The General Motorbikers Discussion Thread

What's up with the crushed Buells? Is it a joke? Perhaps some kind of whacky marketing - our standards are so high we crush anything sub-par?

Pretty funny stuff.

I kind of like Buell, at least the concept. They provide something different. Shame they aren't better quality.

No, it's Buell admitting that their Blast model was more or less a miserable pile and humorously announcing that they won't make the thing any more. Hopefully in a way that will make the Internet notice and get the word out.

You do know what the Blast was, right?

Last edited:
Harley is under investigation from the State Government over here.
They left customers waiting 6 months for replacement parts and some poor bastards are waiting more than a year for parts under warranty...

No, it's Buell admitting that their Blast model was more or less a miserable pile and humorously announcing that they won't make the thing any more. Hopefully in a way that will make the Internet notice and get the word out.

You do know what the Blast was, right?

No, don't know about the blast. It is a pretty funny announcement though. Pretty unexpected. Hopefully they can put as much thought and effort into producing better bikes. :|

So are they seriously going to sell crushed bikes?? I took it as a joke and that the model was finished. Surely it is remaining stock, they aren't going to build bikes just to crush them!?

No, don't know about the blast. It is a pretty funny announcement though. Pretty unexpected. Hopefully they can put as much thought and effort into producing better bikes. :|

So are they seriously going to sell crushed bikes?? I took it as a joke and that the model was finished. Surely it is remaining stock, they aren't going to build bikes just to crush them!?

The Blast uses half of a Harley engine. Specifically, it's a Harley Big Sportster engine with the rear cylinder removed and the gap in the case blocked off. The front/remaining cylinder was sleeved down. The rest of the engine stayed the same.

Then they stuck that in the equivalent of a CB250 frame while keeping the Harley belt drive, transmission, etc.

Needless to say, it didn't work out well, though lots of idiots bought them.

Last edited:
Shame because it's an interesting concept and not bad looking.

I want to like them, it's a shame they suck. I guess "ambitious but rubbish" applies here.

In unrelated news, I noticed I clicked over 30,000k's on my bike the other day. And it's making a noise I don't like. I think (hope) it's just the chain and not something internal.

30000ks.jpg

And what's this? I didn't look that closely, but couldn't see any conspicuous manufacturer markings.
Oh, just noticed the MT-01 on the muffler. Pretty menacing looking bike.
Wow, peak power at 4750rpm. 1670cc!

bikebigblakc.jpg

Last edited:
I had an early 70s Suzuki GT550(2stroke triple) and it never had that problem. You must be running it very rich on oil. I know I put over 20k miles one summer and all I ever did was replace the tires and normal maintanence. Although, if your Kaw is oil injected (My Zuki was)that could have a problem.

Nah, I'm just joking around about my bike, man. It's not that bad. ;)

Stumbled upon this '95 (late '94 production date) CB750 for sale in Brentwood (south side of Nashville). The guy brought it up from Florida, and you can tell by the corrosion from the salt air. He's got $1200 on the sign, and told me he'd take $1000. It does run and ride, but the non-stock bars, flat paint and corrosion all tell me to avoid it regardless of price. And yeah, that's a Corbin seat.

P1010102.jpg

P1010103.jpg

What's wrong with clubman bars? I just put a set on my CB550F. ;)

Though they appear to be mounted either at a funny angle or upside-down, as clubmans hang down faaaar lower than that...the flat paint shouldn't be a big deal, but the corrosion and the sea air means that you should definitely talk this guy down a lot, CB750 Nighthawks aren't exactly Vincent Black Shadows. Check the fuel tank for rust as well at that rate.

Yeah, that's not a bad price, but it's definitely been dropped at least once and is in poor condition.

I'd take it to a Honda dealer and have them write up an estimate for all the parts needing replacement.

What's wrong with clubman bars? I just put a set on my CB550F. ;)

Though they appear to be mounted either at a funny angle or upside-down, as clubmans hang down faaaar lower than that...the flat paint shouldn't be a big deal, but the corrosion and the sea air means that you should definitely talk this guy down a lot, CB750 Nighthawks aren't exactly Vincent Black Shadows. Check the fuel tank for rust as well at that rate.
They're just not my cup of tea. The stock bars are fine for me. I do like yellow motocycles though, just shiny yellow.

And yes, tank rust on old Hondas is always a sore spot. I think I bought two (or was it three) tank for my CB650 on ebay before I finally got one without rust.

Yeah, that's not a bad price, but it's definitely been dropped at least once and is in poor condition.

I'd take it to a Honda dealer and have them write up an estimate for all the parts needing replacement.
I think I better spend my time and money finishing my FZ6. Just thought I'd share the find, in case anyone wanted to pick it up.

So she is gone.. Our love was brief but intense, she will be missed...
:cry:

Today I did the wave...at some guy on a maxi-scooter.

God, I'm so embarrassed.

despair1237852510.jpg

I swear, I didn't notice until after he passed me! And he's probably going to go home on his blog and write, "...today I was on my Burgman 400 and some guy riding a real motorcycle waved at me! That means I can brag about how awesome my scooter is and convince people to ride these horrid things."

I went back to Home Depot to get some bolts that actually fit, and as I was riding, a little Asian boy about 3 or 4 years old in a Toyota Highlander popped his head out and said, "motorcycle!" Then he waved at me, and I waved back. :happy:

And that's how it starts. He's going to go home and get on his Big Wheel and pop wheelies and powerslides all down the street, then ask his parents for an electric scooter and then a 50cc dirt bike (even though they're illegal). And eventually he's going to dig out a ratty Honda CB400F* out of his friend's grandpa's yard and rebuild the carbs and and kick the spiders out of the tachometer casing and install clip-ons and ride it to college, toasting Harley-Davidson Softail riders along the way. And eventually he'll become the next Valentino Rossi and win 8 MotoGP championships and jump the Arc de Triomphe for Red Bull and write a column for Cycle World and ride off into the sunset.

All because I waved at a toddler on my way to Home Depot.

* I really want one of these.

Last edited:
I went back to Home Depot to get some bolts that actually fit, and as I was riding a cute little Asian boy about 3 or 4 years old in a Toyota Highlander popped his head out and said, "motorcycle!" Then he waved at me, and I waved back. :happy:

And that's how it starts. He's going to go home and get on his Big Wheel and pop wheelies and powerslides all down the street, then ask his parents for an electric scooter and then a 50cc dirt bike (even though they're illegal). And eventually he's going to dig out a ratty Honda CB400F* out of his friend's grandpa's yard and rebuild the carbs and and kick the spiders out of the tachometer casing and install clip-ons and ride it to college, toasting Harley-Davidson Softail riders along the way. And eventually he'll become the next Valentino Rossi and win 8 MotoGP championships and jump the Arc de Triomphe for Red Bull and write a column for Cycle World and ride off into the sunset.

All because I waved at a toddler on my way to Home Depot.

Yup, that's how it starts. :D For me, it was an old (even then) toaster tank CB450 "Black Bomber."

Last edited:

Me too.

For me, it all started the first time I saw a ZX-11 go by doing a gazillion miles an hour. :lol:

I read about that motorcycle a lot before I saw one, because of all the "world?s fastest motorcycle" propaganda at the time and also because coincidentally about that time the government finally allowed cars and motorcyles to be imported to our country.