Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

http://drivers-republic.com/community/groups/social/?groupguid=53caedc044c14ee087c64b58bf674bbd

I have the sad responsibility of informing you that DR is no more.
A little bird has told me that a press release has been sent to car manufacturers to the effect that Harris, Meaden, Bovingdon and Carey have left the building.

@365Daytonafan - There's been a lot going on behind the scenes here at DR. I will update you all soon. /Steve

Drivers Republic is no more. :(

Excuse the horrid chop skills, I used GIMP to weld the rims on, and I have a harder time using its transform features (no photoshop on this comp).

But.... is this carbage, or is it decent?

hondajazzultraleggera.jpg

Yes, I know the rear wheels are 17s, and the fronts are 16s, and the rear tyres are way too narrow, but like I said it's just a crappy chop job.

I'm thinking it wouldn't look too bad.

You just can't make a Jazz look like an Integra Type R

Apparently you can swap in the XR4Ti IRS with moderate modifications.

To quote my newly purchased book The MG Midget Austin Healey Sprite High-Performance Manual

Spectre is a well of lies and deceptions. The disadvantage [for coil over conversions] is that the work required is considerable, even with the purchase of a complete conversion kit from an expert such as Peter May Engineering.

That's a direct quote. :p

To quote my newly purchased book The MG Midget Austin Healey Sprite High-Performance Manual

That's a direct quote. :p

Bah. :p

Anyway, "considerable" work to some people means "I actually have to turn a wrench?" Not my fault if their scales and mine don't match. :D

I was leaving uni today, and as I was going to the car park I saw a black camaro convertible prototype pull out from the parking lot and it looks FUCKEN FANTASTIC. Sounded like a V6, but even then it still sounded great when the driver gunned it. The interior is very, very nice in person.

FUCK YOU GM for not selling the Camaro here in RHD.

The Camaro is waaaay to over rated.

I don't blame you though. I liked it the first time I saw it. then I thought it was ugly.

I saw something extremely satisfying today. I'll leave out one small detail to prevent a flame war, but here's the other 99% of the story.

So I went out to grab some lunch while at work today, and the place I went to was getting their lot repaved. They were doing it overnight, and last night the old pavement was stripped, but the parking barriers were left in place. As a result all the cars were riding lower down with respect to the barriers. For those who didn't realize this by using their eyes, it was also made evident by the really tall bump at the entrance to the lot.

As I was walking back to my car I got to watch a brand new, 4th gen, 2010 Toyota Prius smugmobile with many political stickers on the back rip its front bumper off while attempting to back out. It didn't just bend and unclip in a few spots, it completely came off and broke in multiple places. The whole nose of the car was gone.

Lets just say the middle aged hipster driver wasn't too thrilled when I started laughing in the parking lot.

I know I shouldn't have started laughing since I've done the same thing to my parents' Accord, but something about the fact that it was a Prius made it OK for me to laugh. Although I didn't do it where it was evident that the barriers were taller than they usually are. Nor did I rip the whole front end of the car off.

Last edited:
I know I shouldn't have started laughing since I've done the same thing to my parents' Accord, but something about the fact that it was a Prius made it OK for me to laugh. Although I didn't do it where it was evident that the barriers were taller than they usually are. Nor did I rip the whole front end of the car off.

If I ever do that, I realize within the first scrape. And my front bumper is kinda long, so my wheels never end up touching the barrier without realizing. Unless you count the time one of my wheels jumped the barrier because I didn't realize there was a little block there in the first place (it was by the passenger side, I didn't walk by that side of the car).

As I was walking back to my car I got to watch a brand new, 4th gen, 2010 Toyota Prius smugmobile with many political stickers on the back rip its front bumper off while attempting to back out. It didn't just bend and unclip in a few spots, it completely came off and broke in multiple places. The whole nose of the car was gone.

Lets just say the middle aged hipster driver wasn't too thrilled when I started laughing in the parking lot.

I'd laugh too if i was you. One of my dreams is to see two Prius' crash into each other.

^ hell yes, that would be awesome to the power of awesome

The Camaro is waaaay to over rated.

I don't blame you though. I liked it the first time I saw it. then I thought it was ugly.

I thought the convertible Camaro was dead though. The one I saw was a drop top.

Anybody know where I can buy a fake California HOV access sticker? I just want a few handy for the day I buy a 1967 Chrysler Imperial.

hov_access02.jpg

Chrysler-Imperial1967b.jpg

thumbs_up.jpg

Anybody know where I can buy a fake California HOV access sticker?
If there is enough money in it/if it is possible to do without damaging the car, I can scrape the ones off that are on our piece of crap prius.

But then you will have the gay ecofags off priuschat trying to report you.
I googled fake hov sticker and this is what I found
28197-how-report-illegal-hov-stickers.html

Anywho. I'm going to get these on my car
1817d1170387737-how-report-illegal-hov-stickers-fake.jpg