit: Hmm, seems the video has disappeared and it's just the noise now. I guess they can't stream it online like they do all the other programs on the channel.

Been too the ophthalmologist today to get my eyes checked (I prob need stronger glasses) ... and had to get Atropine drops into my eyes wich dilate the pupils forcefully ... and that resulted in me having quite a fun day ...

This is what my eyes looked like the whole day (and still do):
http://img156.imageshack.**/img156/7192/eyeyeyeye.jpg

And I basically couldn?t see anything all day. Especially outside where the sunlight just was way too bright to make out anything (I walked the whole day of course, no chance of driving). The last few hours I?ve just been able to start watching Tv again ...

I?m just glad I didn?t run into any cops on my way home or to the supermarket ... It might have been difficult to explain why I look like on drugs and stumble around on the sidewalk with basically both my eyes closed ... :lol:

Ugh, differential equations are such a mindfuck... and it's even worse when you get to the end of it and are basically told "It's too complex to calculate the answer to the initial question anyway, you can only let a computer solve it iteratively, but good effort."
:|
On the other hand, Euler's buckling formula is quite sweet.

Last edited:
Just back from Harry Potter and the half blood Prince. Really quite good - Jim Broadbent can act.

Recommended - no shaking cameras - save for the Quidich matches. A bit too slobbering I think - do teenagers go on like that, yew?

A solid 8/10.

Just back from Harry Potter and the half blood Prince. Really quite good - Jim Broadbent can act.

Recommended - no shaking cameras - save for the Quidich matches. A bit too slobbering I think - do teenagers go on like that, yew?

A solid 8/10.

I bet the version I'm going to watch will have shaking cams ;)

Just had my driving lesson.

You will be happy to know that there were no more mishaps with the driveway this time :D

Anyways, Ronan decided I would drive through town today, at around 6.30 on a Wednesday evening, so traffic was settling down.

Anyways, was driving through O Connell Street, which is the busiest street in Limerick City. Stopped at a red light, changed to 1st, it was a hill start so I had my foot on the brake and was starting to lift the clutch.

I didn't give the car enough power to take off, and I went off the clutch too fast, so I cut out. I "tsk"ed, switched to neutral and switched the ignition back on again. I then changed to first again, and set off.

Total time delayed...5 seconds.
Any normal person would be ok with that wait, but noooooo. *beep**beep**BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

4 or 5 cars behind me started beeping at me like as if the force of the horn would push me off quicker.:mad:

Then later on I stopped at a roundabout, and was a bit cautious to move off because my view was blocked by cars on the right lane. I hadn't even fucking taken off at this point, and this asshole in a souped up Civic started beeping at me...and I cut out.:mad:

What the fuck is it with fucking assholes who beep at fucking Learner drivers when we fucking cut out and take an extra few seconds to fucking take off or are driving a little bit fucking slower than you fucking deem acceptable????!!!!

I really need a hug:(

:comfort:

I've had my license for just over 10 years and I still cut out sometimes, but wierdly only after I got the volvo :?

:( *Hug* I stalled twice today - there's nothing to worry about in that.

And as for the assholes behind you, that is pretty bad. I've never been beeped at. Unfortunately there is no way to get over them other than learn to ignore them.
It's an incredible thing that people who are learning get treated much worse, thanks to their lower skill and time behind the wheel.
When you stall, just take your time. You'll get much more satisfaction to move off slowly going through just before the lights go red again.

Since my driver's ed class when I was 15, I have stalled a car once: and it was on a hill in San Francisco, driving a friend's truck for the first time. I let the people beep whle we switched seats and let my friend drive his own damn truck in his own damn hometown. :p

Well it's a month on from my accident and my arm is finally starting to feel a little normal. It has been a long 4 weeks and what really sucks in the muscles have atrophied and now my right arm is all weak and flabby*. Still can't move my arm up or out, stupid weak ass bicep tendon.

*I'm well aware I opened myself up to masturbatory jokes.

I stalled my MG about a trillion times after I first got it. That's what I got for having a V8 in my DD.

Ugh...my last grandparent just passed away. "Butch" was 96. Never fully recovered from his last hip-breaking fall. :(

I thought the Sierra's engine was still ok?!

:drums:

Do you know what the funny thing is?

My Sierra actually has a worn camshaft, so it tappets a bit at tickover :D

By the "shaking cams" I meant some shitty screener version off mininova :lol:

NecroJoe, RIP to him :hug::(

I just ate porridge. Who does that these days at half 10 at night? I have to get up at 5am. I havent been up that early since... ever. And now my parents won't book some amazing offer holiday in case I get further after an interview tomorrow, which I won't.
ROAR.

Just had my driving lesson.

You will be happy to know that there were no more mishaps with the driveway this time :D

Anyways, Ronan decided I would drive through town today, at around 6.30 on a Wednesday evening, so traffic was settling down.

Anyways, was driving through O Connell Street, which is the busiest street in Limerick City. Stopped at a red light, changed to 1st, it was a hill start so I had my foot on the brake and was starting to lift the clutch.

I didn't give the car enough power to take off, and I went off the clutch too fast, so I cut out. I "tsk"ed, switched to neutral and switched the ignition back on again. I then changed to first again, and set off.

Total time delayed...5 seconds.
Any normal person would be ok with that wait, but noooooo. *beep**beep**BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP*

4 or 5 cars behind me started beeping at me like as if the force of the horn would push me off quicker.:mad:

Then later on I stopped at a roundabout, and was a bit cautious to move off because my view was blocked by cars on the right lane. I hadn't even fucking taken off at this point, and this asshole in a souped up Civic started beeping at me...and I cut out.:mad:

What the fuck is it with fucking assholes who beep at fucking Learner drivers when we fucking cut out and take an extra few seconds to fucking take off or are driving a little bit fucking slower than you fucking deem acceptable????!!!!

So long as you got the big roof thingy on the car with the big red L on it that everyone can see, then don?t worry about it. All that they are doing by beeping is announcing to the world that thee are ignorant idiots.:mad:

Let them do so and try to ignore it. :)

Thanks for the hugs lads!!:)

It's a lot of things really, the cutting out. Mainly getting used to my Dad's car after my instructor's Fiesta, which was a bit less powerful.

My Dad's car is older, and the pedals are that bit lighter and maybe more worn than in the Fiesta. So without realising I may be coming up faster on the clutch than I think I am, I accelerate too much, and I have to brake harder, etc.

It's just stuff I have to get used to I suppose.

Was pretty terrifying in town though :?. Nearly ran into the back of a Garda van:|

So long as you got the big roof thingy on the car with the big red L on it that everyone can see, then don?t worry about it. All that they are doing by beeping is announcing to the world that thee are ignorant idiots.:mad:

Let them do so and try to ignore it. :)

Was in Dad's car so no roof thingy, I did have L plates up...

Although we didn't realise until I pulled up outside my house at the end that my L plate have slipped off the back window...(It's one of those static ones that you can re-use)

Been too the ophthalmologist today to get my eyes checked (I prob need stronger glasses) ... and had to get Atropine drops into my eyes wich dilate the pupils forcefully ... and that resulted in me having quite a fun day ...

I know, dilated pupils are so fun, right? :p

I've had all sorts of experiences at ophthalmologists' offices, and getting your pupils dilated is definitely one of the worst... it's not painful or anything per se, but it lasts so god damn long and it's so annoying not being able to open your eyes and look properly...

I haven't done it in a few years' though... which is actually a bad sign for me.