Andy Willman Please READ THIS THREAD [Viper ACR for loan]

Now we're talking, why didn't you include these sweet pics in your first post? :)

BTW, I still find these "[fill in a member of TG crew] PLEASE READ ME" threads annoying.

I don't know, they might like the fact that this has 100 extra horsepower over the one they tested before, and the fact that it does fast laps around the ring. Then again, the logistics of bringing a car over from NA to the British Isles may not be entirely worth a few minutes of production time. Unless there's already one in Europe.

Ever wonder why the cars they drive in a lot of foreign country challenges/tests are right hand drive? (lp-670 in Dubai, for instance)

-They ship them from the UK. It shouldn't really be that hard to get one car over the atlantic..;)

Look at this season's preview. Its got a ZR-1 and it isn't against an ACR.

They've had other private cars. Think veyron and enzo at the least.

Friend thought it'd be cool to offer so he did. Since only 179 have been made so far, none in RHD and I don't believe that Chrysler can sell one in the UK (licensing I think, may be wrong.)

Ever wonder why the cars they drive in a lot of foreign country challenges/tests are right hand drive? (lp-670 in Dubai, for instance)

-They ship them from the UK. It shouldn't really be that hard to get one car over the atlantic..;)

Furthermore, a lot of the stuff that gets tested on the track is LHD, and on foreign plates. They do ship stuff over from Europe for the show, and apart from the distances and timings, logistically it isn't much harder to bring something over from the other side of the pond. Given the way budgets are being squeezed at the moment, the biggest problem in general is probably cost.

Dubai is a poor example. Emiratis love cars and it's probably one of the few places in the world where one can purchase a new Alfa, Renault, Skoda, etc. and also be able to buy a Ford pick up off the showroom floor. They could care less about import/export stuff, they will gladly waive fees in return for good publicity. And everyone has connections there anyway, but I digress.

I'm sure TG would be game to do a Scud vs. RWD Gallardo vs. Viper ACR vs. ZR1 or something in the future. I'm sure if you pitched the ideas to TG directly- ie look around the TGUK website and see if you can get some contact info. It may also be worth trying the BBC itself to get in contact. I'm sure with enough perseverance, it can be done. Good luck to you and your friend, that would be a cool piece to watch.

I'm sure TG would be game to do a Scud vs. RWD Gallardo vs. Viper ACR vs. ZR1 or something in the future. I'm sure if you pitched the ideas to TG directly- ie look around the TGUK website and see if you can get some contact info. It may also be worth trying the BBC itself to get in contact. I'm sure with enough perseverance, it can be done. Good luck to you and your friend, that would be a cool piece to watch.

:nod:

And yeah; apologies for being demotivating. *goes off to hide, or something*

I can understand why people started spamming and demotivating. My favorite one is still the one from season 2 episode 5 with the description of the Porsche lineup.

Here's to hoping he gets a response.

i'm with you eroy, i hope your (son's/age??) car comes trough. (+rep)

And then indeed in the form DER STIG mentioned. That would be awesome.

My 8 week old son (as of yesterday) has been photographed in the ACR as well but it isn't a great pic. I've got some shots of him besides a GranTurismo S, 355 F1 and F430. I need the GT3RS and Scud to round out some good ones.

If you know about Calgary you know there is a lot of money for a 1 million population. I know of 3 Enzos was 4 until one burned a few weeks ago (youtube Enzo BC), bunch of GT2, an MC12, carrera GTs, most colours of Ford GTs and at least 5 or 6 Scuds. Oh and F430s like they're being sold in 6 packs. Its truly ridiculous. Downtown the average vehicle that drives by while I wait for the bus is a new BMW 3 series.

Last edited:
If you know about Calgary you know there is a lot of money for a 1 million population. I know of 3 Enzos was 4 until one burned a few weeks ago (youtube Enzo BC), bunch of GT2, an MC12, carrera GTs, most colours of Ford GTs and at least 5 or 6 Scuds. Oh and F430s like they're being sold in 6 packs. Its truly ridiculous. Downtown the average behicle that drives by while I wait for the bus is a new BMW 3 series.

Vancouver too... it's a strange combination of old beater trucks, tiny ecoboxes, and auto-bling...