Officially Official: Acura unveils 2010 ZDX crossover

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
Wooooooooooo, another crossover....

With 300HP/AWD though, should have decent acceleration (which of course Honda would call outstanding :lol:)

Officially Official: Acura unveils 2010 ZDX crossover

After its conceptual debut at the New York Auto Show in April, the 2010 Acura ZDX officially joins the coupe-like crossover fray this winter. Acura has dropped a brief release and a trio of photos of the production variant, and like recent Honda and Acura concepts, the ZDX was nearly production ready when it debuted in NY. The only notable changes over the concept are the headlights, tail lamps and a few details in the lower front fascia.

Under the hood, the ZDX gets the same 300-hp 3.7-liter V6 as in the RL and TL, paired up with Acura's first six-speed automatic transmission, along with torque vectoring Super Handling-All Wheel Drive as standard equipment. While the ZDX seems similar to the BMW X6, the production versions looks significantly more compact, making Acura's new swoppy crossover more of a competitor to BMW's new 5 Series GT. The ZDX should slot in nicely between the RDX and the larger MDX and appeal to those who like the dynamics of the TL in a slightly taller package. So far there has been no word from Acura on pricing, so expect all the details to be released when the ZDX goes on sale later this year.

PRESS RELEASE

All-New 2010 Acura ZDX Four-Door Sports Coupe Will Feature Dramatic Styling, Outstanding Performance and Advanced Technology

All-new Acura model on-sale this winter

The all-new provocative 2010 ZDX four-door sports coupe will arrive at Acura dealerships with dramatic styling, outstanding performance and the latest in advanced technology. The segment bending ZDX features stunning coupe-like styling with the added benefit of a commanding presence and flexible utility. Staying true to the prototype model that debuted at the 2009 New York Auto Show in April, the production ZDX will feature the key design highlights of a panoramic glass roof, hidden rear door handles and bold fender flares.

Along with head-turning styling, the ZDX will boast outstanding performance from its 3.7-liter V-6 engine mated to an all-new 6-speed automatic transmission. The 3.7-liter SOHC V-6 all-aluminum engine will generate 300 horsepower and 270 lb-ft of torque for immediate acceleration response, outstanding low- and mid-range torque and superior high-rpm power. The 6-speed automatic transmission with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters gives the ZDX excellent acceleration while also enhancing fuel economy. Standard on the ZDX is Acura's exclusive Super Handling All-Wheel Drive? (SH-AWD?) system. The SH-AWD? system expands the ZDX's appeal by providing outstanding handling as well as superior all-season capability. Standard on the ZDX are 19-inch, 7-spoke alloy wheels; the largest standard wheel in the Acura lineup.

Inside, the ZDX exhibits the highest levels of refinement and sophistication. Every ZDX interior will feature a hand-stitched leather dash, panels and sculpted center console. The rich leather appointments give the ZDX a warm and inviting feeling while creating an intimate cockpit for the driver and passenger.

The ZDX's flexible utility enables customers to have great utility coupled with sleek styling. The ZDX can seat up to five adults while maintaining a generous amount of cargo space behind the second row of seats. The cargo area can also be expanded to accommodate longer objects, such as golf bags, by removing side panels in the cargo-compartment sidewalls. As an added bonus, there is an integrated under-floor storage area.

When the ZDX goes on sale this winter, customers will have the choice of three distinct trim levels: ZDX, ZDX with Technology Package and the ultra premium, ZDX with Advance Package. Like all Acura models, the ZDX will come generously equipped from the start. The panoramic glass roof with moveable sunshades, hand-stitched leather interior, HandsFreeLink? Bluetooth? connectivity, power tailgate, and a high powered audio system with CD player, AM/FM/XM radio and USB audio interface with iPod? integration are all standard features.

The ZDX with Technology Package adds several features including a Navigation System with Voice Recognition?, an Acura/ELS Surround? premium audio system and a new multi-view rear camera. The Advance Package boasts additional customer enhancing technologies like a blind spot information system, a Collision Mitigating Braking System? (CMBS?), and Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC).

When the ZDX goes on-sale, it will bring a new level of prestige to the Acura lineup. The ZDX will be priced and positioned between the MDX luxury SUV and the RL luxury sedan. Pricing and additional details will be released at a later date.

2010_zdx_2.jpg

2010_zdx_exterior.jpg

10zdx_interior.jpg

The grill looks like a cigar cutter or something to me, as do all the new Acura's. Its okay I guess, but that rear window looks completely useless.

Urgh, it's like someone saw the X6 and thought "how can we make this more ugly??! let's mate it with a Pontiac!"

KILL IT!

The problem is...I live in a suburb of the San Francisco Bay Area with far too many soccer moms who would only delight in driving such a thing.

I had high hopes when reading the post. I mean it's possible for a crossover to look not-to-bad IMO, and with the internals this has it could have been good for someone who wants the cargo space of a hatchback, the looks of some kind of toy truck thing, and the fuel economy of a small SUV, but this thing is fucking hideous.

It's better looking than a BMW X6. :D

Absolutely correct. And you know what? As someone who misses having a truck/suv...I dig it! I think it's the first good-looking vehicle to carry Acura's current design theme.

It looks like someone designed it with only the use of the shapes in WordArt.

Why people buy these things doesn't make any sense to me. If you want a sports car you buy a sports car, if you need to go off-road regulary you buy an off-road car. Why would anyone want a lifted up sport coupe is beyond me. If that car had normal suspension like a normal car, it would look much better and be better for everyone.

I'm sure 90% of those (if some idiot actually buys one) will never see anything but paved roads in their lifetime either. Not like it's going to be any better than a normal car on a gravel road though.

Last edited:
Fuck me rotten, that looks terrible.

Acura is not fooling anybody with their new front fasica... I have seen exactly one new TL and 3 new MDXs and zero TSXs with the stupid new grille. Get a clue please, Acura.

WOAH. Needs a new grille and Interior trim... but

ME LIKES. Those rear lights are sickk.

Why people buy these things doesn't make any sense to me. If you want a sports car you buy a sports car, if you need to go off-road regulary you buy an off-road car. Why would anyone want a lifted up sport coupe is beyond me. If that car had normal suspension like a normal car, it would look much better and be better for everyone.

I'm sure 90% of those (if some idiot actually buys one) will never see anything but paved roads in their lifetime either. Not like it's going to be any better than a normal car on a gravel road though.

Quit hating, and THINK. It's because somebody wants speed, agility, and a raised/elevated cabin, which is DEFINITELY safer than ass-grinding-on-the-pavement seats.

Last edited:
Quit hating, and THINK. It's because somebody wants speed, agility, and a raised/elevated cabin, which is DEFINITELY safer than ass-grinding-on-the-pavement seats.

I find this confusing because I know Americans do not understand or do sarcasm.

That has to be a joke, but it can't be. I'm not going to get sleep tonight.

It looks like they took theire most hideous SUV, cut the roof off and put a 370Z roof on it and tought, hmm, we have an X6 competitor now! Don't like either of them.

Wow, a true X6 competitor......for the ugliest car title.

The X6 is a beauty compared to this.