When one of the trio get old...

When one of the trio get old...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dont want to think of that moment :(
I better enjoy the present

A little while back I saw a clip of Andy presenting on old TG on Youtube. I wish I could remember what he was reviewing. There are quite a few clips on there, actually.

There's one on the first page of this thread!

In a bin at the back of the TG technology centre there is a plastic tub marked, mysteriously "organic spares".

I can reveal to all members if TG forum that I have it on the very best authority that their whole technology team have been working on, and have perfected a tincture of Monkey Glands - whoot! They will never grow old. :happy:

You sure it wasn't the newly-opened Dunsfold branch of Torchwood?

When clarkson or may get too old to do the show, or hammond gets too bored or too dead or something to do the show would you rather...

a. Carry on with the other 2

b. Other 2 plus new guy (who?)

c. Call it a day on what hopefully is still a high note

d. Get em back in and make them do it till they die

e. Sack em all and get 3 (or however many) new presenters

Discuss.

Sorry for the missing o in the title
Me, of course.

What about Richard and James travelling across god-knows-where on their bikes. :cool:
Awesome idea is awesome. First stop... Japan.

I would say that if either Clarkson or May have to go for whatever reason, thats the end of TG.
Hammond can easily be replaced.
True;)

They should do less shows, we want more quality film;) Quentin Tarantino didn't made Kill Bill with few months.. seriously

Last edited:
I voted 'c' as well. Only because 'e' isn't quite what I would do. Which is stop, then try and bring it back with a whole new team. That's the producers, directors, presenters, most of the crew, location, concept etc replaced. Start from the top again.

I think that if Hammond left - they might as well close down shop. Same thing if JC or JM left.

Hammond is the guy they send forward when a piece requires a more enthusiastic, sporty and slightly more edgy take on it. You wont see JC trying to skip across an ice cold 50 feet deep lake in a jeep specially made for it(but still having a 40% failure rate) or whatever.

No that takes a Hammond to do it.

They got a perfect trio working there, no point in mocking about it with it.

I would love to see this show go on as long as it possibly can, wether it be 2, 3 or even 5+ more seasons. I really love this show, I use to watch every episode( starting around season 7) with my brother. He was handicapped but his love of cars was so great, he passed it on to me growing up, and this was something we use to watch together every sunday.

That was until July 7th, he passed away from pnemonia, only 35 yrs old. I lost more then just my brother, he was my best friend in life. And so I continue to watch it every sunday, as I know he would want me to. I pause for a second each time I feel myself about to chuckle, and instinctively look to my left ( where he always sat next to me) expecting to see him smile back at me. So no I dont want to think of TopGear ever ending, It would be like losing another piece of what we shared in common, but nothing lasts forever :cry:

I think that if Hammond left - they might as well close down shop. Same thing if JC or JM left.

Exactly.

IMO, those of you who are saying Richard is easily replaceable? You're talkin' RUBBISH! As I've said in the past, I would very much mind someone replacing him. I would say the same in regards to either James or Jeremy. NONE of them are easily replaceable.

Hammond is the guy they send forward when a piece requires a more enthusiastic, sporty and slightly more edgy take on it. You wont see JC trying to skip across an ice cold 50 feet deep lake in a jeep specially made for it(but still having a 40% failure rate) or whatever.

No that takes a Hammond to do it.

Also: THIS.

It's a united we stand united we fall sort of thing. Can't have the show without those 3 and those 3 alone, can't remove someone without removing all 3 of them.